Mie Homtoun

greasywheels121

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article/0,28...-5-2172,00.html

:lolhitting

Well, hey, dont blame my stupidity on me. Blame it on the people I had to live with. My hometown is the dumbest city in America, acording to Men's Health. And yes, Men's Health has so much credibility.

Unless you're trying to run an Internet scam, life is easier when you can avoid dummies. Which means the residents of Fort Wayne, Indiana, face a challenge: That's the town that ranks last in our measures of intelligence. (Dan Quayle grew up just outside Fort Wayne. Coincidence?) Indiana's second-largest city can't be completely lacking in smarts, though--the NBA started there.

We based our rankings on the number of bachelor's degrees per capita, the number of universities, inhabitants' SAT scores, state creativity scores as assessed by Catalytix and the Richard Florida Creativity Group, and the number of Nobel Prize winners for physics and medicine born within the towns' borders.

When our crew of brains finished crunching the numbers, Minneapolis came out as the nation's valedictorian. Boston and Denver also sit at the head of the class (continued below...) 

Your City's Grade

1. Minneapolis, MN A+

2. Boston, MA A+

3. Denver, CO A+

4. St. Paul, MN A+

5. Seattle, WA A+

6. San Francisco, CA A+

7. Madison, WI A

8. San Diego, CA A

9. Colorado Springs, CO A-

10. Portland, OR A-

101. Fort Wayne, IN F

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
Good thing I moved to Austin...I'm feel better amongst my people.  Either just a smidge above average or people who don't apply ourselves enough for an A.

haha yeah... I thought we moved from Chicago to Houston for my dads job.. Turned out they just needed to get me where I belonged :ph34r:

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
haha yeah... I thought we moved from Chicago to Houston for my dads job.. Turned out they just needed to get me where I belonged  :ph34r:

That's how I ended up in the Houston area for a few years as a kid. Damn I miss it down there.... If only they had Chicago's financial markets down there, I would move in a heartbeat.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
If I knew the difference I might be smarter than I am now.

Chicago has a federal reserve bank, two futures exchanges, two stock exchanges, a stock futures exchange, an insurance exchange, and an options exchange. Dallas has... well Dallas has the Kennedy Mueseum.

QUOTE(Soxguy @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
Did anyone click the link for best and worst cities for men???

Here's an interesting tidbit lol

The Limpest Cities

1. Chicago, IL

2. Washington, DC

3. Atlanta, GA

4. Detroit, MI

5. Houston, TX

Just for the record...I get Men's Health and I remember reading in that article that the data they used to judge the "limpest cities" was based on reported cases or diagnosed problems. They made a slight side-note in regards to the fact that Chicago may simply have more men to admit it or to seek help...partially due to those certain ads by Da Coach.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
That's how I ended up in the Houston area for a few years as a kid.  Damn I miss it down there.... If only they had Chicago's financial markets down there, I would move in a heartbeat.

Well everything is cheaper down here..

Costs 5.50 to go to the movies.. compared to the $10 I had to pay when I was up visiting family

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
Did anyone click on the other link about traffic?

Chicago is 2nd worst, no surprise there.

Atlanta a D+? Of all the places I've been Atlanta and Los Angeles have the worse traffic. Chicago has gotten really bad the last twenty years or so, but the above mentioned are worse I think.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
Chicago has a federal reserve bank, two futures exchanges, two stock exchanges, a stock futures exchange, an insurance exchange, and an options exchange.  Dallas has... well Dallas has the Kennedy Mueseum.

3 stock exchanges. Arca is here as well.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article/0,28...-5-2172,00.html

:lolhitting

Well, hey, dont blame my stupidity on me.  Blame it on the people I had to live with. My hometown is the dumbest city in America, acording to Men's Health. And yes, Men's Health has so much credibility.

Hmm, I went to Fort Wayne a years ago and did leave the town feelin a bit lackadaisical.....interesting :bang

QUOTE(OfficerKarkovice @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
Just for the record...I get Men's Health and I remember reading in that article that the data they used to judge the "limpest cities" was based on reported cases or diagnosed problems.  They made a slight side-note in regards to the fact that Chicago may simply have more men to admit it or to seek help...partially due to those certain ads by Da Coach.

Yeah and chicago is the 3rd biggest city in the US... of course there are gonna be alot of limp dicks. :lol: