Predictions Thread

ManSooLee

I think Vaz will start with the CWS. The LAD deal started to fall apart after William's said he's not sending Koney to the LAD. That was back when Vaz was going to cost 35M/3yr. The NYY were getting money in the deal & not spending it.

With Vaz' price dropping to 23M/3yr (what the CWS was offering Clement) I can see KW pulling the trigger. That's the reason why there is an option A & B on the table for AZ. They are now talking to other teams to help in that decision.

I'm lukewarm over it. I've always like Garland. I've always hoped that given the story of how the CWS got him it would always mean so much more if he were to have a breakout season with the CWS. But on the other hand, if you're a betting man than it's more likely Vaz will bounce back to being a K-out king in 2005 than it is for Garland to have a breakout season.

I see the way KW is looking at this: Garcia-Buehrle-Vazquez-El Duque-Contreras is

the best rotation in baseball. There's no question about that.

If he can secure that at bargain prices for 3 years then that gives the CWS 3 solid years to try & win a WS.

He's not going to deal Koney unless he can get homerun power back. So AZ would have to come up with something to get Koney. Maybe trade 41HR for say 25HR. I can see KW doing that. If AZ has a hard on for Green then getting Koney from the CWS might be the way to make that happen.

1st time poster, long time reader!

I don't think that the Sox will get Vazquez. That trade between NY and Arz is so complicated, it might never happen. Look at A-Rod to the BoSox last year, and Magglio, and Manny, and Normar, and such. It's hard to pull off a 3 team trade with so many big names and contracts.

I would be happy with Cora, but he is slow. THis guy from Japan does not interest me. Also, there is talks of Pierzynski again. Kenny needs to get one more bat, and solidify the middle IF. Willie might be decent someday (.280 or so), but he needs more time to develop.

i still dont see what people see in cora.... he isnt that good and isnt even a real upgrade over willie harris... his 1 highlight of the season was that 18 ab against clement...... now that japanese guy id like if we took a risk on him he would be an awesome number 2 hitter and puts rowand down to 3 where his power will be better

i still dont see what people see in cora.... he isnt that good and isnt even a real upgrade over willie harris... his 1 highlight of the season was that 18 ab against clement...... now that japanese guy id like if we took a risk on him he would be an awesome number 2 hitter and puts rowand down to 3 where his power will be better

Cora is nice but doesn't bring much that they don't already get from Harris. Versus lefties Cora hit .239 in 46 AB, Harris hit .181 in 72. An improvement but the AB shows you what Jim Tracy thought about using Cora against lefties, he played 35 year old Jose Hernandez ahead of him quite often.

Versus righties Cora hit .267 in 359 AB, Harris .279 in 357. Cora does bring a little more pop, hitting 10 HRs against 1 for Willie. I think Willie is better defensively, and has much better speed. On the whole Harris has a stronger upside, and will probably get more productive as he gains experience. At 29 with 7 years in the bigs I think we know Cora's ceiling.

What the Sox really need is a infielder to play against lefties. Cora has limited experience on the left side of the infield and his numbers are poor.

If ST opened today, Wilson Valdez is a much better fit for the team than Cora, he can take SS with Uribe can sliding over to 2nd on some days, and they don't lose any D.

The guy we are really looking for is Tony Graffanino, but Tony's are few and far between.