Soxtalk Hall of Fame

Texsox

Which person is most worthy to enter the Soxtalk Hall of Fame?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which person is most worthy to enter the Soxtalk Hall of Fame?

• cwsox
    • DBAHO
    • kapkomet
    • Rex Hudler
    • sideshowapu
    • southsider2k4
    • Spiff
    • Steff
    • The Cheat
    • YASNY

The Soxtalk Hall of Fame will be opening soon and the loyal members of this great community will decide the first inductees. Each year, at the end of the Sox season, two members will be added to the Hall of Fame. There will be a special forum, with sections on history, the Soxtalk Annual Awards, and other cool stuff.

After carefull consideration and discussion it was decided that the founders of Soxtalk deserved a special area, reserved for them. The first inductees, known as the Founders Club are:

Chisoxfn

Heads22

Molto

Mr. Showtime

MurcieOne

Some newer and not so new posters may not recognize some of these names, you will after the Hall Opens.

I am starting two polls. The votes will be added together to determine the winner. It is the overall total of both polls. Obviously we would prefer you vote for two but have no way of knowing if you decide to place both votes for one candidate.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.. thanks to whomever nominated me. I thought maybe I might have a shot at the "Troublemaker of the Year" award.. but the HOF...?  :unsure:

Thanks guys.  :usa

I wasn't about to let you take "Troublemaker" without a fight :chair

I nominated HSC, and she ain't on there. No question in the world she belongs. I just don't get it. And I hate doing it this way, but I don't see a way around it.

I don't want to put words in Tex's mouth, but it is all about the amount of nominations that people got. These 10 were the people that got mentioned most often. Since HSC wasn't in there, it means that not too many other people PMd Tex with her name. Keep in mind there are a lot of posters who joined in the last year who have no idea who she is. And actually many of the Founders weren't mentioned that often just because lots of the newer posters have no idea the contributions that people like Mario for example made to Soxtalk.

I nominated HSC, and she ain't on there. No question in the world she belongs. I just don't get it. And I hate doing it this way, but I don't see a way around it.

trust me being here as long as I have i probably wouldnt have remembered everyone plus there are so many people who have done a lot before most of the current people arrived that not many people know what they truly did to help this place out

Yes, a case certainly could be made. I would also mention FlaSoxxJim, QueenPrawn, Abo, SuperSteve and a few others. When selecting 2 having twenty to choose from didn't seem like a good idea. There was also some discussion on current vs. historical.

We tried and balanced keeping it meaningful with only electing two. We could have added twelve, twenty, or even forty and all would be deserving.

In the end the decision was mine. I believe everyone on the list is deserving. I also believe I could make another list of ten and they would also be deserving.

BTW, post count was not a deciding factor. Quality posts were.

I consider it an honor to have been nominated. Thanks guys. I will cast my votes for two other quality candidates, and good luck to all nominees.

Regarding HSC, I don't think a banned poster should ever be considered for the HOF. Think Joe Jackson and Pete Rose here, for example.

Doesn't being a moody PMS'ing female give me even a slight edge...??  :huh

:lol:

If you are not elected, don't worry, the next project is a women of Soxtalk calendar, poster, and special photo section for 18 and up.

I consider it an honor to have been nominated.  Thanks guys. I will cast my votes for two other quality candidates, and good luck to all nominees.

Regarding HSC, I don't think a banned poster should ever be considered for the HOF.  Think Joe Jackson and Pete Rose here, for example.

I believe she left on her own will.