I guess it was time for Carlos to move on

YASNY

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no doubt the Sox's recent track record of players leaving on good terms isn't all that great. And usually KW is to blame for that as I pointed out earlier. But any publicity is good publicity I guess, well for the media anyways, and Cowley is at least trying to justify the trade more which was quite interestlingly the exact opposite of what Phil Arvia did yesterday. :ph34r:

That "I hate everybody" thing was a direct quote.  He can't say he said it if he didn't.

I swear that is out of context. That just wreaks of thick sarcasm, or someone asking a stupid question after a bad loss, or something like that. I just can't picture anyone outside of San Fransico seriously answering a question with a statement like that.

If this article is true.. Maybe this is a blessing in disguse.. But why is this coming out just now.. Makes you think if this is the SOX PR dept trying to justify the trade.

What does Cowley have to do with the Sox PR department..?

LOL!!! Too F'ing funny!!!

I knew since we weren't a winner in this trade that it would become common knowledge by Friday that CLee was pure evil. Looks like my prediction was dead on spot.

Interesting aricle by Cowley. When news broke of this trade, I was wondering whether of not the Carlos Lee expose would hit the newstands. You know, the piece which details how lazy, egotistical he is and how trading him is beneficial to this team's chemistry.

IIRC, Joe Cowley broke the story several months ago in which Ordonez conceded free agency. This was before the extent of his May injury was known. Immediately following the articles circulation, Sox insisted their intentions were to ink Ordonez to a long-term contract. I honestly believe this organization how no intentions of signing an extension before the injury, but I'll leave that discussion for another thread.

We'll see how the White Sox organization handles this article; if at all. I expect Williams and several players to release some quotes contrary to this if false. Nothing more damning to a journalist's credibility than White Sox officials and players insisting Carlos was a "team player." If no one bothers to address the contents of this story, well, then maybe someone had their hand in influencing Cowley. Someone needs to assemble damage control before Lee is given this article.

Yes but it is funny that the story comes out now, like it was leaked to the press..Why didn't we hear about this stuff during the season if this reporter knew about it before hand?

Leaked...? Cowley has a direct quote from Carlos.. and a comment from Mark. If it was leaked.. it was by Lee's peers, not the team.

And you're crazy if you think there aren't a million things reporters know about players but don't report them. Like my previous example of MJ cheating on his wife..

Yes but it is funny that the story comes out now, like it was leaked to the press..Why didn't we hear about this stuff during the season if this reporter knew about it before hand?

I've already given my opinion as to why this column was written.

Well if the stories about Cowley getting leaks from the Sox are true, he might not be their PR dept, but he is their media whore.

Mike.. I don't agree with the timing - or the need - but Cowley is well respected in the clubhouse, and the guys are very friendly with him. I have no doubt that he doesn't need to get information via a "leak"..

If this is true, and we have no reason to believe it is not, then why couldn't Cowley write about it when it happened? The timing on this is weak.  Its going to bring out the people with conspiracy theories, who will think the Sox put Cowley up to this to ease the pr hit they may take.

This has been talked about before. Nothing new about Carlos. You guys should read more. ;)

My Whole thing is I jsut find it funny that most sportswriters and fans don't like this trade and now this comes out.. hmmm to perfect of timing if you ask me.

It's been talked about before, but it's natural to bring up the issue AGAIN because the guy was just traded. The information is relevant at this juncture, thus an article about it. Some people think everything is a conspiracy theory.

It's been talked about before, but it's natural to bring up the issue AGAIN because the guy was just traded. The information is relevant at this juncture, thus an article about it. Some people think everything is a conspiracy theory.

The New World Order is behind it all.

wow im not surprised another chicago whitesox player that is good gets a bad rap here in chicago. Lee you were great for chicago whitesox and no I dont believe the article. I think everyone wants us to believe that because of players like magglio, and carlton fisk left on bad terms.

Mike.. I don't agree with the timing - or the need - but Cowley is well respected in the clubhouse, and the guys are very friendly with him. I have no doubt that he doesn't need to get information via a "leak"..

If he is respected, it makes it much easier for him to be in the postition to do this kind of stuff....

Meh, agree to disagree over this one. I just don't like it, and it makes me lose respect for the writer.

wow im not surprised another chicago whitesox player that is good gets a bad rap here in chicago. Lee you were great for chicago whitesox and no I dont believe the article. I think everyone wants us to believe that because of players like magglio, and carlton fisk left on bad terms.

The things with Ordonez and Fisk were between the club and the player. This was just a columnist - not a reporter, there is a distinct difference - expressing HIS opinions and talking about observation HE has made. No "spokesperson" for the Chicago White Sox is mentioned in the article, other than quotes by Williams made back in September.

Make sure you boo Mark for yappin his gums about Carlos.. :rolly

If he is respected, it makes it much easier for him to be in the postition to do this kind of stuff.... 

Meh, agree to disagree over this one.  I just don't like it, and it makes me lose respect for the writer.

Mike.. I don't disagree with you. I don't see the point to Cowley bringing it back up either.