Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
I just watched John Woo's "Hard Boiled" (1992).  Holy f***ing s***.

Great friggin' flick! MY fave of Woo's stuff though is Bullet In The Head. If you haven't seen that one yet, track it down.

I liked Hitch, and found James to be really good in it. He really needs more screen time, and it could have taken the film to a higher rank. But there is a good chemistry between Smith and James.

Got to see Wedding Crashers last week. Anybody else think we have just been given the next "great quote" movie? Not since Caddyshack have a I seen a movie with soooo many great quotes! I have also been getting REALLY sick of Vince Vaughn, as he plays teh exact same character in every film, but this time it seems like the writers knew he was their guy, and they tailored everything to fit him. By far the best thing he will probably ever be in, in the comedy style.

I'm still trying to figure out Fantastic 4. What the heck was that all about? Was the only real reason Doc Doom and the 4 fought over Sue??? That was all I could come up with.

I'm pretty sure after seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that Depp might just be one of the most versitile actors working today. He was always a personal fave, but this just sealed it for me. I was expecting to HATE him in it, as he was annoying in the commercials, but he actually worked out great in it, IMO. Not once did I picture him as any of his other roles. And before somebody else wanders along stating how he modeled the role after Jackson, please offer proof. I never saw him say that he did, and he is now on record as to insisting that he did NOT model it after him. He also wasn't doing a Manson impersonation. Manson was Burton's first choice.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 05:56 AM)
For the first time I saw the Shawshank Redemption the other night and Im guessing a lot of you have seen it but for those who havent... Id say you should see it for sure very very good movie.

That's the best movie ever made.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
Got to see Wedding Crashers last week. Anybody else think we have just been given the next "great quote" movie? Not since Caddyshack have a I seen a movie with soooo many great quotes! I have also been getting REALLY sick of Vince Vaughn, as he plays teh exact same character in every film, but this time it seems like the writers knew he was their guy, and they tailored everything to fit him. By far the best thing he will probably ever be in, in the comedy style.

It was my first Asian!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
Great friggin' flick! MY fave of Woo's stuff though is Bullet In The Head. If you haven't seen that one yet, track it down.

I liked Hitch, and found James to be really good in it. He really needs more screen time, and it could have taken the film to a higher rank. But there is a good chemistry between Smith and James.

I'm still trying to figure out Fantastic 4. What the heck was that all about? Was the only real reason Doc Doom and the 4 fought over Sue??? That was all I could come up with.

I'm pretty sure after seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that Depp might just be one of the most versitile actors working today. He was always a personal fave, but this just sealed it for me. I was expecting to HATE him in it, as he was annoying in the commercials, but he actually worked out great in it, IMO. Not once did I picture him as any of his other roles. And before somebody else wanders along stating how he modeled the role after Jackson, please offer proof. I never saw him say that he did, and he is now on record as to insisting that he did NOT model it after him. He also wasn't doing a Manson impersonation. Manson was Burton's first choice.

I really enjoyed hitch... i can't see how anyone wouldn't like it.

I have always wanted to just be able to beat the s*** out of vaughn with a nice blunt object. He is a disgrace to the movie industry outside of a couple movies.

Depp actually came up with his portrayal by watching reruns of captain kangaroo and other t.v. show hosts of that time.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
I've gotten halfway into 'The Machinist', is it worth finishing? I hope I won't be dissapointed. Is there a good twist coming?

I liked that movie. I do remember it being kind of slow. The last 20 mins or so is very good.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Uh ok, finished it last night, didn't really hold my interest.  Can someone PM me the explanation, lol.

It has a 'Memento' meets 'Fight Club' feel to it.

I think he is the way he is because of what he did.......It's a look at what something will do to a guy that was as serious as what he did......It made him extremely weak mentally and physically....but I think more mentally than physically. I loved it.....it was slow, but a meaningful movie nonetheless

speaking of Cristian Bale movies.....I just watched Equilibrium....and wow....very impressed with it. I rented it expecting it to be a B movie...but I was surprised. I loved it. Great action, story, and acting. I don't ever remember it being in theaters, and I would constantly walk by it at the movie store and shake my head cuz it just looked stupid. I'm glad I rented it now. Great movie...

Edited by TheBlackSox8

Also saw "Bad News Bears" today. The little things they changed from the original pissed me off and prevented me from liking it as a movie. I laughed a few times, but they changed too much.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
Saw a trailer for "Sound of Thunder". I read the short Ray Bradbury story in high school and liked it. Looking forward to it.

The best adaptation to that book was the Simpsons Treehouse of horror episode. One of the funniest simpsons ever.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 06:58 AM)
I have some serious doubts about this one coming anywhere close to the quality of the first.

They don't have to try very hard to make it better than the first. :ph34r:

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
In the Trailer's for The Dukes of Hazzard Jessica Simpson's southern accent sounds really fake--but isn't she actually from the South?

I am very confused.

Houston, I think, no?

I didn't even notice the accent, I was distracted. :wub: