Steve Stone Resigns!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably could.

That's not my dream to hear though.  If I had it my way, I would have Hawk Harrelson and Bob Uecker in the booth.  I know that's not possible, but man that'd be fun.

And they're both play-by-play guys, I know...but they're both so colorful, they could just switch back and forth.

I would have Babe Ruth and Rodney Dangerfield but I don't see that happening either. They would be a dynamic duo.

I would have Babe Ruth and Rodney Dangerfield but I don't see that happening either.  They would be a dynamic duo.

"Hooo, I'll tell ya, Babe, that pitch was so far outside that it got hit by a car! No respect from the ump at all....."

"Hey, Rodney, can ya get me a hot dog and a hooker?"

:lol:

:cheers I think that is why they have colors.  I'm just a little tense with all this curse talk.

Hopefully this will mark the beginning of the end for the Cuddily Cubdom...Joe Carter anyone?

Personally, I LOVED Joe Carter!

You just don't get that much unintentional comedy anymore....

The phrase I used that angered certain people was "I regret nothing." Well folks, I was wrong about that and want to set the record straight. I regret I won't be calling another Cubs game on WGN-TV for the greatest fans in baseball…the fans of the Chicago Cubs.

The quote "I regret nothing" was during an interview about whether he regretted saying dispariging remarks about the cubs... Obviously the Cubs organization told him that they wouldn't allow such things to occur next season, and forced Stoney's hand.

Me too and for the same reason...but now we have this blob!  I think he fills in nicely.

johnkruk.jpg

He does fill in some of the void of jackassery left by Carter, but it was SO MUCH BETTER to have 3+ hours per game, 100 or so times a year for Carter to babble. Kruk doesn't get enough time to let his mind wander like Carter's used to.

I'll tell my favorite Carterism again, for those who haven't heard it yet:

During a game, Carter meant to mention the cumulus clouds overheard, but actually called them "cunnilingus clouds". There was more than a moment of silence, and the calling of the game continued. The Astros were retired in their half of the inning, and in the single best moment of Chip Caray's career, he said "The Astros still haven't licked Cubs pitching"!!!!

That was the ONLY time I've ever felt like THIS :headbang :headbang about Chip Caray!

He does fill in some of the void of jackassery left by Carter, but it was SO MUCH BETTER to have 3+ hours per game, 100 or so times a year for Carter to babble. Kruk doesn't get enough time to let his mind wander like Carter's used to.

During a game, Carter meant to mention the cumulus clouds overheard, but actually called them "cunnilingus clouds". There was more than a moment of silence, and the calling of the game continued. The Astros were retired in their half of the inning, and in the single best moment of Chip Caray's career, he said "The Astros still haven't licked Cubs pitching"!!!!

That was the ONLY time I've ever felt like THIS  :headbang  :headbang about Chip Caray!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hillarious!

As much as I like Steve Stone there is no reason the Sox would hire him. They are loyal to their staff and that includes Hawk. There is no way he would share the spotlight.

Forget loyalty. When JR has a chance to hire a guy this respected, and this well liked, he'll go for it. Especially considering ratings will thrive this year with Hawk and Stone, which only puts money in his pocket.

That was the ONLY time I've ever felt like THIS  :headbang  :headbang about Chip Caray!

ROTFLMFAO! :lol: :lol:

This just made my day.

Heard on AM1000 this morning that the Cubs have contacted Bob Brenly about Stone's job.

They could do worse, Brenly's solid.

Brenly better know going in that he can't criticize the paper-thin-skinned Cubbie players, though....just so he understands that they can't take criticism, or even PRAISE if it's not spread around evenly enough ( referring to Alou's b****ing that the pitching staff got too much praise and not enough for the hitters ).

BEST NEWS I've heard yet is that The Moth, Mark Grace is NOT being considered at all! :headbang

For more than thirty years that is  :lol:

Ha, nice one.

But on the other hand, Stone wasn't really hounded like that before this year.

He had Harry to distract people from what he was saying early on, and for the most part the team was bad enough to reinforce any criticisms Stone might have aired.

This was the first year that anything was expected of the Cubs, and they cracked. Then they needed scapegoats and decided to target the announcers.

Heard on AM1000 this morning that the Cubs have contacted Bob Brenly about Stone's job.

They could do worse, Brenly's solid.

Brenly better know going in that he can't criticize the paper-thin-skinned Cubbie players, though....just so he understands that they can't take criticism, or even PRAISE if it's not spread around evenly enough ( referring to Alou's b****ing that the pitching staff got too much praise and not enough for the hitters ).

BEST NEWS I've heard yet is that The Moth, Mark Grace is NOT being considered at all!  :headbang

I don't know...I know they probably didn't want him saying much, but when Brenly was broadcasting during the playoffs...I thought he was kind of worthless...