Bulls vs. Portland Thread 12/20/2004

Brian

deng appears to have the motivation, skill, and work ethis to be great.

let's hope it works out.

duke used him as a low post player (if i remember correctly).

scouting report was that he wasn't that athletic...wtf were the scouts seeing?

the guy is silky smooth.

let's not overlook gordon, who IMO is the best finisher we've had since MJ.

that kid finishes every drive.

too many times the past 6 years we've seen blown layups.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Add to it that he drafted Hinrich last year and Pax is developing a pretty good reputation on draft night.

Also want to mention that Deng is an absolute stud.  I'm still wondering why it wasn't a bigger deal that we got him at #7 in the draft.  He was the best player at Duke as a freshman for christ sake.  He already looks like a damn good NBA'er and he's only 19.

Everyone was all over Igudalas jock strap on draft night. It will be interesting to see who has the better career.

Everyone was all over Igudalas jock strap on draft night.  It will be interesting to see who has the better career.

He will be the better defender but deng will be the better scorer. He will be on the all defensive team this year. His perimeter defense is just ridiculously good.

Now if only he could hit a jumper.  :ph34r:

Him and Hinrich both. Hinrich has shocked me at the NBA level, both with his defensive ability, and his ball distribution. Unfortunately the one area I thought he would excell at, he has fallen flat. He misses so many open shots, it drives me nuts. Both Duhon and Hinrich need to have some Larry Bird practices where they do nothing but shoot 100's of shots from all over the floor.

No doubt about that.  His jumper is horrible.  I have confidence he will develop a decent one though.  Will have one hell of a back-up pg once he does that.

I see Duhon possibly becoming an Eric Snow type player. Good defense, decent at times offensively, and a solid role player.

I think Hinrich's jumper will come around. Even if he stays the way he is, he is still a solid defender and ball distributor. Gordon's offensive ability can offset Hinrich's poor shooting.