Looking ahead....

sox-r-us

What would you do at the trade deadline if, say, we do not get Iguchi, and we go with the roster we have now, and assume no injuries

I think we upgrade 2B at deadline, unless Harris is kicking ass this year

Or we upgrade 3B with a stop gap vet that can split time with Crede

Unless of course Crede gets his swing corrected and provides a huge lift this year

I know it is early but I love trade deadlines with "wheeling-but-flying-under-the-radar-Kenny"

Obviously I am assuming our BP plays strong, El Duque stays relatively healthy and we get a strong performance from our pitching in the first half as expected

Which 2B could we get at the deadline because they play on a team that will go nowhere and will be FA after the year?

And please NO ONE mention Robbie Alomar :headshake :puke

Joe Randa, there you go I've said it. A lot of people think around here think Crede can produce next season, or at least improve, I'm not one of them. He's a notorious slow satrter, and if he doesn't get off to a fast start, a stopgap solution will be found, and Josh Fields will take over in 2006.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
Joe Randa, there you go I've said it. A lot of people think around here think Crede can produce next season, or at least improve, I'm not one of them. He's a notorious slow satrter, and if he doesn't get off to a fast start, a stopgap solution will be found, and Josh Fields will take over in 2006.

I mentioned randa at the beginning of free agency and was told he is not that big of upgrade over crede. But i think for only two million dollars he was a much better option. I know everyone wants to give crede another year or two but i honestly do not think he is gonna succeed here.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 02:29 AM)
I think Crede will have a good year this year.  I know I'm in the minority with that opinion, but I just think he'll be fine.

What if he has another year like last year. What would you do with him?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
What if he has another year like last year. What would you do with him? I

A lot depends on how well the team is doing. If we are in contention despite a poor year from Crede, I'd try and bring in a stopgap guy. If this new team assembled by Kenny goes down the tubes, I wouldn't mind keeping him around to try and get him straightened out. He showed too much talent in the minors for him not to have the skills.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 02:59 AM)
I think the Giants could fall apart so I will go WAY out on a limb and predict that we enter the Jason Schmidt sweepstakes. Just a fun guess.

As long as bonds is healthy they will contend. If he goes down they will probally lose a hundred games.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 06:46 AM)
Me and CWSOX45 were talking about that at school yesturday. I really think Schmidt is going to be on the market come July.

I doubt it, like qwerty said as long as Bonds is healthy they're going to contend.

Assuming the Sox spend less then 2.5 mill on the utility infielder they sign then the Sox will have roughly 4 million in free room come the deadline and if the Sox are in it, I'm willing to bet JR would up that to 6-7. That may not sound like a lot, but when you consider the Sox would only be picking up the prorated portion, it would be enough to land two good players or one really good player.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
When is the trade deadline for the off-season?

Ummmmm, none.

Guys get traded to other teams during camp. Rick White was traded from the Dodgers to the Indians, and the Twins traded $1 to the Mariners for Terry Mulholland last year.