AJ Pierzynski news

Southside hitmen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my dad has a theory about AJ's clubhouse problems....(think queer-zynski)

Why the hell would that cause clubhouse problems? AJ wants to redo the clubhouse in colors the rest of the team doesn't like?

No way....

Why the hell would that cause clubhouse problems? AJ wants to redo the clubhouse in colors the rest of the team doesn't like?

No way....

Why do you think that not one single active major league player has come out of the proverbial closet, ever? The answer is because it would cause clubhouse problems. It's a fact of life.

SSI71 .... That was a very good post. However, I am going to address some of your points. Not for the sake of arguement, but for discussion.

So am I skepticle as a life long sox fan of his motives behind our roster moves yes. I get sick and tired of seeing the happy no matter what society get all over people for expressing their concern.

"Expressing their concern" is indeed a very reasonable and normal thing to do as a fan of a major league baseball team. However, all the constant ranting, raving, b****ing and moaning while dropping vulgarities directed at people, and it's always the same people directing their venom towards the same targets, gets real old, redundant and repulsive.

But when you start playing the shuffle game to keep your payroll under a low amount even for this team it gets a bit silly. We are also not asking for JR to go broke, just reinvest earnings into the team to make the team better.

JR has consistently shown a willingness to reinvest the previous years profits into the current team's payroll. Steff has document this on numerous occasions. However, those facts and figures do not back up all the complaints, so the complainers choose to ignore them.

So far this offseason he traded a 300 hitter who had 30 homers for a reliever and a leadoff guy. His reasoning was to change the makeup of the team. This I buy and I like. And then to reinvest this money into a FA pitcher which JR himself said was the reason we lost the division last year. This from the chairman of the team. Well the first thing we see is that he enters into the FA market underbidding other teams. 3 years 7 mill for Clement wasnt going to get it done. There were already offers on the table for clement at that rate without the big boys entering the market. Yes it is more than he is worth, but its all about supply and demand. Now KW he talks about how we might not spend this money until July. Does this inspire good feelings for whitesox fans. Unless you have your head in the ground, no.

Yes, they underbid other teams for Clement. That's the way it goes. Teams place a value on a guy and try and get him for as close to that amount as possible. But, they also place a ceiling on the amount. If KW would have signed Clement and he produced Garlandesque numbers, the same people b****ing about not signing Clement would b**** that "KW was so f***ing stupid and now we have to pay this no talent piece of trash Clement for another 2 years". KW may hold on to the money till July if he thinks the return on his investment may be better serve by doing so. I don't think he's reached that decision yet, based on the El Duque rumors. It appears KW is still out trying to do what he can.

So if he goes into the ST with the team pretty much the same, with the 5th starter as Grilli , pocketing the savings and moving into the season with a 64 million dollar payroll then I ask you are you a happy camper. If you are I question your baseball know-how.

No, I want that starting rotation solidified. However, I can see where circumstances could make it in the best interests of the team to hold on to the money and wait.

If you dont like the people complaining dont read their posts. But dont question anyones loyalties to the team. These are people that dump a ton of money, and their love into this team. I go to spring training every single year, to soxfest, I watch about every single game, and I go to about 30 games a year. So if I complain about some of the moves on this team its my opinion. If you dont like it or like others opinions then express it or ignore it. There are lots of peoples opions on this board I dont agree with but I dont tell them to turn in their sox gear. Get a grip.

I'm glad you are such a good solid Sox fan. Great to hear that. Personally, I never question one's loyalty to the team though there are definitely some that do. However, there are some that b**** and moan so much that I wonder WHY they are still Sox fans. Stress kills, folks. A silly game is not worth all the anger and resentment.

SSI71 .... That was a very good post.  However, I am going to address some of your points.  Not for the sake of arguement, but for discussion.

"Expressing their concern" is indeed a very reasonable and normal thing to do as a fan of a major league baseball team.  However, all the constant ranting, raving, b****ing and moaning while dropping vulgarities directed at people, and it's always the same people directing their venom towards the same targets, gets real old, redundant and repulsive. 

JR has consistently shown a willingness to reinvest the previous years profits into the current team's payroll. Steff has document this on numerous occasions.  However, those facts and figures do not back up all the complaints, so the complainers choose to ignore them.

