GM's Meeting

chisox05

UMMM,why would u guys want willie to start????

He never will hit the ball at the major league level and a complete retart could figure that out. He is fast, thats all, he is fast and can play cf and 2b. Thats all. I think ya'll mustve forgotten groundball after groundball to 2b, out,out,out,out,out..........

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He never will hit the ball at the major league level and a complete retart could figure that out.  He is fast, thats all, he is fast and can play cf and 2b. Thats all.  I think ya'll mustve forgotten groundball after groundball to 2b, out,out,out,out,out..........

Which is exactly why he hit RHP at a .280 clip last year with a .700 OPS. :rolly

did you even watch the 2004 season? willie at one point of time when he was given consistent playing time was hitting .300 and regardless he ended the season with a good OBP.... ozzie just seemed to have a thing against him, who knows what it is

He hit 300 for a short time when he had a little run going as all mlb players do. He then was screwed when mlb teams figured out that he gets all of his hits the same way, they played in, and he had now way to get a hit except chop it to 2b and hope for the best.

HE isnt a good hitter at all, good hitters make adjustments and its obvious willie willl never be able to adjust, he just doesnt have the talent.

He hit 300 for a short time when he had a little run going as all mlb players do.  He then was screwed when mlb teams figured out that he gets all of his hits the same way, they played in, and he had now way to get a hit except chop it to 2b and hope for the best.

HE isnt a good hitter at all, good hitters make adjustments and its obvious willie willl never be able to adjust, he just doesnt have the talent.

I do not like him but come on. It was his first full year, and he was hitting over .300 in the middle of june and was hitting and was hitting .279 on august 10th still. I agree he is way too inconsistent though.

He hit 300 for a short time when he had a little run going as all mlb players do.  He then was screwed when mlb teams figured out that he gets all of his hits the same way, they played in, and he had now way to get a hit except chop it to 2b and hope for the best.

It was his 1st full season in the majors, he's not going to step up and hit like Albert Pujols did when he 1st started. You don't just give up on a guy like Harris with his speed and his leadoff hitting potential. If he can learn to hit LHP, which he may never get the chance too here, then he'll become a much better player.

It was his 1st full season in the majors, he's not going to step him and hit like Albert Pujols did when he 1st started. You don't just give up on a guy like Harris with his speed and his leadoff hitting potential. If he can learn to hit LHP, which he may never get the chance too here, then he'll become a much better player.

The day willie harris has over 500 ab's in one season and hits 300 w/ 375 obp is the day that i will be put in an insane asylum.

Harris will never EVER hit even 260 if he has even over 400 ab's-he just doesnt have the talent. He has the speed and the "slap" hitter approach but he simply isnt good enough and never will be.

The day willie harris has over 500 ab's in one season and hits 300 w/ 375 obp is the day that i will be put in an insane asylum.

Harris will never EVER hit even 260 if he has even over 400 ab's-he just doesnt have the talent.  He has the speed and the "slap" hitter approach but he simply isnt good enough and never will be.

He hit .262 with 409 at-bats this year. ;)

Harris will never EVER hit even 260 if he has even over 400 ab's-he just doesnt have the talent.  He has the speed and the "slap" hitter approach but he simply isnt good enough and never will be.

Yeah guys, I mean, come on; he'll never be as good as the best defensive player in baseball, the best gap hitter in baseball, Orlando Cabrera... :rolly

He hit .262 with 409 at-bats this year. ;)

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

My God, that's funny.

I still don't have any clue if Willie can hit lhp or not, he had 72 abs against lhp this year, I don't think he has even 150 in his ML career. I don't know why "Willie can't hit lhp" is treated as an established fact. He did pretty well in the 2nd half of 2004, who knows?

I look at guys like Willie, Garland, Crede, and Big Ben Davis and I say that this is theri shot in 05. If any of them don't produce, it might be moving time before 06. I think that all of them are capable of turning their respective corners but who knows if they will. You would have to assume that Davis has the most breating room as long as his defense is solid. If Willie doesn't start running more then he is not much of an asset. Hopefully the mental block that made him so tentative will be behind him.

I look at guys like Willie, Garland, Crede, and Big Ben Davis and I say that this is theri shot in 05. If any of them don't produce, it might be moving time before 06. I think that all of them are capable of turning their respective corners but who knows if they will. You would have to assume that Davis has the most breating room as long as his defense is solid. If Willie doesn't start running more then he is not much of an asset. Hopefully the mental block that made him so tentative will be behind him.

Davis has had many, many chances, they've just been distributed over 3 different organizations. You shouldn't give him more leeway than Willie (who's never been trusted w/ more than a limited role) or Garland (who hasn't broken out, but has been consistent over the last few years). Burke was our best catcher last season, anyway.

