KW still has a lot of work to do

fathom

Hopefully with the money saved in this deal, KW can fill a lot of the holes that still exist on this team:

SP- we need another starter, as there's no way you can rely on Grilli, Dustin H., or our minor league guys to be a competent starter

2b- I wish Willie wasn't going to start, but it looks like he will. However, we need a backup 2b that bats righty in order to face tough lhp like Santana and C.C.

Catcher- With a lineup with a ton of question marks, can we settle for below average players like Ben Davis? Sure seems how KW is headed.

It would be a shock to me if KW didn't make this trade to gain more resources to fill these holes. However, I am a little worried that our previous moves this offseason might have put us over budget, and this was a budget saving move.

Hopefully with the money saved in this deal, KW can fill a lot of the holes that still exist on this team:

SP- we need another starter, as there's no way you can rely on Grilli, Dustin H., or our minor league guys to be a competent starter

2b- I wish Willie wasn't going to start, but it looks like he will.  However, we need a backup 2b that bats righty in order to face tough lhp like Santana and C.C.

Catcher- With a lineup with a ton of question marks, can we settle for below average players like Ben Davis?  Sure seems how KW is headed.

It would be a shock to me if KW didn't make this trade to gain more resources to fill these holes.  However, I am a little worried that our previous moves this offseason might have put us over budget, and this was a budget saving move.

I would like Clement and Polanco really. Gotta see who's non tendered.

I would take a flyer on Cairo. And the payroll is bulls***. If the right players are comming in JR sould raise it some

I tend to agree. They could easily put together those 3 guys with a payroll between 76-80 million. IF they could find a way to move Everett for maybe a mill or two in savings they could work it out too.

could we trade pk to florida for castillo and other people? and then sign aj and a pitcher or two with the money freed up

Konerko is due to make 9 mill. Castillo signed a 3 yr 15.5 mill deal with a vesting option for the 4th year due on plate appearances which would up the payroll to 21.5 million.

I can't find the specifics, but I'm going to assume he makes 5.5 million. So the deal would save the Sox 3.5 million.

That would, under a 75 mill payroll, give the White Sox 12.5 million (give or take a mill) to get a starting pitcher, decide on a first baseman, and fill the catchers void.

You figure you can get Odalis Perez at 6 mill (maybe even 5.75), Pyrz at 4 mill. That gives you 10 million taken up, and 2.5 million left. I don't think that gets you the power hitting first baseman you would necessarily want. It would get you Gibbons, but definately not Delgado.

I just think they'd need that one big bat. But I would like that top of the order.

Konerko is due to make 9 mill.  Castillo signed a 3 yr 15.5 mill deal with a vesting option for the 4th year due on plate appearances which would up the payroll to 21.5 million. 

I can't find the specifics, but I'm going to assume he makes 5.5 million.  So the deal would save the Sox 3.5 million.

That would, under a 75 mill payroll, give the White Sox 12.5 million (give or take a mill) to get a starting pitcher, decide on a first baseman, and fill the catchers void.

You figure you can get Odalis Perez at 6 mill (maybe even 5.75), Pyrz at 4 mill.  That gives you 10 million taken up, and 2.5 million left.  I don't think that gets you the power hitting first baseman you would necessarily want.  It would get you Gibbons, but definately not Delgado. 

I just think they'd need that one big bat.  But I would like that top of the order.

anyone else besides pyrz the sox could go after? i hear he is the only catcher out there to go after??