SS Juan Uribe

RF Jermaine Dye

DH Frank Thomas

1B Paul Konerko

CF Aaron Rowand

3B Joe Crede

C Ben Davis

2B Willie Harris

Not sure about having dye bat 3... I'd rather have rowand there. Thoughts? Granted this is pending no other aquisitions though I'm hoping we get Pierz

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
I think thoughts can be had in the other thread about this.........

ya know you're kind of a jerk. on your post to Duke about his posting an already posting topic you said check the first two pages. Well I'm not a newb, I did, didnt see it. So I posted it. Got a probelm?

lol, i dunno when i was reading duke's thread tony's reply about it being already posted struck me as kinda rude, then on mine its sort of the same way... im not the kind of person that usually gets ticked off by being frank, but being rude is different. Maybe I'm just being hyper sensitive but I did what he said to do, and didnt see it.

How about this lineup:

Spod

Iguci

Rowand

Frank

Pauly

Dye

Aj

Uribe

Crede

Ok, now back to reality :D

As of right now I'd like to see aaron in the 2 hole and Juan in the 6th spot. I still think the sox have another move or two in 'em, hopefully aj but I think it's going to be Cora but we'll see.......

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
Swap Rowand with Dye or Uribe most likely, unless Iguchi is signed.

I think Kenny knows if he can sign Iguchi it can really help transform the top of the order with Pods and Iguchi up front moving Rowand into a run producing spot, potentially the 3 hole.

Then if you can add Pyrzinski you can have him hit behind Konerko in the 6 slot with Dye down in the 7 slot. Obviously Dye wouldn't necessarily be pleased with it, but with all the bats that gives the Sox what I would call a pretty darn good lineup, imo.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
I still think the Sox have two more moves left in them before the regular season.  Two moves that will have an effect on the major league roster that is. 

I think we'll know where the Sox stand by the end of the week.

I agree we need two more moves, an infielder and a catcher. KW said he would like to have the lineup set by the first week of Jan. so probably by that time we'll know if AJ chooses us and whoever will battle with Harris at second. I believe KW wants to do this bcoz he wants to set the lineup before Soxfest.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
I think it's more likely Pierzynski would bat at #7 and Dye at #6, but hey that's just me. Dye could hit .280, 30 HR, 100 RBI's if healthy for a full season.

The reason I put Pyrz ahead of Dye is that it breaks up the monotomy of right handed bats. Then you have Crede and Uribe behind them in the lineup. God I'd like that lineup, especially if both Igutchi and Pods could put up .340 OBP's.

I'm not greedy, cause I'd just like that overall lineup. I'm hoping this is Kenny's plan and my belief is he has the finaces to do it, but I have mega doubts as to whether it will happen, simply because I've been wrong all offseason, lol.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 03:30 AM)
The reason I put Pyrz ahead of Dye is that it breaks up the monotomy of right handed bats.  Then you have Crede and Uribe behind them in the lineup.  God I'd like that lineup, especially if both Igutchi and Pods could put up .340 OBP's. 

I'm not greedy, cause I'd just like that overall lineup.  I'm hoping this is Kenny's plan and my belief is he has the finaces to do it, but I have mega doubts as to whether it will happen, simply because I've been wrong all offseason, lol.

I agree with everything you've said, Jason. That lineup has no holes in it. One might consider Joe Crede a hole, but I really doubt he's as bad as he was last season. It would also give you some outs in case Podsednik turns out to have a season like last year...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
I agree with everything you've said, Jason.  That lineup has no holes in it.  One might consider Joe Crede a hole, but I really doubt he's as bad as he was last season.  It would also give you some outs in case Podsednik turns out to have a season like last year...

Plus when you think about it as having Crede in the 8 hole, its not what I'd truly consider a hole. When you get 20 hr's and 60 or so RBI's from the 8 spot nothing to complain about. Then Uribe in the 9 hole is just sick.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
Plus when you think about it as having Crede in the 8 hole, its not what I'd truly consider a hole.  When you get 20 hr's and 60 or so RBI's from the 8 spot nothing to complain about.  Then Uribe in the 9 hole is just sick.

You young people always confuse me. In this case is 'sick' good or bad?

If Kenny brings in both Iguchi and AJP, I will sing his praises until 2006. OMG, OMG, OMG...the thought of aquiring those two is just...um....sexy.

2005 Opening-Day Darkhose Lineup

LF-Podsednik

2B-Iguchi

1B-Konerko

RF-Dye

DH-Jurassic

CF-Rowand

C-AJP

3B-Crede

SS-Uribe

:lolhitting :lolhitting I'm giddy.