He never will hit the ball at the major league level and a complete retart could figure that out.  He is fast, thats all, he is fast and can play cf and 2b. Thats all.  I think ya'll mustve forgotten groundball after groundball to 2b, out,out,out,out,out..........

I disagree. Willie showed flashes of being a fantastic lead-off guy in the early going. He then hit a little bump in the road and Ozzie benched him. It must have killed the guys confidence. I still have faith in Willie, as I do Crede. If you think Willie will never figure it out, I can't imagine what you have to say about Joe Borchard.

CWSOX45

I disagree. Willie showed flashes of being a fantastic lead-off guy in the early going. He then hit a little bump in the road and Ozzie benched him. It must have killed the guys confidence. I still have faith in Willie, as I do Crede. If you think Willie will never figure it out, I can't imagine what you have to say about Joe Borchard.

CWSOX45

I have hated borchard from the day we drafted him.

When he was one of the top specs in baseball, he still had a low obp and didnt have that great of power #'s. Borchard has a great work ethic but he just isnt made for baseball-go back to football joe, your losing time.

KW still has that dream of Crede turning into Adrian Beltre of 2004. Most of us doubt it's gonna happen.

I don't think KW has a fasicination of Crede in that sense. The fact is Crede showed signs that he had talent in the minors, but hasn't been able to translate that into success in the majors. Defensively he's sound. Right now though, we don't have a lot of viable options. Crede is in a situation where we need to give him another year. Why? Because Josh Fields has an ETA of 2006, ruling out locking up a more expensive option that would require a contract of 2 or more years. Crede can be a serviceable third baseman, and may be able to get us something in return when it is time for Fields to take over.

Here's a name that you rarely hear: B. Kim from Boston. He is in the last year of his deal and will make $5 million, most of which I believe Boston would be willing to eat. Kim apparently has no interest in being traded to Japan and since we have Shingo here, it could be a decent fit. You could use Kim as a set-up man or as a fifth-starter. Again, I'm not saying that he should be our top option with his makeup and health issues, but he is a guy who is in his mid-20's and gives a staff unique flexibility.

Here's a name that you rarely hear: B. Kim from Boston. He is in the last year of his deal and will make $5 million, most of which I believe Boston would be willing to eat. Kim apparently has no interest in being traded to Japan and since we have Shingo here, it could be a decent fit. You could use Kim as a set-up man or as a fifth-starter. Again, I'm not saying that he should be our top option with his makeup and health issues, but he is a guy who is in his mid-20's and gives a staff unique flexibility.

I'd definitely take Kim as a guy out of the bullpen, but I don't want him starting. Kim's best asset is his deceptive pitching motion, and if teams are seeing him every fifth day, they'll be able to have more success against him.

But in the bullpen, I'd definitely like Kim...

I'm not sure why Takatsu would help any. Shingo's Japanese, Kim's Korean.

Kim will make $6 million next year and even if Boston ate half of that, I don't think it would be good for us to give a headcase bullpen pitcher $3 million a year. What do you mean by "since we have Shingo here, it could be a decent fit?" :unsure: Because they're both asian side-armers?

I think if you read between the lines, I think Boston will be willing to take on more than half of his salary. I just think he'd be an intriguing option. I know Kim's been kind of a recluse in past clubhouses but with a fellow asian and a town where there is a significant population, he might fit in better here. Hey, maybe we could go after Hasegawa and nickname our bullpen "the Orient Express" :)

Look we don't know what's going to happen with Willie in the future, his status is right up in the air right now. He may not get that chance to prove himself here anymore by the looks of things between him and Ozzie. Of course if we sign Vizquel, Uribe and Harris will be fighting for time at 2nd, and I think it's pretty easy to see which way that is going to go. But no way should you write off a player after his first full season in the majors. A lot of hitters don't get it until they've been in the majors for a few seasons at least, so they can work on their strike zone, and the little things that will make them a better hitter in the future.

A lot of people before last season thought Harris was nothing more than a AAAA player. Too good for the minors, and not good enough to make it in the majors. Even though he was inconsistent, a .260 year wasn't the worst result at all.

Look we don't know what's going to happen with Willie in the future, his status is right up in the air right now. He may not get that chance to prove himself here anymore by the looks of things between him and Ozzie. Of course if we sign Vizquel, Uribe and Harris will be fighting for time at 2nd, and I think it's pretty easy to see which way that is going to go. But no way should you write off a player after his first full season in the majors. A lot of hitters don't get it until they've been in the majors for a few seasons at least, so they can work on their strike zone, and the little things that will make them a better hitter in the future.

A lot of people before last season thought Harris was nothing more than a AAAA player. Too good for the minors, and not good enough to make it in the majors. Even though he was inconsistent, a .260 year wasn't the worst result at all.

DBAhizzle... looks like were gonna have quite the time negotiating for KG :lol: