Reinsdorf's Ownership

Rooftop Shots

Just saw an interview with Gail Fischer and JR on The Comcast Sports station. The interview was mostly about The Bulls, but I put this on here for all The Sox fans out there that would hope to have a new owner someday. The final question that Gail Fischer asked JR is, "Would you ever consider giving up either team?" His answer was direct.............""Yeah...Only when I die!!" If you are either pro, or con of Jerry's ownership, just wanted to pass along that if you ever have any hopes of JR selling, it's not going to happen. Personally, I don't care who owns the club. I just want to see a friggin' World Series Title. I'm rather sick and tired of year after year of watching October baseball without having The Sox in it, let alone us having "THE"team to beat!!!

For the 8,361,402 nd time.. Jerry does not own the Sox.

Thank you!!! I argue this point with everybody, but nobody seems to believe me. At school the Sox general counsel spoke and when I asked him about the ownership structure he said "I'm the only person who really knows that answer, and even I need documents in front of me to answer it." But he did say in no way is JR a majority owner.

For the 8,361,402 nd time.. Jerry does not own the Sox.

Sorry, don't mean to sound clueless, but Just curious, why then would Gail Fischer ask him if "HE" would ever give up either team? How could he give up something that he does not own or control? Not looking for any confrontation, just not sure of the answers to the questions. Sorry, but due to computer issues, I haven't been on the board for quite some time.

Sorry, don't mean to sound clueless, but Just curious,  why then would Gail Fischer ask him if "HE" would ever give up either team? How could he give up something that he does not own or control? Not looking for any confrontation, just not sure of the answers to the questions. Sorry, but due to computer issues, I haven't been on the board for quite some time.

Don't know. Don't care. What I do know is he is not the owner.. and not even close to a majority shareholder.

Don't know. Don't care. What I do know is he is not the owner.. and not even close to a majority shareholder.

Then who is? I was always under the impression that he owned a pretty large share (at least the largest of anyone) and there was Einhorn and a bunch of other shareholders.

Can somebody explain this one to me?

Thank you!!! I argue this point with everybody, but nobody seems to believe me.  At school the Sox general counsel spoke and when I asked him about the ownership structure he said "I'm the only person who really knows that answer, and even I need documents in front of me to answer it."  But he did say in no way is JR a majority owner.

because people would rather place the "blame" on one person than a group.

JR is the chairman and makes decisions based on what the other owners want.

off topic, and perhaps this is something that is known by most here, but do you guys know which MLB owner, except JR, owns a part of the Bulls? He's very well known for an owner, spends a boatload of money and is hated by almost everyone outside the fans of his team, and the ones who feels what he does is perfectly fine and not bad for the game.

Pretty interesting.

Then who is? I was always under the impression that he owned a pretty large share (at least the largest of anyone) and there was Einhorn and a bunch of other shareholders.

I've been told who the majority owner is (or at least someone who owns more share than JR, but I can't remember his name. What I do know is the is very passionate about the Sox and laid back.

The Sox are not a public company. If the majority owners wanted their names out there.. they'd be out there. Obviously they don't - and with good reason, IMO. Jerry "ownes" just under 5%. He is the chairman. He verbalizes the boards decisions.

because people would rather place the "blame" on one person than a group.

JR is the chairman and makes decisions based on what the other owners want.

off topic, and perhaps this is something that is known by most here, but do you guys know which MLB owner, except JR, owns a part of the Bulls? He's very well known for an owner, spends a boatload of money and is hated by almost everyone outside the fans of his team, and the ones who feels what he does is perfectly fine and not bad for the game.

Pretty interesting.

I thought that he only owned a part of the bulls throughout the late 80's up until the mid 90's. Are you sure he still is?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/ba...001/cwgeo0.html

The whole bulls situation is in about the middle of the page.

Steinbrenner sold his Bulls interest when Jerry Reinsdorf purchased the franchise in 1985. He still regrets that decision.

"I am one of the original dumb guys," Steinbrenner says. "Jerry twisted my arm to stay, but I told him I couldn't stand much more of the winters."

I tried to search down the ownership, but the only records I can get are of the corporate structure.

But here is one interesting thing I could find about the ownership:

Judd D. Malkin (age 65) is Chairman and a director of JMB and an

officer and/or director of various JMB affiliates.  He is also an

individual general partner of JMB Income-V.  Mr. Malkin has been associated

with JMB since October, 1969.  He is also a director of Chisox Corporation,

which is the general partner of a limited partnership that owns the Chicago

White Sox, a Major League Baseball team, and a director of CBLS, Inc.,

which is the general partner of the general partner of a limited

partnership that owns the Chicago Bulls, a National Basketball Association

team.  Mr. Malkin was also Co-Chairman of the Board of Directors of Urban

Shopping Centers, Inc. from its inception in 1993 until November 2000.

SB