The Un-Suspend AnthraxFan Thread

Wise Master Buehrle

He only broke a rule once, and that was calling me a dips***. He got suspended for it. He has not broken ANY rules after that. Sure, he's an asshole, but for the life of me I cannot FATHOM how people are letting some 15 year old kid get under their skin. Seriously. I think he provides some relief for this offseason. It's kind of funny reading 10 posts that say the same thing and agree with each other, and then we got Anthrax chiming in " WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING THIS GUY SUCKS".

Some people take the internet WAY too seriously.

Unless someone can provide me with the post that broke our whole one rule. If so, I will gladly shut up, but this is some bulls***.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its christmas-time... in the spirit of the season... an un-banning is totally called for

NOW... fetch me a fatted goose!

Also in the spirit of not letting AnthraxFan win by letting you get under your skin. He's a f***ing teenager, for chrissakes. How can he get under anyones skin? I, for one, like the fact that he's different. He's more entertaining than he is annoying. It's the internet, people, this we have to remember.

Also in the spirit of not letting AnthraxFan win by letting you get under your skin. He's a f***ing teenager, for chrissakes. How can he get under anyones skin? I, for one, like the fact that he's different. He's more entertaining than he is annoying. It's the internet, people, this we have to remember.

where is my goose?

Anthrax's suspension is underserving. It's not justifiable to hand out a suspension because of his constant bickering, which several (vocal) members have taken great offense to. It's obvious Anthrax dislikes Williams; every move he approves/ignores is highlighted and criticized. Apparently, several members have formed a 'coalition of the willing' to oust Anthrax.

I have no problems with members blatantly ganging up on Anthrax. Many of you dislike him, and for that I have no control. I simply believe his suspension is unjust. If we're suspending members due to their stupidity, propencity to argue, or objectiveness, this site will only be comprised of people with similar views. Anthrax is merely the Ying to Soxtalk's Yang. Wtihout anthrax posting his baseless Willaim's rants, the balance of the universe is tilted. You don't want that, do you? :D

As I see it, he's had plenty of occassions where he was reprimanded by moderators and admins to stop being confrontational and stop pushing peoples' buttons just to piss people off.  He didn't stop and is facing the consequences.

Apu, you're a great guy, but,

Respectfully disagree.

This guy, ever since he first got suspended a few months back, has been bullied on by tons of board members. A lot of his posts get snide remarks like "STFU" or "Why are you so stupid?" and stuff like that. WIth his status on the message board, I'd take the same defensive stance as him. He doesn't know anyone here, so why bother not giving their s*** back to them?

I don't agree with it. The stuff he says doesn't bother me, and he's my favorite poster. I read all of his post and he was attacked first before he even stated a ":dips***: " which was hardly. The only thing he does is thinks he's right about everything and everyone else is wrong b.s. but all in all, I don't have a problem with him.

There are several people on this board who are freinds in someway or another, and do nothing but talk to eachother in chatrooms, instant messages, and here on soxtalk.

Those who gang up, single out, "tattle," and contribute nothing but trying to "pwn" people are just as pathetic as most of you believe anthrax to be.

In my opinion, it is completely unjust to suspend anthrax. Just the other night another lurker was posting his thoughts, and an unidentified user called him out and basically said he knew nothing about the sport and was stupid to the point where he had to "tutor" him.

Thats bulls***. I lurked for quite sometime, not because I was afraid of these responses but because I had no need to say something and then have some jackass call me out and say s*** that frankly doesn't need to be said.

There are quite a few lurkers. Everytime I log on there are just as many people not signed in as there are those who are signed in. It's a problem that needs to be fixed, and it starts with not suspending anthrax.

There are several people on this board who are freinds in someway or another, and do nothing but talk to eachother in chatrooms, instant messages, and here on soxtalk.

Those who gang up, single out, "tattle," and contribute nothing but trying to "pwn" people are just as pathetic as most of you believe anthrax to be.

In my opinion, it is completely unjust to suspend anthrax.  Just the other night another lurker was posting his thoughts, and an unidentified user called him out and basically said he knew nothing about the sport and was stupid to the point where he had to "tutor" him.

Thats bulls***.  I lurked for quite sometime, not because I was afraid of these responses but because I had no need to say something and then have some jackass call me out and say s*** that frankly doesn't need to be said.

There are quite a few lurkers.  Everytime I log on there are just as many people not signed in as there are those who are signed in.  It's a problem that needs to be fixed, and it starts with not suspending anthrax.

