spring training

credescrew24

im sure everyone is waiting 4 the countdown to the start of spring training like i am and this past weekend tickets went on sale. i picked up tickets for the 1st weekend series of march vs. the dbacks and was just seeing if anyone from the board was going 2 be down in tucson on those days...march 5&6th i believe the days are....well if anyone is planing on going let me know...maybe we could meet up or something.... and 4 anyone think'n of going ...GO!! if u can get the chance ive gone the last 2yrs, this being my 3rd.... and every year is seems to get better...and now w/ all the "new blood" thats on the sox u get to see exactly what they can do 1st hand in an awsome kick back atmosphere w/ the players... :headbang

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
What are the perks of being at a Spring Training game versus a regular season game?  Are the players more accessible for autographs and such?

yeah the players are pretty much just walkn by constantly from field to field during thier work outs and they stop and sign autographs and talk to you.....as far as the game...its nice @ TEP cause the field is like a mini stadium and everyseat is great, u get to see the starters play about 1/2 the game then they bring in all the other members from the 40 man roster and the non roster invites so u get to check out the future of our ball club like last year jeremy reed was fun to watch...to bad hes gone now but im lookn 4ward to seeing BMac

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
The only sprirng training game I'm going to is in Milwaukee.  That should be pretty sweet, too.

I'm going to try to make one of those games in Milwaukee, since I'm still on spring break by then.

Really cheap..nice seats...seeing the sox. I'm excited. :)

I'm pissed I can't go this year because my high school baseball season starts over spring break and we have to stay home. Last year I went over spring break and it was fricking awesome. If you are debating as to go or not, please go. You will love it. I met a lot of locals who were Sox fans and the weather kicked ass.

Hell ya I'll be going. I think this will be about my 8th year out there. Its a total blast. Not sure when I'm going but it will be within the first three weeks of spring training.

I'll end up catching two Sox games and two other games while staying in the Phoenix area. If anyone hasn't been and can go, go, its probably the thing I look forward to most every year.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
Hell ya I'll be going.  I think this will be about my 8th year out there.  Its a total blast.  Not sure when I'm going but it will be within the first three weeks of spring training. 

I'll end up catching two Sox games and two other games while staying in the Phoenix area.  If anyone hasn't been and can go, go, its probably the thing I look forward to most every year.

We are staying up in Scottdale.

We are going to the Mariners vs. Sox game on Easter sunday. Peoria is a cool stadium to watch a game. I caught the sox against the padres up there last year.

Last year was the first year I saw white sox spring training logo stuff up the phoenix area. Hopefully there is more this year.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
The only sprirng training game I'm going to is in Milwaukee.  That should be pretty sweet, too.

I just bought my tickets for April 2nd. Section 125 Row 1.

I was just out in AZ for work, so I doubt I'll make it back out there for ST

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
We are staying up in Scottdale. 

We are going to the Mariners vs. Sox game on Easter sunday. Peoria is a cool stadium to watch a game.  I caught the sox against the padres up there last year. 

Last year was the first year I saw white sox spring training logo stuff up the phoenix area.  Hopefully there is more this year.

Ya Perioa is one of the stadiums I really like going to. Usually we head there on a Sunday cause its on our drive back to SoCal. Good food, nice atmosphere. But I think I can say that about pretty much every staidum there. HiCorbett (Rockies), Phoenix Municipal (Oaklands) and HoHoKam (Cubs) are the only facilities I don't really like. I think I dislike the Cubs facility mainly because of the fans, lol.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
I think he meant April 2nd since the Sox are not in Milwaukee March 20th either.  :lolhitting

That makes the most sense cause aren't tickets to those games like 15 bucks for anywhere pretty much.

You making it out to Arizona Steff?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
That makes the most sense cause aren't tickets to those games like 15 bucks for anywhere pretty much. 

You making it out to Arizona Steff?

Not likely. I have to work some OT to pay off a little bar tab.. :ph34r:

:lolhitting

This will be the second year in a row I've missed.. :crying But I have so much going on over the next 2 months and I'm planning a wedding for May also...

I am planning on meeting you guys on the minor league tour though.. ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
Not likely. I have to work some OT to pay off a little bar tab..  :ph34r:

:lolhitting

This will be the second year in a row I've missed..  :crying  But I have so much going on over the next 2 months and I'm planning a wedding for May also...

Lol, I don't think I'll ever see a bar tab that big again, well at least not till next year :lol:

And that minor league tour is gonna be a major blast then. North Carolina better watch out, cause it won't be the same after were all there (take note steff, for once I used the right there) :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Lol, I don't think I'll ever see a bar tab that big again, well at least not till next year  :lol:

And that minor league tour is gonna be a major blast then.  North Carolina better watch out, cause it won't be the same after were all there (take note steff, for once I used the right there)  :cheers

LMAO!! Good Job!!

Carolina has great strip... errrr.. bars. ;) Jim might want to sneak in on it. :ph34r:

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
Peoria is a cool stadium to watch a game.

I'll say...since I live about 5 or 10 minutes from there and play summer and fall league games there too. I personally like it best...Surprise isn't bad if you know the back way into instead of the clusterf*** Bell Road way. And Maryvale (Brewers) is good too...cause not many people go that often. It's all good though....best time of the year out here!

If anybody's interested...I could probably steer ya to some pretty decent places for night time entertainment.