Carlos Lee's Value

BaseballNick

It seems to me that in a lot of the trade rumors involving C.Lee, we'd be getting shafted. I'm confident that Carlos could be a legit MVP candidate, given he had the right supporting cast (a leadoff hitter who gets on base, and a #2 hitter who does the same). I haven't heard any legit rumors confirmed by Bruce Levine or Peter Gammons, but from what I've seen posted here and on Whitesox.com, we'd be "settling" for players who fit our needs.

I'm not terribly crazy about the prospect of trading for Vazquez. In my mind, he's slightly better than Garland, but with a much higher ceiling. Another rumor was C.Lee and Diaz for Scotty Pods and Doug Davis. Finally, C.Lee and Garland for Bautista and Hinske. These all blow!!! I don't think Kenny would pull the trigger on any of the above deals aside from Vazquez one.

What do you guys think???

:fthecubs

I agree with you,I also think he is underrated! My tickets are right by Carlos,and the only thing he lacked was defence. I thought he really picked it up last year. Then I see a guy like A jones look like a fool at the cell. Ill take C Lee anyday. :headbang  :rudolph

He was the only outfielder to not make an error last year.

Seems the Sox undervalue Lee too....

From chicagosports.com

It's believed the Sox will offer Paul Konerko in a deal only if Johnson ends up on the South Side. If they are a third party with Johnson landing in the Bronx, Carlos Lee could be the Sox's contribution with Vazquez coming to Chicago.

Maybe I'm misreading this, but it sounds like the Sox think Konerko has more trade value than Lee. There's no way I give up Lee unless we get Unit.

I'll leave that to you and your clan..

You would think that being 5th in range and no errors, there would be a gold Glove..

wonder why that doesn't come here?

You and qwerty make me laugh, all you two do is fight. It is funny.

You would think that being 5th in range and no errors, there would be a gold Glove..

Gold Glove winners rarely have anything to do with how good your range factor or zone rating is. It's all about those 'web gems'...

Clan? You truly are an idiot if you think there is a clan. You suggest he is a bad fielder which is an asinine thing to say.

Ichiro, Torii, and Vernon Wells are the reason the gold glove didn't come to the Southside.

I wasn't aware that you had to win a gold glove to be considered a good fielder. Huh, I had this baseball thing all wrong.

Because the gold gloves are all based on reputation. Do you think Erstad would've won a gold glove this year at first base had he not been a gold glove centerfielder?