Illinois/Wisconson predictions

Man of steel,

Yeah Id call it panic when people like Head are drinving the line throwing behind the back passes out of bounds.

You want to live in your delusional world where Illinois was at all times in command, go ahead.

Personally it matters very little to me that we lost our streak and that we lost to Illinois.

Streaks are made to be broken, and I would rather that they learned from this loss, and became a better team, than won and thought highly of themselves.

Anyways have fun, Id hope your athletic program atleast was better than Wisconsin at 1 sport.

:)

Wisconsin is a football school, Illinois is a basketball one. The fact that Wisconsin's program is even remotely competitive is enough for me, let alone the fact that we our finally getting national press.

Give us a few years.

Whitesoxfan99,

Illinois may be the best Big 10 team in years.

There back court is far more talented than any I have seen in a while.

And that is why last night was a bitter game, it was not Williams, Head, and Brown that brought Illinois back from the depths, it was that Ingram guy.

But that is the difference between good teams that we have faced and great teams.

The great teams find a way to win.

SB

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
Isnt that basically saying Illinois is unbeatable??

Why would they ever go into a game and NOT want to beat someone?  :huh:

Of course Illinois is beatable, so is BC and Duke. What I meant is the Illini know they can go into hostile environments, when most people think they will lose and come away with a win. Confidence. It's all confidence. Except for diehard Illini fans, i would guess that most press and people who aren't as familiar with the Big Ten had Wisconsin winning.

Illinois learned not to panic, not to rely on one or two or three players, and that they can win anytime, anywhere. Not saying they will, but that they can.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
1)  UW should have won.

Instead of just saying "UW shoulda won" how bout you actually give a reason for that... Illinois was leading at the half, so its not like Wisconsin dominated the game and then lost it in the final minutes... Im interested to hear your reasoning because I dont think youve got any

James Augustine, who was limited by foul trouble to four minutes in the first half, made two free throws with 4:11 left and Jack Ingram did the same at 3:39, putting the Illini ahead for good, 65-64.

Illinois was up by 1 with 3:39 left at Wisconsins home court... if they SHOULD have won they would have done it, but they couldnt, and not because they "choked" which they didnt, but because Illinois is a far better team..

a choke would be what michigan state did at Wiscy.... uhhh, 8 pt lead with 10 minutes left though... get real

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
If Illinois is up 8 at home with 10 minutes left, you would not consider it a game they "should" have won?

lol

Its amusing to see all of the Illini fans come out of the wood work, but at the same time I hope that all of you do not believe the hype...

SB

Please just shutup already. Come out of the woodwork? Should have won? Don't buy the hype? Why don't you worry about your badgers.

Sour grapes at this point. Just give it up.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
Man of steel,

Yeah Id call it panic when people like Head are drinving the line throwing behind the back passes out of bounds.

You want to live in your delusional world where Illinois was at all times in command, go ahead.

nah didnt say they were at all times in command, but for most of the game, yes they were in command..

Whenever Wisconsin went on a little streak Illinois was right there to answer it, your little 8 point lead with 10 minutes left is just ridiculous... 8 points can be shaven down to 2 within LESS than a minute

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
Please just shutup already. Come out of the woodwork? Should have won? Don't buy the hype? Why don't you worry about your badgers.

Sour grapes at this point. Just give it up.

:notworthy

See Badger, im not the only one ;)

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
Instead of just saying "UW shoulda won" how bout you actually give a reason for that... Illinois was leading at the half, so its not like Wisconsin dominated the game and then lost it in the final minutes... Im interested to hear your reasoning because I dont think youve got any

UW was leading by 8 with 10 to go just like Badgers said. The most UofI was down this whole season was 9 to my Boilermakers, but we totally suck. UW has major talent. You have your opponents down by one point less than a season high halfway through the second half on your home court....you have to put that game away.

Your second sentence is almost fact. You're right about UW not dominating. But they were leading and did lose it in the final minutes. They should have won.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
UW was leading by 8 with 10 to go just like Badgers said.  The most UofI was down this whole season was 9 to my Boilermakers, but we totally suck.  UW has major talent.  You have your opponents down by one point less than a season high halfway through the second half on your home court....you have to put that game away. 

Your second sentence is almost fact.  You're right about UW not dominating.  But they were leading and did lose it in the final minutes.  They should have won.

