Bruce Levine (guest host on Mariotti)

JDsDirtySox

Mariotti is absolutely correct.

How can anyone expect White Sox to pay Vazquez 13 million, yet pass offering 9 million to Clement?

New York needs to eat a large portion of Vazquez's contract for Williams to consider him an option.

I am fine with our staff if we get Duque.

Don't f***ing trade for Vazquez or Johnson.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mariotti is absolutely correct.

How can anyone expect White Sox to pay Vazquez 13 million, yet pass offering 9 million to Clement?

No way would any team in the league take on Vazquez and his $11.5 million salary unless they pretty much gave up nothing and had lots of payroll space.

Because it's going to cost at least 2 of Jon Garland, Damaso Marte or Paul Konerko and possibly Brian Anderson if its Randy Johnson.

Exactly, which isn't worth it.

No way to Johnson, it's just not worth it.

We wouldn't win the World Series if we got him anyhow.

The thing that Mariotti doesn't get is that a Vazquez deal won't happen unless the Sox can move salary (i.e. Garland, Marte etc.) and the Yankees (or some other team) eat some of Vazquez' salary.

The Clement deal would be a straight salary add, thus, given the Sox budget, could only be for so much.

In the end, my guess is if the Vasquez deal does get done, the net additional salary that the Sox will end up paying will roughly equal what they offered Clement.

If we trade for Vasquez and give up Garland think about that freakin rotation guys.

Buerhle

Garcia

Vasquez

Hernandez

Contreras

That my friends would absolutely shut down all AL Central teams and if we got a piddling of offense we would win the division easily.

Remember guys we play in coors east. A guy who would hit 5 home runs might hit 15 here.

If we trade for Vasquez and give up Garland think about that freakin rotation guys. 

Buerhle

Garcia

Vasquez

Hernandez

Contreras

That my friends would absolutely shut down all AL Central teams and if we got a piddling of offense we would win the division easily. 

Remember guys we play in coors east.  A guy who would hit 5 home runs might hit 15 here.

Considering 60% of that rotation was with the Yankees last year, and they couldn't win with a line up that is so superior to the line up the White Sox would field in 2005, I'm really not that impressed.

Buerhle

Garcia

Vasquez

Hernandez

Contreras

Remember guys we play in coors east.  A guy who would hit 5 home runs might hit 15 here.

That would be a very nice rotation, but it really depends on what else the Sox would have to give up for Vasquez. I'd hate to see Konerko, Marte, and Garland go.

These two guys do not get along that well ... Levine and Mariotti.

Levine is sticking it to Mariotti, and Mariotti is bluster bluster bluster.

It's good radio actually. Clearly Levine thinks Mariotti is a windsock and Mariotti thinks Levine is beneath him.

Mariotti is quickmans man crush. I would rather have a beer with Levine.

Considering 60% of that rotation was with the Yankees last year, and they couldn't win with a line up that is so superior to the line up the White Sox would field in 2005, I'm really not that impressed.

Yeah but even world beaters have a problem playing in New York becaue of the Pirahanna press that they have out there. Look at how ARod struggled to start the season. I look at the years before, plus we are competing in the AL Central and not against the Redsox all the time.

Mariotti: "I want Scott Bora$$ as my agent"

Levine: "I want an agent who will get me where I want to play. Look at A-Rod"  :lolhitting  :notworthy

Levine: "Tough to get a straight story from Boras".