MVP Baseball 2005

Not much we can do about it. However, if they do have to do points again, I hope they can represent money a little better, like have it correspond correctly.

The new stuff sounds totally awesome though. But why can't they have an expansion mode? ASB has had it forever, but I'm not gonna play that just to get it. I want it to be in MVP. Player development should be cool, as should the Stadium Building. I can rebuild Comsikey! Err, US Cellular.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN Sports: What other additions have been made to gameplay?

Brent Nielson: Getting into a few of the finer details, we've added variable umpires this year. You can choose to play with this on or off and it will give you a different strike zone where some days you'll get a little more of the edge of the plate, and other times you won't. We've also added variable base umpires where guys might blow a close call at a base. It won't be perfect every single time. One of the coolest things is the ability to argue calls with your manager. By pressing a button, you actually control the level of intensity of the argument, so if there's a blown call you can run out there and there is a little bit of risk/reward to it. The reward is that you might fire your team up and get an attribute boost, but the risk is if you go too far, if you argue the call with a little too much intensity and your manager gets tossed from the game, you now don't have access to your roster moves. You're at the mercy of the CPU for making the roster moves and decisions. Not that the computer will make bad decisions, but you might like to bring in your closer at a certain point or the CPU could bring a setup man earlier than you like. It's taken out of your hands.

Brent Nielson: Getting into a few of the finer details, we've added variable umpires this year. You can choose to play with this on or off and it will give you a different strike zone where some days you'll get a little more of the edge of the plate, and other times you won't. We've also added variable base umpires where guys might blow a close call at a base. It won't be perfect every single time. One of the coolest things is the ability to argue calls with your manager. By pressing a button, you actually control the level of intensity of the argument, so if there's a blown call you can run out there and there is a little bit of risk/reward to it. The reward is that you might fire your team up and get an attribute boost, but the risk is if you go too far, if you argue the call with a little too much intensity and your manager gets tossed from the game, you now don't have access to your roster moves. You're at the mercy of the CPU for making the roster moves and decisions. Not that the computer will make bad decisions, but you might like to bring in your closer at a certain point or the CPU could bring a setup man earlier than you like. It's taken out of your hands.

Wow, that sounds real cool.

Brent Nielson: Getting into a few of the finer details, we've added variable umpires this year. You can choose to play with this on or off and it will give you a different strike zone where some days you'll get a little more of the edge of the plate, and other times you won't. We've also added variable base umpires where guys might blow a close call at a base. It won't be perfect every single time. One of the coolest things is the ability to argue calls with your manager. By pressing a button, you actually control the level of intensity of the argument, so if there's a blown call you can run out there and there is a little bit of risk/reward to it. The reward is that you might fire your team up and get an attribute boost, but the risk is if you go too far, if you argue the call with a little too much intensity and your manager gets tossed from the game, you now don't have access to your roster moves. You're at the mercy of the CPU for making the roster moves and decisions. Not that the computer will make bad decisions, but you might like to bring in your closer at a certain point or the CPU could bring a setup man earlier than you like. It's taken out of your hands

That could get annyoing, but it sounds pretty sweet right now.

Echo, echo, echo....... :rolly :lol: :P

Thanks for the link, Tony.

This made me sad:

IGN Sports: Can you move your franchise to a new city?

Brent Nielsen: We don't have an expansion mode or anything where you can move your franchise to a non-existing city. That's something we don't have in this year.

Why can't they add an Expansion mode? ASB has had it for years. It's an awesome mode to have. I had a blast doing it a few years ago in ASB. I gave Brooklyn a team again (the Brooklyn Fury), and made a big splash by signing Mike Mussina. I just had a blast with it. Oh well, he did say "this year", so maybe the 2006 edition will have it.

All in all, it still sounds pretty good.

There are a few things that EA needs to fix before I'm sold on this one:

1) The fans and the grass NEED to look much more realistic then they did last season. I wasn't happy with those specific graphics for the 50 bucks I payed for it.

2) I think the gameplay wasn't as realistic as it could have been. Some of the stuff just lokked like it was Slugfest or something. I mean the home-runs were totally annoying too. Maggs had I think 90 something.

3)The Franchise mode w/ the minors totally sucked and was poorly planned out.

4)Obviously the lefty glitch.

Probable White Sox in the game:

C- Burke

Davis

1B- Konerko

Gload

2B- Harris

Valdez

SS- Uribe

3B- Crede

LF- Podesednik

Escobar