Im sorry but 8 point lead with 10 minutes left is nothing that cant be over come..

UW does not have major talent, and have nowhere near the talent that Illinois has..

and Illinois was up one with 3:39 left, I wouldnt exactly call that the end of the game..

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
UW was leading by 8 with 10 to go just like Badgers said.  The most UofI was down this whole season was 9 to my Boilermakers, but we totally suck.  UW has major talent.  You have your opponents down by one point less than a season high halfway through the second half on your home court....you have to put that game away. 

Your second sentence is almost fact.  You're right about UW not dominating.  But they were leading and did lose it in the final minutes.  They should have won.

8 points is not a f***ing mountain in college basketball people...ESPECIALLY when you are playing the #1 team...with TEN MINUTES LEFT.

Now, was i worried at that point? Yes, a bit. I knew we'd either come back or it was gonna completely, completely get away from us. But i wasn't like "oh man, wisconsin should totally win this game, they practically have it in the bag"

Seriously, just give it up, you lost.

Football, Hockey, Track...

Um I guess Illinois is better at Baseball, but we do not even have a team...

Come on, atleast be reasonable with your biases.

UW Hockey >>>>>> Illinois Hockey

UW Football >>>>>>> Illinois Football

UW Basketball = Illinois

The only people talking out of their ass are:

IlliniKrush and Man of Steel

Everyone else seems to see a similar thing.

But come on, tell me how in the last 5 years Illinois has even closely held a candle to Wisconsin sports.

Prior to last year Wisconsin had tied for Big 10 basketball championship 3 years in a row, has done consistently better in football (ranked in top 25), and always has a pretty good hockey team.

Im sorry, but I dont have time for people who have absolutely no idea about college sports and think that the world revolves around the University that they support.

To all other U of I fans, I know your not as arrogant and simple minded as IlliniKrush and Man of Steel (both of whom I have no idea if they even have attended U of I), but I have really nothing negative to say about your team. You guys earned that win, and it should be a major accomplishment.

But when people just start talking like fools, I will put them back in their place.

Good luck, hopefully you are undefeated when we see you in Assembly because I think we would relish the chance to return the favor.

SB

In the last 5 years I believe that Wisconsin has a better or equal record.

I know they were Big 10 Champs 3 in a row, went to the final four, and won the Big 10 Championship all in the last 5-6 years.

Illinois is today a better program, and at the end of this season will probably make Illinois a better program.

But as of right now I would say that with Weber at Illinois and Ryan at Wisconsin, a recruit would look at the programs evenly.

I mean I was going to stay that Illinois had a better program, but by that point I was so tired of hearing other people get to boast so much and trying to say neutral that I said "screw it" let them bring me facts to suggest Illinois has done better.

:)

He Gawn,

How am I whining?

Not once have I said that we got screwed or that Illinois did not win.

All I have said is that Wisconsin has to be pissed at itself, that seems like the exact opposite of whining, blaming your own team/players.

::shrugs::

(EDIT)

I believe he gawn is referring to the fact that Illinois fans have said, the Illinois wont lose another game, that they won the Big 10 because they will not have 2 losses, that it will be impossible for another team to win the Big 10 because the Illini will not lose 2 games, how they will not lose another game at Assembly Hall, etc etc.

May not be the exact quote, but it gets the point across.

SB

Actually Illinois has a much better regular season record than I thought.

Just most of their losses came to Big 10 opponents.

Also Wisconsin only won back to back, and one was a tie with Illinois.

Not that many Mens basketball sights with archives, but Purdue actually does have the standings.

So I will admit that Illinois has a better basketball program.

SB

This was on CSN's site....

The University of Iowa men's basketball program has been selected as No. 40 among the top 100 college basketball programs of all time. The recognition comes from Street and Smith's Specialty Publications in its latest publication, "Greatest College Basketball Programs of All Time."

The Hawkeye program is one of eight Big Ten Conference programs to be recognized, as Indiana (#6), Ohio State (12), Michigan State (25), Michigan (26), Illinois (27), Purdue (30) and Wisconsin (55) are also featured in the publication.

The top 100 programs were selected from 309 programs which were eligible for consideration.

The 160-page commemorative keepsake is available on newsstands nationwide beginning Tuesday, Jan. 25, for $6.99. The publication can also be purchased directly from Street & Smith's at www.specialpubs.com/100Greatest or by phone at 1-800-380-7404.