*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Zoom thats Jawad's thing, he plays extremely well to begin the season but when ACC play begins, he absolutely dissapears. Happens every year. I can't believe how upset I got over that game, I feel retarded now. Thats what the rivalry does to me unfortunately. I know things will be ok, it just kills me that we played so poorly and still had a good shot at winning, and couldn't even get a shot off. I was very impressed with Demarcus Nelson, the early comparison's to McCants aren't far off.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
Check out SI on Campus tomorrow. Here's an article on Krush. Poorly written, but i'll take the publicity. BTW, Kam's sucks regardless of what this article says

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/sion...0210/index.html

I like the photo of the Izzone with the Lansing State Journal "Beat Illinois" papers. I found it comical. :lol:

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
No, that's not me LOL.

The free throw picture...all the way on the right hand edge, i'm the one with a backwards blue hat. I'm practically famous.

and i'm the one RIGHT NEXT TO HIM, the part they decided to cut it off at. :banghead

A friend at U of M IMed me this.. any truth:

From today's SI On Campus:

"About 150 members of Illinois' Orange Krush student section scammed notoriously hard-to-get tickets for Tuesday's game at Michigan by applying for a "youth group" package under the ambigulous- and phony- name "Youth Action Chicago." As part of the charade, the group made up aliases and inquired about taking a tour of the Ann Arbor campus."

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
A friend at U of M IMed me this.. any truth:

From today's SI On Campus:

"About 150 members of Illinois' Orange Krush student section scammed notoriously hard-to-get tickets for Tuesday's game at Michigan by applying for a "youth group" package under the ambigulous- and phony- name "Youth Action Chicago." As part of the charade, the group made up aliases and inquired about taking a tour of the Ann Arbor campus."

100% truth.

http://www.dailyillini.com/news/2005/02/09...is-857035.shtml

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
haha... that's a pretty smart way to take advantage of the situation

I guess now U of M is pissed b/c those tickets are priced at about 50% off due to the fact they're supposed to be for charities.

they did it for iowa last year too.

I think it's absolutely awesome, wish i coulda went.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
Keep it on the DL, but another 110 of us are going to Iowa, again...i'll be one of em. There are also a ton of OSU tickets being bought up...place will be very orange like it was last year i would imagine.

I WANNA GO :crying :melt

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
Keep it on the DL, but another 110 of us are going to Iowa, again...i'll be one of em. There are also a ton of OSU tickets being bought up...place will be very orange like it was last year i would imagine.

You'll be crying. It will be the only game Iowa wins the rest of the year. For some reason they tend to step it up against really good opponents while sucking against everyone else.