Bulls vs. Portland Thread 12/20/2004

Brian

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good.:D

Gordon already has received an impressive endorsement. Former Bulls superstar Michael Jordan took a quick liking to him while playing with him at Hoops the Gym this summer and even invited Gordon to his house ''several times.''

Michael is a guy who pays attention to sports and had heard my name before,'' Gordon said. ''His wife [Juanita] works in real estate and she helped me find my new house. But when Michael and I met and started talking it was like we have known each other for a long time. He kind of took me under his wings, played with me, talked with me and showed me a lot of the little things on the court to make me better. It's a real good experience any time you play with the best player to ever play the game.''

It's still early in the season, but it is becoming increasingly clear that we had a damn good draft.  Speaking of which, I am going to have a damn good draft  :drink

I think we had the best draft of any team in the league. To have 3 rookies contributing the way these 3 are is very rare. Big ups to Paxson on a great draft. :headbang

I think we had the best draft of any team in the league.  To have 3 rookies contributing the way these 3 are is very rare.  Big ups to Paxson on a great draft. :headbang

Sensational draft. I do not think he could have really drafted any better. I mean come on, duhon had eight dimes tonight. He leads all rookies in the league in assists.

Sensational draft. I do not think he could have really drafted any better. I mean come on, duhon had eight dimes tonight. He leads all rookies in the league in assist.

Duhon has one of the best assist to turover ratio's in the league. I remember people saying he wouldn't even make the team. A second round steal at this point.

I didn’t see the Bulls game last night, but I sure am glad to see that they won. Also read on the newspaper that Michael Jordan was present and got a loud standing ovation when he appeared on the jumbotron before the start of the fourth quarter. :headbang

i think i read somewhere there were 19,000 some in attendence how does that compare to the avg of the league?

Bulls are 7th overall in home attendance at a little over 18K a night. They have a big advantage as they can have a huge SRO number at the UC. They could get to almost 25K during the Jordan era.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

I didn’t see the Bulls game last night, but I sure am glad to see that they won. Also read on the newspaper that Michael Jordan was present and got a loud standing ovation when he appeared on the jumbotron before the start of the fourth quarter.  :headbang

Jordan looked a wee bit tipsy last night. I thought he was gonna fall over twice. :lol:

Sensational draft. I do not think he could have really drafted any better. I mean come on, duhon had eight dimes tonight. He leads all rookies in the league in assists.

Add to it that he drafted Hinrich last year and Pax is developing a pretty good reputation on draft night.

Also want to mention that Deng is an absolute stud. I'm still wondering why it wasn't a bigger deal that we got him at #7 in the draft. He was the best player at Duke as a freshman for christ sake. He already looks like a damn good NBA'er and he's only 19.

Add to it that he drafted Hinrich last year and Pax is developing a pretty good reputation on draft night.

Also want to mention that Deng is an absolute stud.  I'm still wondering why it wasn't a bigger deal that we got him at #7 in the draft.  He was the best player at Duke as a freshman for christ sake.  He already looks like a damn good NBA'er and he's only 19.

Thee years from now if he ever can consistently knock down the three he will be a top five sf in the nba. His defense is vastly underated and his mid range game has really surprised me. He may not be the most athletic but he is always giving his all.