Well how is 05 season looking

LDF

It was a "complete failure" despite the fact that KW has yet to spend the money he saved on the deal, and THE SEASON HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET?!?!?! :huh:

i don't know how you meant by that statement of yours, however here the time that the sox can really improve the team. with the majority of the talent that is called fa's, they will be gone by the new year begins.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know how you meant by that statement of yours, however here the time that the sox can really improve the team. with the majority of the talent that is called fa's, they will be gone by the new year begins.

You said "but trading Lee for Podsednick was a complete failure."

How so?

The season hasn't even played out yet, and KW hasn't used the money on somebody...yet.

If Pods has a .370 OBP plus 100+ SB, will it still be "a complete failure?" :huh:

Please tell me who he would you blow the money on??? He won't spend it he even quoted as saying he would wait till June/July to see how the team looks.

He didn't put it into that context. (You always f*** up quoting people out of context.)

If he doesn't get Perez, he'll spend the money on a catcher (A.J,) and another second baseman (Cora.) That's my gut feeling.

He didn't put it into that context. (You always f*** up quoting people out of context.)

If he doesn't get Perez, he'll spend the money on a catcher (A.J,) and another second baseman (Cora.)  That's my gut feeling.

How did I quote him out of context?

AJ &Cora..he going to cost 6 mil a year? :huh: :puke

They might have a shot to win the division, but, their is lots of gaps they need to figure out, if they did the Garland/Konerko for Vazquez trade, they still need a 5th starter. Something they have needed for a long time.... Ross Gload is not an every day first basemen, give him 250 at bats at most and he will do his part. Bullpen is decent. What we need is a shortstop. If we can get a decent shortstop such as Cabrera, I would be fine with that.

No way are we get closer than 10 GB at seasons end without one more starter. Its that simple. What would suck is that Cleveland would be the one to win the division after royally sucking ass the last couple of seasons. Just goes to show what a proper rebuilding job will do for you.

How did I quote him out of context? 

AJ &Cora..he going to cost 6 mil a year? :huh: :puke

I believe KW said something along the lines that "it gives us an opportunity to add players when June and July rolls around." He didn't say he wasn't going to add players right now.

You said that KW is saying he's not going to spend the money until July.

That's two different scenarios.

A.J made $3.5 million last season, and Cora made $1.3 million in 2004.

4 moves:

Konerko for Vazquez

Garland for Adrian Gonzalez (Texas is desperate for pitching)

Sign Odalis Perez

Sign AJ Pierzynski

Takes us to about 73 mil in payroll, fills the holes quite nicely

Rotation of Garcia, Buerhle, Vazquez, Perez, and Contreras

Your lineup:

CF Podsednik

LF Rowand

RF Dye

DH Everett/Thomas

SS Uribe

1B Gonzalez

C Pierzynski

3B Crede

2B Harris

Pitching would keep us afloat, gives us 2 months to figure out who among Crede, Uribe, and Harris can cut it and who can't. Have 2 mil room to work with.

I dont undestand why you all think we are going to finish 2nd or 3rd again. All Minny and Cleveland have done is gotten worse.

I dont know how they have gotten worse overall.

Minny's pitching is the same.

Koskie and Guzman are not going to change Minny from being a front runner. And remember Sox killer Joe Mays enters the rotation. So now they have 3 guys who have our number.

Cleveland hasnt dont anything good yet. They got rid of one sox killer, but their lineup is pretty deadly. I dont know if Rhodes is going to be the answer.

Pitching > Hitting

Gonzalez has yet to prove anything on the major league level, and his minor league stats don't impress me all that much.  Garland is gutless, but we need him.

42 ABs isn't much time to prove anything. Perhaps the fact he is 22 has something to do with that.

Hitting .310 with 11 HRs and 84 RBIs at Oklahoma last year isn't impressive?

Guess all of our prospects suck. Anderson couldn't sniff that at AA, much less AAA.

Don't need Garland if we have Vazquez and Perez.

Contreras sucked in NY too but we seem to think he's a competent #4.

Vazquez sucked less than Contreras did.

The only worry I have about Vazquez is that he pitched hurt in the 2nd half. No other explanation for his poor numbers after the break, his stuff is electric. Definitely would want a full examination, including a couple MRIs to be sure his arm isn't torn up.