Levine Reports

AddisonStSox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a guess on my part but I think Loaiza will get some guaranteed money somewhere, probably a one year plus option deal.

I can't see him coming to the White Sox on a minor league contract, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sox bring in a few guys on minor league deals.

yes another starter I dont trust Hernandez being healthy... If we can get Loaiza to pitch long relief like he did in the playoffs.

I  would trust Loaiza alot more than Adkins

agreed 100%, I feel we are putting allot of faith in having hernandez as your #3 when he has pitched a total of 84 2/3 innings. But, in hindsight.. I would like to see what Diaz can do over more than 1 start then sent back -down to the majors.

Where do they get this crap from?

Williams said we're not going to sign him, and all of the sudden we have an offer on the table? :huh:

Both WSCR and Bruce Levine report we are back in the AJ hunt, so I think we can safely put some stock into it. Hell, WSCR even reported we offered a him a deal.

These are two "farily" credible baseball sources. They know a lot more than you or I.

Both WSCR and Bruce Levine report we are back in the AJ hunt, so I think we can safely put some stock into it.  Hell, WSCR even reported we offered a him a deal.

These are two "farily" credible baseball sources.  They know a lot more than you or I.

Bruce said the A-Rod to Boston deal was back on to.

I like Bruce, but this seems wrong to me. If it's right and we get AJ, I'll glady welcome him aboard, but this just strikes me as just lame speculation.

Bruce said the A-Rod to Boston deal was back on to.

I like Bruce, but this seems wrong to me. If it's right and we get AJ, I'll glady welcome him aboard, but this just strikes me as just lame speculation.

I see your point, definitely. It seems strange.

Things have a way of changing though. KW did come out and say Pierzynski wasn't a fit with the White Sox. We all assumed that meant Pierzynski's clubhouse issues.

Just speculating here, but maybe Pierzynski wanted certain guarantees about playing time, and KW wouldn't offer any guarantees because they like Ben Davis. I can see KW telling Pierzynski, "hey, no hard feelings but you're not a fit for us if you need those sorts of guarantees. Let's be in touch if something doesn't work out for you elsewhere."

It's possible Pierzynski wants back in the AL but doesn't want to play for certain teams, i.e. the Devil Rays. He may have shopped himself around, didn't find what he wanted, and is now knocking on the White Sox door again.

Maybe it's far fetched, but I do know scenarios like this happen.

Again, pure speculation on my part.

I see your point, definitely.  It seems strange.

Things have a way of changing though.  KW did come out and say Pierzynski wasn't a fit with the White Sox.  We all assumed that meant Pierzynski's clubhouse issues.

Just speculating here, but maybe Pierzynski wanted certain guarantees about playing time, and KW wouldn't offer any guarantees because they like Ben Davis.  I can see KW telling Pierzynski, "hey, no hard feelings but you're not a fit for us if you need those sorts of guarantees.  Let's be in touch if something doesn't work out for you elsewhere."

It's possible Pierzynski wants back in the AL but doesn't want to play for certain teams, i.e. the Devil Rays.  He may have shopped himself around, didn't find what he wanted, and is now knocking on the White Sox door again.

Maybe it's far fetched, but I do know scenarios like this happen.

Again, pure speculation on my part.

Sure, that's possible.

I think Kenny was talking clubhouse issues myself, I guess we shall see what shakes down.

If the Sox get both of those guys I would say this is a very successful offseason.....

Hell yeah it would be...

Look at this lineup -- not so intimidating with the boppers in the middle, but there isn't an easy out in this lineup (regardless of who hits where):

Podsednik

Rowand

Everett/Thomas

Konerko

Dye

Pierzynski

Uribe

Crede

Iguchi/Harris

I really like that lineup a lot, especially with our improved starting rotation and bullpen -- hell, give me one of the two (Iguchi or Pierz), and I'll be a happy person... :)

Yes, good point SS.

I reall think the last member of the 2005 off-season will be either AJP, Iguchi, Cora, or Cairo.

Take your pick.  It will be one of those 4...book it.

I can only hope KW isn't on the Cora bandwagon.

...then again you know Ozzie and his best friend Joey are in his ear...

Yes, good point SS.

I reall think the last member of the 2005 off-season will be either AJP, Iguchi, Cora, or Cairo.

Take your pick.  It will be one of those 4...book it.

Good point, Addy.

I'd rather have Cairo/Iguchi/Pierz than Cora (just too much like Harris), but I wouldn't be mad if they got Cora. I'd probably be happiest with Pierz, and I'd bow down to Kenny if he got us AJ and Cairo, but I doubt that happens.

Hell yeah it would be...

Look at this lineup -- not so intimidating with the boppers in the middle, but there isn't an easy out in this lineup (regardless of who hits where):

Podsednik

Rowand

Everett/Thomas

Konerko

Dye

Pierzynski

Uribe

Crede

Iguchi/Harris

I really like that lineup a lot, especially with our improved starting rotation and bullpen -- hell, give me one of the two (Iguchi or Pierz), and I'll be a happy person...  :)

crede has appeared to be an automatic out a lot of times

True. However, Ozzie isn't going to allow something like that to happen, he'll get in AJ's face if need be.

That's why I think I like the idea of getting AJ. I think Ozzie will control him and turn him around. If AJ says, give him chance then he'll be a good player to give a second chance to prove himself.