Clement Article

KevHead0881

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry kids, but it just sounds like his agent trying to hike the price. Clement already knows where he's going, it's just a matter of getting the $$$ up. In terms of that last line, sure it sounds like he's hinting about the Sox, but if you're another team and you read that, you're probably gonna throw even more cash at him to try to chnge his mind.

KW better smarten up and get Perez....... while he still can.......maybe.

A couple of things on Matt Clement.

1) When he is on he is awesome when he is off......well, see Pirates game last year.

2) He finished weak this season and I beleive he didn't pitch very well in the playoffs the previous year.

3) He has an asthma condition that was brought up after one inning when he ran the bases then got absolutly pounded the next inning.....you know that may have been #1 and the reason for #2.

Well anyway I guess I am stating the feelings of everyone else when I say he is not worth more then $7M a year but we may not have a choice. This is why KW has his job and we get to sit at our worthless jobs and think about crap like this.....sorry not a good morning.

If not Clement, then Lowe/Perez/Millwood and AJ.

I am more content with either of these than getting Johnson as we would have a more complete team 1-25, which is what wins in the end.

Now an incomplete team and $6M in the pocket :puke

I definately think we are still in this. I follow the Cubs quite a bit ( 4 of 6 in my family are Cubs fans, the men know what they are doing in my family ) and I learned a little about Clement over the last few years. Clement seems to be one of the few stand up guys in baseball. He is a deeply religious guy who cares a lot about his family. Last year around trade deadline time he said he would be traded if it was for the good of his team, but would not prefer because he would not want his family to have to move. So when I read those quotes from the article in the paper, I wouldn't blow them completely off as simply an agent's maneuvering. I believe that some of them might have some true merit to them, coming from a good person.

A couple of things on Matt Clement.

1) When he is on he is awesome when he is off......well, see Pirates game last year.

2) He finished weak this season and I beleive he didn't pitch very well in the playoffs the previous year.

3) He has an asthma condition that was brought up after one inning when he ran the bases then got absolutly pounded the next inning.....you know that may have been #1 and the reason for #2.

Interesting points... I wonder if that means he could be a better pitcher in the AL because he doesn't have to bat or run the bases.

In all seriousness JR could show the charitable work the Sox do (the Cooper and Hickey thing is mind blowing.) To a person that Clement seems to be, this could be a big selling point.

Not to change this but these are the type of things that make the Sox a larger part of the community and is not written about as compared to the corporate giant. If Mark Prior was handing out toys for the CHA it would be a cover story, Mark Buerhle does it and the only way we know is because he will do an interview which is intent to try and get dirt on Lee an Foulke for WMVP.

When the cub does this I guarantee the guys are in town for the cub convention.

The charitable work of the White Sox is staggering and goes unnoticed because JR elects to do things this way.

And no, I am not a huge supporter of how they run things but I like many things they do.

I definately think we are still in this.  I follow the Cubs quite a bit ( 4 of 6 in my family are Cubs fans, the men know what they are doing in my family ) and I learned a little about Clement over the last few years.  Clement seems to be one of the few stand up guys in baseball.  He is a deeply religious guy who cares a lot about his family.  Last year around trade deadline time he said he would be traded if it was for the good of his team, but would not prefer because he would not want his family to have to move.  So when I read those quotes from the article in the paper, I wouldn't blow them completely off as simply an agent's maneuvering.  I believe that some of them might have some true merit to them, coming from a good person.

Sounds like a good guy to have on the club. Seems those are the type of players were looking for and have acquired.

In all seriousness JR could show the charitable work the Sox do (the Cooper and Hickey thing is mind blowing.)  To a person that Clement seems to be, this could be a big selling point.

Not to change this but these are the type of things that make the Sox a larger part of the community and is not written about as compared to the corporate giant.  If Mark Prior was handing out toys for the CHA it would be a cover story, Mark Buerhle does it and the only way we know is because he will do an interview which is intent to try and get dirt on Lee an Foulke for WMVP. 

When the cub does this I guarantee the guys are in town for the cub convention.

The charitable work of the White Sox is staggering and goes unnoticed because JR elects to do things this way.

And no, I am not a huge supporter of how they run things but I like many things they do.

I personally like to post and highlight the Sox charity work for many of the reasons you sited in your post. They do so much, and are so underappreciated. Many people can look no further than their local ballfields to see the effect that the Chicago White Sox have had in their community.

What good would the signing of Steve Kline. Yes he is a dominant left handed reliever. But our bullpen is already stacked and that role is already filled by Marte (not quite as good but still pretty damn impressive). I just feel the money it would take to sign Kline could be used elsewhere in finding another bat for the bench. I agree with Lima though, that would bring some great energy in and that guy cracks me up.

It's Lima Time!

Jose Lima so we can enough money to sign AJ, Steve Kline and Polanco

I'll take that. I still have a small hope for Clement, but Lima would be way better than throwing a pitcher to the lions every 5th day like last year. I don't know it the Sox could get all 4 of those guys. If the Sox do sign Kline, they could trade one of their other bullpen arms.

What good would the signing of Steve Kline.  Yes he is a dominant left handed reliever.  But our bullpen is already stacked and that role is already filled by Marte (not quite as good but still pretty damn impressive).  I just feel the money it would take to sign Kline could be used elsewhere in finding another bat for the bench.  I agree with Lima though, that would bring some great energy in and that guy cracks me up.

It's Lima Time!

I agree we don't need Kline, but I don't think he's better than Marte. I see a lot of Cardinal games and Kline seemed to blow up much more than Marte ever did/does. I also wonder about attitude problems from a guy who gave his manager the finger because he wasn't called into the game after warming up.