Yes, they underbid other teams for Clement.  That's the way it goes.  Teams place a value on a guy and try and get him for as close to that amount as possible.  But, they also place a ceiling on the amount.  If KW would have signed Clement and he produced Garlandesque numbers, the same people b****ing about not signing Clement would b**** that "KW was so f***ing stupid and now we have to pay this no talent piece of trash Clement for another 2 years".  KW may hold on to the money till July if he thinks the return on his investment may be better serve by doing so.  I don't think he's reached that decision yet, based on the El Duque rumors.  It appears KW is still out trying to do what he can. 

No, I want that starting rotation solidified.  However, I can see where circumstances could make it in the best interests of the team to hold on to the money and wait.

I'm glad you are such a good solid Sox fan.  Great to hear that.  Personally, I never question one's loyalty to the team though there are definitely some that do.  However, there are some that b**** and moan so much that I wonder WHY they are still Sox fans.  Stress kills, folks.  A silly game is not worth all the anger and resentment.

WOW. Outstanding post. One of the best in a long list of many for you. :cheers

SSI71 .... That was a very good post.  However, I am going to address some of your points.  Not for the sake of arguement, but for discussion.

"Expressing their concern" is indeed a very reasonable and normal thing to do as a fan of a major league baseball team.  However, all the constant ranting, raving, b****ing and moaning while dropping vulgarities directed at people, and it's always the same people directing their venom towards the same targets, gets real old, redundant and repulsive. 

JR has consistently shown a willingness to reinvest the previous years profits into the current team's payroll. Steff has document this on numerous occasions.  However, those facts and figures do not back up all the complaints, so the complainers choose to ignore them.

Yes, they underbid other teams for Clement.  That's the way it goes.  Teams place a value on a guy and try and get him for as close to that amount as possible.  But, they also place a ceiling on the amount.  If KW would have signed Clement and he produced Garlandesque numbers, the same people b****ing about not signing Clement would b**** that "KW was so f***ing stupid and now we have to pay this no talent piece of trash Clement for another 2 years".  KW may hold on to the money till July if he thinks the return on his investment may be better serve by doing so.  I don't think he's reached that decision yet, based on the El Duque rumors.  It appears KW is still out trying to do what he can. 

No, I want that starting rotation solidified.  However, I can see where circumstances could make it in the best interests of the team to hold on to the money and wait.

I'm glad you are such a good solid Sox fan.  Great to hear that.  Personally, I never question one's loyalty to the team though there are definitely some that do.  However, there are some that b**** and moan so much that I wonder WHY they are still Sox fans.  Stress kills, folks.  A silly game is not worth all the anger and resentment.

ssi71, I'm purposely didn't call anyone out by name for a reason. I'm just sick and tired of hearing all of the b****ing without looking at all of the sides. There are many, many reasons teams don't sign players, it isn't always money. Just look at Dye coming here. That was a handshake agreement. As a baseball fan, I enjoy when a team comes in, offers a contract that they feel is worthy of the player, and sticks with it. i apologize for calling out peoples loyalties, but c'mon, reading some of these posts where someone backtracks, that's just not right.

I'm all for people giving their opinions, in fact, I love reading what people have to say. If it is well written and well thought out. It's the flying off the handle posts that drive me nuts and wonder why they still like this team.

Thank you Yas for writing what I was thinking, but couldn't express because I was so angry.

ssi71, I'm purposely didn't call anyone out by name for a reason.  I'm just sick and tired of hearing all of the b****ing without looking at all of the sides.  There are many, many reasons teams don't sign players, it isn't always money.  Just look at Dye coming here.  That was a handshake agreement.  As a baseball fan, I enjoy when a team comes in, offers a contract that they feel is worthy of the player, and sticks with it.  i apologize for calling out peoples loyalties, but c'mon, reading some of these posts where someone backtracks, that's just not right. 

I'm all for people giving their opinions, in fact, I love reading what people have to say.  If it is well written and well thought out.  It's the flying off the handle posts that drive me nuts and wonder why they still like this team.

Thank you Yas for writing what I was thinking, but couldn't express because I was so angry.

The bill is in the mail. :lol: