Come up with a Sox Trade

Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
My trade would be Konerko, Garland,Sweeney to Washington for Livan Hernandez and Jose Vidro

- No.  Someday you'll wake up & realize your a fan of a team that has to maximize price vs performance.  The 3 guys you are trading have been above average in that category.  Stop ignoring the cost.  There is a good chance that Koney will sign an extension for below avg cost.  The same can be said of Garland & Sweeney is your #1 OF prospect.  Both the guys you are trading for are NLers.  We all know what that means in quality.

Plus they would likely be rent-a-players. 

Damaso Marte, Jon Garland and Brian Anderson to Fla for AJ Burnett and Luis Castillo

- Again no thank you.  Both of those guys are likely rent-a-players.

So I'm giving up 2 yrs of Marte, & possibly 2 yrs of Garland & a solid OF prospect for 2 rent-a-players.  I'm not that desperate to win.

The Garland, Koney for Vazquez trade made sense because you had Vaz for 3 yrs.  Trading for rent-a-players while your team's payroll is already over 70M & over 60% is tied down in multi-year deals makes no sense.

At least for the CWS.

The SFG are looking for an OF.  We've got some to spare.

If Durham can be had for one of our bench players and one of our mid-level prospects then I say make that trade.  I would still consider Borchy a mid-level guy.

I'm 47 years old and don't remember seeing the Sox in the World Series. I'm that desparate to win. Just saying.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
Reading through this thread...I think I would like to trade some of you guys to a different message board for 2 clickable smilies to be named later.

Thank you for that enlightening post.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
Reading through this thread...I think I would like to trade some of you guys to a different message board for 2 clickable smilies to be named later.

oh i agree with you..

i wonder what i can get for you???

I'm open to a trade for Castillo but not at the cost of Marte.

You need to look at the contract for this two.

Castillo is an above avg NL 2B. Marte is one of the top LH setup men in the AL. Castillo will cost you betwen 10M/2yr or 16M/3yr. Marte will cost you betw 4M/2yr or 10M/4yr. Big difference. I'm keeping Marte. He's a proven AL guy. Castillo is still a hit or miss NLer.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)

Castillo is an above avg NL 2B.  Marte is one of the top LH setup men in the AL.  Castillo will cost you betwen 10M/2yr or 16M/3yr.  Marte will cost you betw 4M/2yr or 10M/4yr. Big difference.  I'm keeping Marte.  He's a proven AL guy.  Castillo is still a hit or miss NLer.

I agree. I would love to have Castillo on the Sox, but I am not willing to deal Marte until we have someone that could adequately fill in for him. I don't see anyone on our roster, or in the minors that could do for us what Marte does.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)

Castillo is an above avg NL 2B.  Marte is one of the top LH setup men in the AL.  Castillo will cost you betwen 10M/2yr or 16M/3yr.  Marte will cost you betw 4M/2yr or 10M/4yr. Big difference.  I'm keeping Marte.  He's a proven AL guy.  Castillo is still a hit or miss NLer.

1. if your were up to making a trade for marte, who would it be for

2. if you going to make a trade for castillo, who would you give up??

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
Marte, Garland, Harris, and a PTBNL for Burnett and Castillo

OR

Garland, Harris, Borchard for Soriano and a PTBNL

Marte, Garland and Harris is not enough to land you Burnett and Castillo and replacing marte with borchard, I'm pretty sure won't get you Soriano. Just remember Garland is not respected, Borchard has s*** of value and Harris is bad.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
Another trade I would make would be

Konerko, Garland, Rowand and Sweeney to Texas  for

Alfonso Soriano

Mark Teixeira

Micheal Young

While your at it, trade Podsednik to the Mets for Beltran, with the Mets paying all of Beltran's salary, as well as throwing a PTBNL who turns out to be Pedro, and they pay his salary too.

Then, in a stunning developement, Adkins is traded to LA for Gagne.

Randy Johnson backs out of the contract extension with the Yanks, and comes to Chicago for Jose Contreras.

Oh yeah -- and Barry Bonds, Albert Pujols, Miguel Tejada, and Scott Rolen all quit their respective teams and join the Sox, and are paid through hot dogs and peanuts.

:)

QUOTE(LDF @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)

At this point I don't see how we can trade Marte. I am not saying he is Koufax, but we have no one to fill that Lefy spot in our pen. Cotts... No, Munoz...No, who else then? I don't want to weaken the pen to address another need.

As far as aquiring Castillo, if the Marlins are seriously considering moving him to free up salary, then they don't want salary back. With that being said, I would need to look at the Marlins organization closely to see what they would want or need. I am sure they would love to have Marte, but I wonder what else they could live with.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
While your at it, trade Podsednik to the Mets for Beltran, with the Mets paying all of Beltran's salary, as well as throwing a PTBNL who turns out to be Pedro, and they pay his salary too.

Then, in a stunning developement,  Adkins is traded to LA for Gagne.

Randy Johnson backs out of the contract extension with the Yanks, and comes to Chicago for Jose Contreras.

Oh yeah -- and Barry Bonds, Albert Pujols, Miguel Tejada, and Scott Rolen all quit their respective teams and join the Sox, and are paid through hot dogs and peanuts.

What do they get to wash down the hot dogs and peanuts?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)

Then, in a stunning developement,  Adkins is traded to LA for Gagne.

I think those are all fair deals. :D

1. I think the better question is what is my asking price for Marte?

My asking price is a RP w 70+ ip, a 3.5 era, < 700 ops vs. or

Castillo + 4M.

2. Vizcaino + Harris + mid-level prospect. I think we can get a replacement for Vizc.

I'm not convinced he's going to do well in the AL. The FLM are tradiing Castillo primarily to purge salary so I think that's a reasonable price.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
Damaso Marte and Willie Harris for Luis Castillo

The only reason Willie is including in this trade is that he can't play SS or 3B so he's worthless to us on the bench...

This one minus Willie.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
1. I think the better question is what is my asking price for Marte?

My asking price is a RP w 70+ ip, a 3.5 era,

Castillo + 4M. 

2.  Vizcaino + Harris + mid-level prospect.  I think we can get a replacement for Vizc.

I'm not convinced he's going to do well in the AL.  The FLM are tradiing Castillo primarily to purge salary so I think that's a reasonable price.

I agree with alot of what you say. Looking at the numbers, Vizcaino did very well against lefties last year, so I guess he could fill in if we lost Marte, but if I had the choice I would just assume keeping Damaso here.

Trades

Pauly to Baltimore for Melvin Mora and Tejada With Baltimore picking up all salraies

Crede and Dye to Seattle for Ichro and reed

Willie Harris and PTBNL for Mark Loretta and Jake Peavy

Joe B and Cotts to St Louis for Pujouis and Mulder the cards picking up their salary

Carl Everett to the Rockies for Todd Helton

Jose Contreas to the cubs for Proir

Ben Davis and Galrand to Cleveland for Victor Martinez

Spod and Munoz to the ANgels for Vladdy and F-rod

Just think of the lineup

CF Ichro

2b Loretta

3b Mora

1b Pujouis

RF Vladdy

DH Helton

SS Tejada

LF Rowand

C Martinez

SP marky B

SP Garcia

SP Peavey

SP Mulder

SP Prior

I think me might have a shot at the WS..