Clement rumor

C_LEE45

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Angels are clearing room...

Reds acquired RHP Ramon Ortiz from the Angels for RHP Dustin Moseley.

We like that the Reds are getting Ortiz here, but to sacrifice one of their top prospects for a pitcher who was probably going to be non-tendered? Maybe we'll withhold judgment until seeing whether the Reds can avoid arbitration and sign him to an affordable two-year deal. Going to the National League should be very good for Ortiz. The 31-year-old right-hander looked quite a bit better last year than he did in 2003, but he was still very inconsistent, frustrating the Angels. Maybe it will help that he won't have to worry about keeping his rotation spot in Cincinnati. He should be viewed as a potential bargain in NL-only leagues. Dec. 14 - 6:05 pm et

Well, the Angels are clearing room...

Reds acquired RHP Ramon Ortiz from the Angels for RHP Dustin Moseley.

We like that the Reds are getting Ortiz here, but to sacrifice one of their top prospects for a pitcher who was probably going to be non-tendered? Maybe we'll withhold judgment until seeing whether the Reds can avoid arbitration and sign him to an affordable two-year deal. Going to the National League should be very good for Ortiz. The 31-year-old right-hander looked quite a bit better last year than he did in 2003, but he was still very inconsistent, frustrating the Angels. Maybe it will help that he won't have to worry about keeping his rotation spot in Cincinnati. He should be viewed as a potential bargain in NL-only leagues. Dec. 14 - 6:05 pm et

After this i have no doubt in my mind that clement will be an angel.

Bahaha, what a horrible move by the Reds. They could of just waited till Ortiz got non-tendered. The Angels weren't going to bring him back.

Ortiz isn't a bad fit in the NL, but I think his shot at being solid at this point in his career is out of the pen and he doesn't seem to accept that role. His stuff is nowhere near what it was a few years back when he was dubbed little Pedro.

Not much of an Ortiz fan, but at the right price it would of been a good move. Dustin Moseley is not the right price. Stoneman picks up a good prospect for a guy he wasn't going to keep.

I think they'll make a similar move with Washburn once they sign another FA pitcher. I also think they'll look at Steve Kline when its all set and done.

This guy was a 1st round pick (34th overall...sandwich pick) by the Reds back in 2000 and had pretty good numbers in AA/AAA this past year at 22. Angels could use it as bait for elsewhere but regardless its a good move for them.

I can pretty much guarantee that we will not grab Clement...I still think we will land that starting pitcher through trade...And for some reason I think before Spring Training we will see the Vazquez to Sox..Konerko and Garland to D-Backs..Johnson to Yankees trade...Watch! Because somehow someway the Yankees are going to get Johnson...the Sox need that starter..this might be all that is left...I want to see that Olver Perez and Craig Wilson Trade...That would be great! But unfortunately we'll get a pitcher like Vazquez with 5.00 era..who choked in the playoffs..and Kenny will say the same thing..We want Vazquez to be the pitcher he was half of the season last year and the season before...You'll see!

That Reds deal may have dotted the i's and put the Halo around Clements head.

This is day two of my advocating the overpaying of Matt Clement stance.  It needs to happen.

I would like perez, i feel like another lefty in the rotation wouldn't hurt us any. Also two out of the last three years he has had damn good road splits.