MVP Baseball 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
He was after the updates is what i'm saying.  I know when he was in the game.  I own it.

Right. So exactly what Tony said applies, he has to play a game in the majors to be in the game. He played some games before the updates, therefore he was available. Understand?

any idea why Kevin Millar hasnt been in the past 2 games?

is he not part of the MLBPA like bonds?

even so, they didnt have a 'fake' millar like they did bonds.

just wondering.

also...where do u go for these updates? i manually did all the updates last year, but a download would be alot better.

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
any idea why Kevin Millar hasnt been in the past 2 games?

is he not part of the MLBPA like bonds?

even so, they didnt have a 'fake' millar like they did bonds.

just wondering.

also...where do u go for these updates?  i manually did all the updates last year, but a download would be alot better.

I only have a Game Cube @ home (brother's decision). From what I understand, if you have an XBox or PS2, you can get on the internet w/ your system and there's updates available for downloading.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
I only have a Game Cube @ home (brother's decision).  From what I understand, if you have an XBox or PS2, you can get on the internet w/ your system and there's updates available for downloading.

I think it's only for PS2, I don't remember updates being available for Xbox this past year.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
I think it's only for PS2, I don't remember updates being available for Xbox this past year.

That's kind of weird. The updates have to be available if you have the computer version, don't they? I was thinking of maybe getting it for the computer this year since I don't have a system here, and I spend enough time on the computer as is.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
That's kind of weird.  The updates have to be available if you have the computer version, don't they?  I was thinking of maybe getting it for the computer this year since I don't have a system here, and I spend enough time on the computer as is.

If you had an awesome graphics card and a good controller, it may be worth it.

Otherwise, it's not gonna be that great in terms of game play.

I remember a lot of people on the EA forums complaining last season that the graphics were very choppy.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
That's kind of weird.  The updates have to be available if you have the computer version, don't they?  I was thinking of maybe getting it for the computer this year since I don't have a system here, and I spend enough time on the computer as is.

you may want to look into a thing called 'sharkport.'

you download stuff off the internet and transfer it to your memory card through this thing. I know it works for ps2, not sure about gamecube.

that's how people get the ncaa rosters for the ncaa games.

ps2rosters.com

I have a sharkport, it consists of a USB cable and cd's for both the PC and the PS2. It allows you to save games on your hard drive and then send them to memory cards in your ps2.

Sharkports are really hard to find and the ps2 disk is the old blue back type and only works with some systems. I have a new slim ps2 and the sharkport CD doesn't work on it.

Also, the website mentioned above, ps2rosters.com, has a lot of info on other options, including Gamebox rosters. I think with a Gamebox you can use something called an Action Replay, but I really don't know much about those.

Actually if you think about it. MLB branding will only have a certain effect because the MBLPA is a seperate situation that deals with the players so I'm not sure how that will come accross.

I mean the players association should be seperate with MLB so take two would have to make a deal with both parties or that would be my guess.

QUOTE(Tmar28 @ Feb 18, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
i hope thats true :pray

i would absolutely love if that was true.

MVP will own my soul for the next countless months. Why not get it started a week early?

I'm hoping so hard right now.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
For the guys that were around last year,

i just wanna get a rough estimate to see who would be interested in a ps2 online league this year again?

last year's fizzled out quickly, we'll have to try better this time around.

I might be interested.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 16, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
Anyone going to be playing on X-box live besides Jason and myself?

I'm definately going to be on live.

As far as the new release date, it could be true. I went to Gamestop today to reserve it and they said they do not have a set date yet (even though they said it was March 1st about a month ago). So that could be true. Im also very happy that its only 30$ :headbang