Levine Reports

AddisonStSox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

crede has appeared to be an automatic out a lot of times

Just a hunch, but I bet Crede hits over .250 next year.

FWIW, a good sign with Joe is that he is learning to take a walk. His walk totals have risen each of the years in his MLB career -- nonetheless, nothing dramatic -- but still a good sign.

I'm thinking about .260/.315 for Joe next year, with close to 25 dingers and 80 RBI's. I'm fairly confident that he'll put up these numbers next season, provided his offseason work has been good with Walker.

Offman reported on the Score that KW had "recanted" his 'AJ isn't a good fit' line, but that sources within the Sox had expressed concern about AJ. During the first update, Offman said the Sox were interested. During the 2nd, he said the Sox had now offered AJ a contract.

That AJ hasn't signed w/ anyone, leaves me to believe the Sox could get him if the offer isn't a joke.

Levine has been dead on the last couple of moves the Sox have made FWIW.

Dead is a suitable word to describe his recent reporting. :lol:

-December 21st, 11:30 PM: WSCR 670AM announces White Sox have reached a contract with Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez. ESPN 1000 is currently broadcasting Jim Rome. The local station has been off the air for nearly an hour and a half.

-December 22, 9:00 AM: Bruce Levine co-hosts w/ Jay Mariotti, yet fails to mention any White Sox interest in Hernandez. Waits until 10 AM to announce White Sox intentions of signing Hernandez. Sportscenter updates fail to give any indication of an imminent deal.

I still hold Levine as a more reputable baseball source, but it was funny waiting for him to mention news which had been reported nearly 12 hours earlier.

Dead is a suitable word to describe his recent reporting. :lol:

-December 21st, 11:30 PM: WSCR 670AM announces White Sox have reached a contract with Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez.  ESPN 1000 is currently broadcasting Jim Rome. The local station has been off the air for nearly an hour and a half.

-December 22, 9:00 AM: Bruce Levine co-hosts w/ Jay Mariotti, yet fails to mention any White Sox interest in Hernandez.  Waits until 10 AM to announce White Sox intentions of signing Hernandez. Sportscenter updates fail to give any indication of an imminent deal.

I still hold Levine as a more reputable baseball source, but it was funny waiting for him to mention news which had been reported nearly 12 hours earlier.

He was the only one who was right on the Carlos Lee stuff.

He also was the one who said the Sox hadn't been involved in the Randy Johnson stuff for quite a while, meantime other places were reporting the Sox as the 4th team.

He also broke the signing of Jermaine Dye before anyone else had as well...

Why is it that everyone says he is a bad clubhouse guy because of ONE single reporter's story about ONE incident? (article info is posted above) ? I have not seen any other bad info.

I agree, he was loved while with the twins. As stated before he is someone that you hate while he is not on your team but when he is you love him. I would take him in a heart beat. I just wish he could learn how to take some more walks. But beggers can't be choosers i guess.

Frickin Torre...god I hate that man...Buehrle maan...At least Francona will be the manager this year.  It's Buehrle's time...

Torre selected Loaiza so the Yankees could recruit him. They wanted him to come to NY as a free agent after '04. After he was traded there, they kind of changed their minds about him. Imagine that.

Why is it that everyone says he is a bad clubhouse guy because of ONE single reporter's story about ONE incident? (article info is posted above) ? I have not seen any other bad info.

I read an article, I believe last year, that talked about him not being popular with Twins players. I remember statements to the effect of "you have to get used to him" and he's not likable at first meeting. It also said this was his history all through the minors. The players interviewed begrudgingly said he was "O.K." Basically the article presented him as a dick. It gave the impression that he was, at the least very annoying. Who knows. As another poster said, the same things were said about Carl Everett.

yes another starter I dont trust Hernandez being healthy... If we can get Loaiza to pitch long relief like he did in the playoffs.

I  would trust Loaiza alot more than Adkins

Actually I wouldn't mind Loaiza as a cheap long man/Spot starter for the Sox. He could start when El Duque goes down if he does.

Actually I wouldn't mind Loaiza as a cheap long man/Spot starter for the Sox. He could start when El Duque goes down if he does.

Yeah, I just think in this market a pitcher like Loiza will be able to get guaranteed money somewhere. I think KW will have to scrap heap to find a guy like this, but he's proved he could do it in the past... Hermanson might be it...

I would like to see the Sox stretch out Cotts in spring training as a starter, basically set up six starters for the season, that way he would be ready in the beginning of the season to fill in, or if Garland lays an egg in spring training he can push him for a rotation spot...

....Steff I would expect some support from you on this!!!!