Ben Davis Re-signs

AddisonStSox

Except for the fact they did investigate on the Kendall situation and also Pierzynski.

It's clear he's willing to go with Davis and Burke but not completely satisfied ... and he shouldn't be.

Well lets hope he isnt willing to go with teeball stand by commitee at number 5.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The horror that awaits the CWS in 2005 is a 7-9 lineup that avg's about 700 OPS for the season. Not good. That's like giving away outs to the other team.

Right now Crede-Davis-Harris is worthy of s***-canning the season before it starts.

I'm not a big fan of AJ's either. But really anybody is better than Davis.

Zaun, Greene, or AJ. Just sign one of them. Please.

I disagree with most of you in think that are need for a utility player to primarily backup Harris is a must need. More important than a 3/4/5 SP. KW should be on the phone with Cairo's agent.

im gonna give ben the benefit of the doubt, this is his last year to prove himself, as well as a free agent year i believe. i look for him to hit .240+ if he gets 60% of the games, but if we get AJ, I wont complain, he will outproduce davis any day.

I don't understand all this Pierzynski love. Why is everyone around here so fascinated with this guy? He has now been traded from one and cut from another because he is an awful guy to have in the clubhouse. He is just an awful personality to have around the team. Second he is absoultely horrid defensively. He may hit for average, but that is about it. Ben Davis came over and hit .231 for the White Sox with 6 HRs, 16 RBIs, and 21 Runs Scored in 160 ABs. That is not bad if he provides very good defense, which he is capable of.

Just trying to say I would much rather take a chance on Ben Davis actually living up to his potential than having a cancer such as Pierzynski on this team.

AJ was traded by the Twins because of two things .... Mauer and money.

If that is what you want to believe. All reports are that Mauer will not be at catcher for long anymore due to his recent knee injyries. They are not making a push for Pierzynski and I dont think he will be costing too much to bring in. I believe there is more to it than just Mauer and money

If that is what you want to believe. All reports are that Mauer will not be at catcher for long anymore due to his recent knee injyries. They are not making a push for Pierzynski and I dont think he will be costing too much to bring in. I believe there is more to it than just Mauer and money

yep the twins forsaw the freak knee injury just games into Mauer ML career, but hated AJ so much because of his bad attitude that they shipped him out anyway.

What is your point? No one new he was gonna have the knee injuries he did. Like yasny said mauer and money. If mauer was not there they would still have pierz in my opinion.

When they traded AJ, they had every reason to believe Mauer would catch for years to come. As for money now, they are trying to lock up Santana to a multiyear deal, and rightly so.