SamME - CAUGHT ON TAPE

Bruce Levine reported that Sosa, who CLAIMED to have stayed at Wrigley until at least the 7th inning yesterday, was seen on parking lot surveillance tapes leaving the lot in his car at 1:35pm. He had arrived at 12:10pm, meaning he stayed long enough to b**** about Dusty Baylor's comments about him, make up some phony reason not to play, and then leave.

How DARE the Cubs doubt him at his word!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sammy is surely feeling stupid right now. He knows a lot of his fans are losing plenty of respect for him and that he may not stay in the city of Chicago for very long.

even though hes a 10 and 5 guy i think the cubs would force him to rework his awful contract and ride his ass outa here

even though hes a 10 and 5 guy i think the cubs would force him to rework his awful contract and ride his ass outa here

Well, the benefit for SamME to accept a trade is that the sucker - oops, I mean LUCKY TEAM - who trades for him would have to guarantee his option year at 17.5 million bucks, meaning that they'd take on 35 mil over 2 years for a 36-year-old, quickly fading, mysteriously shrinking, awful defensive right fielder.

If he refuses a trade, there's NO WAY IN HELL the Cubs will pick up his 2006 option. And there is also NO WAY IN HELL anyone would give him anywhere close to 17.5 mil on the free agent market.

Well, the benefit for SamME to accept a trade is that the sucker - oops, I mean LUCKY TEAM - who trades for him would have to guarantee his option year at 17.5 million bucks, meaning that they'd take on 35 mil over 2 years for a 36-year-old, quickly fading, mysteriously shrinking, awful defensive right fielder.

If he refuses a trade, there's NO WAY IN HELL the Cubs will pick up his 2006 option. And there is also NO WAY IN HELL anyone would give him anywhere close to 17.5 mil on the free agent market.

thats why i have a feeling the cubs will rework his deal. they dont want him anymore

If any organization fails to acknowledge these conditions and STILL trades for him they deserve to be contracted. If Omar Minaya is susceptible to Sosa's fan appeal, or how a change of scenery may help juvenize him, then he may run away with the title of worst GM in baseball.

Simply ignore all calls from Hendry on the topic of Sosa and LET...HIM...ROT in Chicago. I'm anticipating the effects another year Scammy and Dusty Baker will have in the Cubs likely collapse. SOLID!

Bruce Levine reported that Sosa, who CLAIMED to have stayed at Wrigley until at least the 7th inning yesterday, was seen on parking lot surveillance tapes leaving the lot in his car at 1:35pm. He had arrived at 12:10pm, meaning he stayed long enough to b**** about Dusty Baylor's comments about him, make up some phony reason not to play, and then leave.

How DARE the Cubs doubt him at his word!!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You do know the reason he left right?

You do know the reason he left right?

The story I heard is that he arrived, b****ed about Dusty, claimed an illness and left.

The reason doesn't change the fact that he claimed to have stayed until at least the 7th inning and the surveillance video proved him to be a liar.

I dont think the current collective bargaining agreement allows players to rework deals that give the player less money.

Remember A-Rod could not go to Boston because they were trying to devalue his contract.

Sammy is getting paid, and unless the Cubs eat over $10mil, its going to be by the Cubs.

SB

I dont think the current collective bargaining agreement allows players to rework deals that give the player less money.

Remember A-Rod could not go to Boston because they were trying to devalue his contract.

Sammy is getting paid, and unless the Cubs eat over $10mil, its going to be by the Cubs.

SB

that was because he was spose to go in a trade. i think i remeber deals being reworked before but what the hell do i know :D :cheers

The smear campaign is now running on all cylinders. Could you imagine the Wrigley Field surveilance tapes showing Sammy leaving early leaking out even last year. They gave him a couple hours to hide all his corked bats for christsake. The Cubs want to dump Sammy in the worst way, hopefully no one will be stupid enough to bite.

LOL, this just keeps gettin better and better.

CHICAGO (AP) - Sammy Sosa arrived late and left early from the Chicago Cubs' season finale and then lambasted manager Dusty Baker, saying he was unfairly blamed for the team's failures.

It was the latest chapter of a season gone wrong for the Cubs, who led the NL wild card with nine games left and then lost 7 of 8 to miss the playoffs."I'm tired of being blamed by Dusty Baker for all the failures of this club," Sosa said in an interview published in Monday's Chicago Sun-Times.

Sosa was irritated by Baker's pre-game comments Sunday that he needed to be in better shape mentally and physically next season.

Sosa, who knew Saturday he wouldn't play in the finale, didn't arrive at Wrigley Field on Sunday until about 70 minutes before the first pitch.

He wasn't on the bench or in uniform for the game and left before the game ended.

"I was in the clubhouse until the seventh inning, when I left. I was in there with the other guys like I always do when he gives me a day off. I always stay inside," Sosa said.

Baker said after the game he didn't give Sosa permission to leave early but that "there's no tension between us." Sosa is expected to face some kind of disciplinary action from the Cubs.

Cubs general manager Jim Hendry said Monday that Sosa was wrong not to be dressed.

"There's certainly no excuse to miss the game, not dress and leave early," Hendry said.

Sosa, whose average slipped to .253 this season with 35 homers and 80 RBIs - he spent a month on the disabled list with a back problem brought on by a violent sneeze - said he was tired of being the fall guy.

"I'm always the guy they are going to blame," Sosa told the Sun-Times. "They blame me for not going to the World Series last year. They blame me for not going to the playoffs this year. I'm tired of it."

Sosa has one year left on his contract that will pay him $17 million next season, and the club has an option for 2006.

Baker said before Sunday's game he wanted Sosa back, amid more trade speculation.

"He's got to go to work this winter. Get in tiptop shape mentally and physically. It's a big year for him next year," Baker said

Those comments apparently angered Sosa, who was dropped in the batting order this season, at one time falling all the way to sixth.

"I'm always the guy they are going to blame," Sosa told the Sun-Times. "They blame me for not going to the World Series last year. They blame me for not going to the playoffs this year. I'm tired of it."

Unfortunately what Sammy doesn't realize is that comes with the territory when you are the one soaking up all the accolades when hitting 60+ HR on a losing team. If Sammy wanted to be in the limelight when he was "the" man, then he has to understand he will also be in the limelight when things aren't going so well.

Unfortunately what Sammy doesn't realize is that comes with the territory when you are the one soaking up all the accolades when hitting 60+ HR on a losing team.  If Sammy wanted to be in the limelight when he was "the" man, then he has to understand he will also be in the limelight when things aren't going so well.

We have a winner.

If Sammy wanted the $17 mil a year and photo ops with Mark McGwire, this would be the other side of the coin.