Rumor: Sox & Dodgers talking trade

Winnin Ugly

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How would this make sense, we'd have 6 starters.

Maybe if Gooch is going to play SS, moving Uribe to 3B and putting Willie at 2B.

Still wouldn't understand having 6 starters though, unless we can pawn off Garland on another team and get a 3B in return.

TJ Simers is a dumb old owl anyhow, I was thrilled when they got him away from Around the Horn and got Plaschke in there, who is at least tolerable.

:sleep

The Dodgers already made an offer to the Japanese player, the Sox are confident in Crede for this season, Weaver will make more than $9 million, the Dodgers gave Jose Valentin(e) $3.5 million so they aren't going to let him rot on the bench, the Sox are already looking for a backup shortstop so why would they like to create another hole by getting rid of their everyday first baseman, and why the hell would the Sox want yet another (expensive) starting pitcher?

:huh:

bulls***.jpg

This is a nonsensical trade idea. Crede has much upside to him and is a solid glove at 3B. We move Uribe to 3B and have no real established infield back up, which is where I see the Sox need being. Valdez is not the answer. Plus Crede has a lot of potential with the bat. Weaver becomes a 6th starter. Why think of trading Garland anyway? Jon has had beter long term credentials than Weaver. Jeff finally came around some last season, but Garland has been consistent with double digit wins. There is no upgrade there at all if this trade is made.

Do we believe Fields is ready for the MLB next year? I am willing to let Crede go after this year...BUT we have some good use for him now. I think we have a good lineup right now, and we do not need to make any other moves...We do not need another SP, unless we move Weaver to BP. Incase one of our starters have a bad start in a game, he can give us some long relief. Enough is enough... and I say let's walk away winners instead of ruining this off-season.

This could play out a million different ways -- but, my guess is the Eric Hinske would be part of this team soon after a Crede trade. Iguchi will play 2B and Uribe has to stay at SS if only because we have no other options. I for one still believe we need starting pitching. If this somehow helped us to land Vazquez for Garland/Contreras and others -- we could have the makings of one heck of a staff.

Vazquez-Garcia-Buehrle-Weaver-El Duque

Pods-Iguchi-Dye-Konerko-Everett-Rowand-AJ-Hinske-Uribe

Well I'm a Weaver fan but I don't see this type of move happening unless the Dodgers pick up a heck of a lot of payroll because of Weaver's contract. However, that being said, I wouldn't mind having another pitcher of Weaver's caliber on the southside.

I'd have to think it would be part of a bigger deal though and I don't a chance in hell of it happening. Another team would have to be involved.

The White Sox have been rumored to like Hinske for some time. I have not read about it recently, but with them landing Hillenbrand they really don't need him. Weaver was also a guy KW wanted. We all know how he can get attached to certain players (need I mention Alomar and Everett). I havn't looked up the numbers, but I thought Weaver was a ground ball pitcher (at least when with Detroit). All in all I think this is all premature -- but if there is even a little truth to the idea I am happy because it means that KW (like me) is not fully satisfied with the bottom of the rotation. Contreras-El Duque-Garland

I don't believe any of it except that the Dodgers are looking for a 3b. Big deal. I don't even know who TJ whats his name is, but this makes very little sense, maybe two years from now when Fields is ready but not now. In addition, the sox would have to add payroll which KW had to ask JR to increase twice to get Iguchi. Some of these radio guys are just stupid. Even if the dodgers picked up half the 9 million, KW would need to get 4 million more approved for this year then find a 3b to boot. Lets be smart about this, would the sox be willing to go to 80 million for jeff Weaver? makes no sense other than the dodgers like crede. So what, so do other teams and in two years the Sox will trade him.

This could be Boras stirring the pot as well.

Crede and Weaver are both Boras clients. Let's also remember the White Sox originally drafted Weaver and they did not get him signed, negotiations were acrimonious.

Lastly, I have a hard time envisioning the White Sox going out of their way to trade for a Boras client.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)

Crede and Weaver are both Boras clients.  Let's also remember the White Sox originally drafted Weaver and they did not get him signed, negotiations were acrimonious.

Lastly, I have a hard time envisioning the White Sox going out of their way to trade for a Boras client.

Trading for a bOras client and negotiating with one are two different thigns. Eitherway it makes no sense as I have posted. I think TJ needs to simmer down. i crack myself up :lol:

I'd be very surprised if there's another trade which displaces any of the Sox starting nine or any of the top 8-9 pitchers. I think they will go to war with these guys and see where things stand mid May.

The only imminent move is bringing in the SS backup. That might not get done until 4/1, and if Ozuna or Valdez are lights out in Tucson, they may just go in that direction.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)

Crede and Weaver are both Boras clients.  Let's also remember the White Sox originally drafted Weaver and they did not get him signed, negotiations were acrimonious.

how many times has kw and jr has said that they will not get any of boras players.

the only player left is crede.

i highly doubt this is true.

No way this happens. I would like to upgrade our 3B situation at trade deadline if Crede sucks again, but I am willing to see what he does in the first half of the season. Obviously we have no replacement either for him (unless we create another hole at SS by moving Uribe there)