:headbang :headbang

redandwhite :headbang :headbang :headbang

Thanks for taking my side on this even though we have had our share of scraps. :unsure:

:headbang  :headbang

redandwhite :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Thanks for taking my side on this even though we have had our share of scraps.  :unsure:

We have disageed plenty of times, but our scrap is only derived from one topic and one topic only. I have no problem with you, whatever has been thrown each of our ways, it's all in the "heat" of the argument. It happens.

To be honest, I really like you. Sexually. :wub:

We have disageed plenty of times, but our scrap is only derived from one topic and one topic only.  I have no problem with you, whatever has been thrown each of our ways, it's all in the "heat" of the argument.  It happens. 

To be honest, I really like you.  Sexually.  :wub:

Yup, just check out my sig and you'll get sneak peek :ph34r:

And that is an ignorant post If you have a problem with me, IM me and tell me straight up. No need to be a peddy little b**** and post it. You, I and several others know I can talk s*** about you, how you post and your red sox bias, but I won't do that. You are the same guy that agrees with me on certian topics (very little but some nonetheless) and the same guy who starter my b-day thread (once again thanx) so I won't say anything anymore to you even though we both know we don't get along. :cheers

please do. I'd like to hear.

I say "The Red Sox are World Series Champions," a true statement, and somehow I become bias.

:rolly

By the way...

soxace -- I don't get along with you, I think your ignorant, I don't think you know your ass from your elbow, but through all that I have seen hands down the best sig on soxtalk courtesy of you.  congratulations.

Well, we both know we don't get along and I don't like most of your "trying to get the last word in" posting eigher or your red sox bias but thats beside the point. We have agreed on some stuff and you started my B-day thread (thanx once again) Thanks for the props man.

EDIT: I read your post wrong so I deleted it. My bad.

I agree unban him. If some posters took offense to what ever he was saying it's stupid. Constant Bickering? Huh! Well Another Poster Stated his opinion on Sox brass and got Fried for it and it was an older poster. It's a Message board FOR OPINIONS, NOT TO SUCK ASS.

Sorry but it's true

If you were throwing a party, paying for the chips, dips, and beer and one guy was being a jerk, insulting some of your friends, and pissing on your floor, what would you do?

Most hosts would ask him to leave. Maybe some people at the party think he's funny and a great guy to have around. They can leave with him and throw their own party. Folks, it's a simple deal. Pull out your credit card like Jas did, buy some software and a hosting deal, and you can make up whatever rules you like. As a cuople people have said, it's just an internet board.

I have disagreed with some of the suspensions and bannings, I felt some were deserved that were not handed out. But bottom line, I defend the guys who are spending their money to keep this site going to make whatever the hell rules they want. This isn't free to run, it's free to you. Telling the host he's wrong isn't the way a guest should behave.

i chewed the guy out when he first joined...but then i got use to him. He was annoying as hell as a newbie...but then grew on me and i learned to take his opinion... I actually agreed with him the last couple of opinions he threw out there and he gave me props and replied nicely about it....even though i was a dick to him. Just when he starts to make sense and not act like an ass to people(even though others act like asses to him) he gets suspended.

I for one wouldn't mind him coming back.

If you were throwing a party, paying for the chips, dips, and beer and one guy was being a jerk, insulting some of your friends, and pissing on your floor, what would you do?

Most hosts would ask him to leave. Maybe some people at the party think he's funny and a great guy to have around. They can leave with him and throw their own party. Folks, it's a simple deal. Pull out your credit card like Jas did, buy some software and a hosting deal, and you can make up whatever rules you like. As a cuople people have said, it's just an internet board.

I have disagreed with some of the suspensions and bannings, I felt some were deserved that were not handed out. But bottom line, I defend the guys who are spending their money to keep this site going to make whatever the hell rules they want. This isn't free to run, it's free to you. Telling the host he's wrong isn't the way a guest should behave.

In Jas's defense, I was the one who made the decision and I was backed by several other admins and mods.

However, this is not a topic to discuss here in this thread as it is well-known that things like this are not to be discussed publicly here at the site.

I'd like to add that if you all have questions, PM the mods and/or admins for questions from here on out. We'll leave this open for now, but this is something that shouldn't be discussed out here anymore (as aboz said above)

I know that sometimes the things that are done aren't "popular", but usually there's a pretty good reason for it, you all should know this by now.

Kap

General Comment:

I would like to add that people who report objectionable posts, are not going to post why they thought a suspension is necessary. We do not ask them to, nor do I think it is a good idea. So these threads always seem one sided with the poster's buddies, those with higher tolerances, and those who have not read all the posts jump to his/her defense.

Please be assured that before any actions are taken that people have complained. If it is a singular post, and the mods or admins agree, it is deleted. If it is a pattern, the poster is warned in various manners. Interesting to me, the people who complain are typically not the ones being attacked.