How'd Baj pitch tonite...

Heads22

Well, ok fine if you wanna now. Right now he really hasn't shown his stuff since he's been used rarely. Why in the blue hell would you call him a bust? He wasn't hyped at all, and he's just getting alittle taste in the majors now. He wasn't even suppose to be at the show but thanx to his impressive minor league numbers, he's earned a chance to pitch here. I bet Munoz, Diaz, etc.. are all bust too since their era's are way up.. :rolly

Well, ok fine if you wanna now. Right now he really hasn't shown his stuff since he's been used rarely. Why in the blue hell would you call him a bust? He wasn't hyped at all, and he's just getting alittle taste in the majors now. He wasn't even suppose to be at the show but thanx to his impressive minor league numbers, he's earned a chance to pitch here. I bet Munoz, Diaz, etc.. are all bust too since their era's are way up.. :rolly

Not a bust? He was the fourth overall pick in 1997. I know you will say he has had surgeries but so what so have alot of other pitchers and they went on to have successful careers. That is all i have to say.

Not a bust? He was the fourth overall pick in 1997. I know you will say he has had surgeries but so what so have alot of other pitchers and they went on to have successful careers. That is all i have to say.

He had his surgery two years ago. It takes that long to fully recover from Tommy John surgery. I give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Let's see what Grilli looks like next year.

He had his surgery two years ago.  It takes that long to fully recover from Tommy John surgery.  I give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Let's see what Grilli looks like next year.

Point is he was highly regarded at one point and has not lived up to those expectations. I am saying even before his surgery if he would have succeeded in the minors much more than he did. He was pretty damn s***ty in the minors outside of two seasons.

Back to the original point of the topic please. I am curious to know how Baj looked.

Good.

About Grilli, the radar gun on WGN had him consistently registered at 94-95 mph. Is this correct? Previous starts his velocity was well below this speed. If it were true, he may be throwing with all his strength; which might explain his wildness.

Point is he was highly regarded at one point and has not lived up to those expectations. I am saying even before his surgery if he would have succeeded in the minors much more than he did. He was pretty damn s***ty in the minors outside of two seasons.

He's got to have some ability to have been drafted that high. He'll be healthy next spring. If he can't throw strikes, we'll cut him loose. But he's got enough arm that you have to give him a look in ST. He'll have to earn it, but we should give him a shot.

You'd hate to cut him loose then he succeed elsewhere while you have a hole in your rotation. Look at Texas this year. They were begging for starters. Who did they release in ST? Glendon Rusch. They would have won that division if they had kept him.

He's got to have some ability to have been drafted that high.  He'll be healthy next spring.  If he can't throw strikes, we'll cut him loose.  But he's got enough arm that you have to give him a look in ST.  He'll have to earn it, but we should give him a shot.

You'd hate to cut him loose then he succeed elsewhere while you have a hole in your rotation.  Look at Texas this year.  They were begging for starters.  Who did they release in ST?  Glendon Rusch.  They would have won that division if they had kept him.

Pitchers can have control problems in high school and college and still do very well just like grilli. Why can people not tell that he is only a 4a pitcher at best? If you cannot throw strikes while playing professional baseball you will get rocked which grilli has numerous times. Even if he has not gotten rocked he is always one pitch away from it. He had 86 pitches today and only 43 were for strikes. Five walks and he hit a batter, might as well go sign russ ortiz this off-season. Not exactly the type of pitcher you want in the a.l. let alone any where.

Rusch would not do well in the a.l. at all. If he gets lucky 4.50 era.

Why do you feel you are the last word in evaluting talent.  All I'm saying is that the guy deserves a shot.  I'm advocating making him our "ace".

If he has failed throughout the minors what makes anyone think he will be even decent in the minors. That does not happen very often at all. Imo he is barely a 4a pitcher, but i respect your opinion on grilli.

If he has failed throughout the minors what makes anyone think he will be even decent in the minors. That does not happen very often at all. Imo he is barely a 4a pitcher, but i respect your opinion on grilli.

Time to play thread police..........

Christ, there is a whole other thread about Grilli. Why must you guys talk about him there? I know keeping a discussion in the proper thread is a novel concept, but perhaps, just perhaps I ACTUALLY WANTED TO KNOW HOW BAJ PITCHED TONIGHT!!!!

Gracias amigos

:)

Christ, there is a whole other thread about Grilli.  Why must you guys talk about him there?  I know keeping a discussion in the proper thread is a novel concept, but perhaps, just perhaps I ACTUALLY WANTED TO KNOW HOW BAJ PITCHED TONIGHT!!!!

Gracias amigos

Did you say something, Rex? :lol:

from the top of my head....

He inherited a runner from Schoe, then a walk, then an almost bloop single caught by Carlos who then caught the runner off of second.

The second double play was from Fat-ass Calvin Pickering. So that only counts as half a double play

At least he didn't give up any runs, but his WHIP is still close to 2.5. :o

Christ, there is a whole other thread about Grilli.  Why must you guys talk about him there?  I know keeping a discussion in the proper thread is a novel concept, but perhaps, just perhaps I ACTUALLY WANTED TO KNOW HOW BAJ PITCHED TONIGHT!!!!

Gracias amigos

I am sorry won't happen again. ;) I got carried away just alittle bit about grilli you can say.