Rumors thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my God, Bruce Levine is sucking off Jim Hendry saying "I would never bet against him" but then went on to chronicle how he lost out to Atlanta on the Kolb trade. Just silly...

Also said that he expects Sosa to be traded because again, "I would never bet against Hendry" he literally said it 2-3 times

Also Washington won't take Sosa unless Cubs pay his whole contract, and cubs only have about 5 million left under their budget and reiterated it would take a Sosa move for them to pursue Beltran

Also Washington won't take Sosa unless Cubs pay his whole contract, and cubs only have about 5 million left under their budget and reiterated it would take a Sosa move for them to pursue Beltran

WTF? What the hell good would that do? I mean I hate Sosa as much as anybody but s*** I'd take him if he was FREE. Jim Bowden = things that make you go hmmm...

Oh yeah......

:fthecubs

Score is saying the Cubs may have found a team (didn't name) who would trade even money for Sosa, basically a group of players that equal sammy's money.

But then the update guy said "so the Cubs wouldn't have to pick up salary," but the Cubs still wouldn't be freeing any payroll, just shifting it...

JD, did u find nething out from the who kno in the Brewers organization. Did they say if they think the fleeced us?

My brother says KW wanted to make the deal bigger, and that he was the one pushing this trade. The Brewers felt they had nothing to lose so they went for it. I guess they felt Podsednik was useless to them if they had no strength in the middle of their lineup. I am still waiting to hear on the player to be named later.

Beltre News;

"And with virtually no alternatives at third base left on the market, the pressure to re-sign free-agent Adrian Beltre suddenly has become enormous. Seattle might be the only other team making a serious bid for Beltre, but the Mariners are rumored to have offered him a five-year, $62 million deal."

Santiago a Pirate;

Pittsburgh Tribune Review: "The trade for Kansas City Royals Benito Santiago should be completed in the next few days."

Brewers ain't gettin Byrd;

which appeared to clear the way for the Phillies to send centerfielder Marlon Byrd to the Brewers for relief pitcher Jeff Bennett. But Brewers general manager Doug Melvin said he doesn't anticipate any more moves after trading closer Dan Kolb and Vizcaino this weekend."

Valentin to the Rangers;

"Free agent infielder Jose Valentin said the Rangers have made him the best offer of any of his suitors, but the team indicated it is not close to signing him...

5 to 6 new teams after Sosa;

"The Cubs say five to six new teams -- including the Atlanta Braves, Washington Nationals, Kansas City Royals and perhaps the Baltimore Orioles -- initiated Sosa talks with them at the meetings, joining the Mets as clubs considering the slugger...

Agent Ron Shapiro has called the Twins to let him know Joe Randa would be very interested in playing for them.

Michael Cuddyer is going to be a regular somewhere, and the Twins might just go with him at third and Luis Rivas at second. Still, they haven't ruled out bringing in a third baseman to replace Koskie. Such a move could result in Rivas being non-tendered. Dec. 14 - 2:29 pm et

courtesy rotoworld

White Sox GM Ken Williams indicated he still sees Dustin Hermanson as a setup man despite Luis Vizcaino's addition.

The White Sox want to spend the savings from the Carlos Lee deal on a starting pitcher and keep Hermanson in the pen. If Matt Clement is out of their price range, then there's a chance Hermanson could end up in the rotation. Dec. 14 - 3:37 pm et

Source: Chicago Sun-Times