From SportsLine's "Premium" service

FlaCWS

QUOTE(SoIL @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
I'm not seeing a plain quote button. I'm using Opera for a browser. Would that have anything to do with it?

Look on the bottom right. You should see a quote box and then a quote+ box that has a black outline around it. Click on the quote box. I think thats your issue. Hopefully there isn't a bug with opera.

If there is I'll go look up for a fix on it. I use mozilla and everything seems to work great with it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
Look on the bottom right. You should see a quote box and then a quote+ box that has a black outline around it.  Click on the quote box.  I think thats your issue.  Hopefully there isn't a bug with opera.

If there is I'll go look up for a fix on it.  I use mozilla and everything seems to work great with it.

I only see a quote plus box and then reply. I am using netscape so i am confused.

Look on the bottom right. You should see a quote box and then a quote+ box that has a black outline around it.  Click on the quote box.  I think thats your issue.  Hopefully there isn't a bug with opera.

If there is I'll go look up for a fix on it.  I use mozilla and everything seems to work great with it.

Mozilla Rules!

On a side note..

Orlando Caberea is in top form this offseason!! :D

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
I only see a quote plus box and then reply. I am using netscape so i am confused.

To the right of the quote plus box you should see one more that just says quote. At least thats what i see. Is everyone else seeing that and since your using netscape I don't think Browsers would have an effect cause Mozilla is essentially an open source version of netscape.

More of a reason to bring in a middle infielder.

Perhaps Kenny knew about this when showing interest in Iguchi and Cora.

I think its safe to say if Uribe has really bilmped-out like they said he has, we will be looking at either Cora or Iguchi in Black and Silver by spring training.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
Maybe Hydroxy cut and a atkins Diet?

Uribe has always been a tub of goo though, so by gaining more weight it doesn't make much of a difference...still putting on weight isn't good and Ozzie is strict on this sort of thing.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
I hope its not true and if it is I'm rather pissed that the Sox would of given him a contract knowing that.  I'd of pulled a Paxson and pretty much demanded my players to come into camp in shape.

I think there is no excuse for anything but coming into camp ready to play and in as good of shape as you can be in.

that did seem to look, look at curry he lost a lot of weight and is playing better

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
Uribe has always been a tub of goo though, so by gaining more weight it doesn't make much of a difference...still putting on weight isn't good and Ozzie is strict on this sort of thing.

40 pounds isn't that much of a difference? :unsure: I don't believe that he gained fourty pounds this quickly after signing the deal he did. But if he did he is a fat f*** now and konerko and thomas would have a chance in a race with him.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)

Tub of goo?

Uribe's a big guy, but he's by no means fat. If he were to stay as big as he was last year, that'd be fine by me. That's where a lot of his power comes from, too, I presume.

He's just gotta, like Jim said, drive past the McDonalds, and perhaps stop at the Subway. Ozzie better get that man a couple Southsider's, then he'll be in good shape... :lol:

It amazes me how professional athletes can allow themselves to be in anything but tip-top shape. They're paid to be able to perform at the highest level possible, yet so many allow themselves to gain weight in the off-season. It's just amazing. Guys like Shaquille O'Neal get paid MILLIONS to do one thing - play a sport. And staying in decent shape in the off-season seems to be asking too much.

It doesn't even have to do with what they eat. If they'd just work out, they could eat whatever they want and they wouldn't gain weight. And oh yes, it certainly is possible to gain 40 pounds in 3 months, for whoever it was who said it wasn't. If someone eats everything in sight and doesn't exercise at all, the weight comes on very quickly.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
We ought to take wagers to see which one comes to camp fatter: Everett or Uribe :ph34r:

Speaking of coming to camp fat, I saw Frank about 3 weeks ago at the Mirage hotel in Vegas (I do security there - I stood behind him and kept the looky-loos away while he played $2,000/hand blackjack :D), and he looked to be in pretty good shape. He was wearing kinda baggy clothing, but he didn't appear to be over weight at all really. He had his left ankle/foot in a cast, though, and was using an electric cart to get around. :crying

Hopefully he'll be ready come Spring Training because our offense vastly needs his presence. But, from what I saw, I dunno if that's going to happen. :unsure:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
I hope its not true and if it is I'm rather pissed that the Sox would of given him a contract knowing that.  I'd of pulled a Paxson and pretty much demanded my players to come into camp in shape.

I think there is no excuse for anything but coming into camp ready to play and in as good of shape as you can be in.

*cough*Carl and Juan*cough*

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 06:11 PM)
From what I heard from Harry Teinowitz last season during his show he said uribe had  areally cut stomach.....

I always thought Juan was a pretty muscular guy

To the point I thought he might be roiding. All this talk about him being fat is just rumor, has anyone seen him? Is he playing Winter Ball? I did a cursory look and couldn't find him.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
To the point I thought he might be roiding.  All this talk about him being fat is just rumor, has anyone seen him?  Is he playing Winter Ball?  I did a cursory look and couldn't find him.

I always kinda thought Juan was a canidate for some roid talk...

Me too.  But I think my quotes are getting in OK if I use the Quote Plus Box.

Bob

You dudes hi-jacked the thread! Let me try to help. Please pay attention!

If you use FAST REPLY then you REPLY without quoting any one.

If you use REPLY then you REPLY WITH QUOTING the post you are replying to.

The QUOTE button doesn't work as advertised so I wouldn't use it.

When +QUOTE it's suppose to include every post from every user that appears

in the post you are replying to. When -QUOTE it's suppose to ONLY include the last user that appears in the post you are replying to.

The +QUOTE doesn't work, the -QUOTE is the default so you just need to use REPLY.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What surpises me about this article is that there in no mention of Everett. If Gload is expected to back up Thomas at DH then what is Everett doing? The article seems to imply Everett will be traded but I don't buy that. Maybe KW has something in the works with WAN or TEX but I don't see that happening.