MLB.tv

MinnesotaSoxFan

QUOTE(FGarcia34 @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
I thought about doing that MLB.tv thing last year while I was at the Univ of Iowa, but I decided to go with the cheaper alternative and go with the Gameday Audio deal which is 14.95.  It's a good alternative if you dont want to spend 80 bucks.

The streaming quality was not good enough for me. I also went with the Gameday Audio. The only time I had a really clear picture was when the pitcher or hitter were not moving. Otherwise it was kind of blurry. Very hard to follow the flight of the ball. I am not a PC whiz, but I think you need certain minimum requirements, or the quality is lacking. :huh

I wouldn't buy it for $80. Wait until the last weeks of the season, when you get it for something ike $15. It then allows you to watch all postseason play, as well as all MLB games from the 2005 and 2004 seasons whenever you want.

I personally liked it. You should have at least Cable internet though if you're going to watch it to get the streaming down. I connected the computer to the TV so I basically had Extra Innings package. I personally liked it and am going to get it again this year. This is especially good if you're somewhere else and still want to watch a game as most people have broadband connections these days.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
I wouldn't buy it for $80.  Wait until the last weeks of the season, when you get it for something ike $15.  It then allows you to watch all postseason play, as well as all MLB games from the 2005 and 2004 seasons whenever you want.

Isn't all of postseason play televised anyway? On a sidenote, I'm with boz, extra innings is way badass and way worth it. At least for you out of towners and every cable network offers it or should.

i've had it for the past 2 seasons, and in my mind its no doubt worth it. it decent quality if you have a decent computer and high speed hook up. its not like watching the games on TV, but its a damn good alternative, id recommend it over the radio

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
Isn't all of postseason play televised anyway?  On a sidenote, I'm with boz, extra innings is way badass and way worth it.  At least for you out of towners and every cable network offers it or should.

Yeah, the way I wrote that, it seems like some playoff games are restricted. But I like it because it's nice to watch and re-watch postseason games.

does anyone know if the spring trainning games covered on Comcast Chicago will be included in the xtra innings package or would u have to have that channel as well ...cause by having the regular channel it cuts off during the game time if u dont have xtra innings during the regular season....

QUOTE(credescrew24 @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
does anyone know if the spring trainning games covered on Comcast Chicago will be included in the xtra innings package or would u have to have that channel as well ...cause by having the regular channel it cuts off during the game time if u dont have xtra innings during the regular season....

I really doubt they will have ST games on extra innings.

QUOTE(credescrew24 @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)

I dont' think xtra innings starts till opening day. I know XM will televise the spring training games but I think thats the only way for us out of towners.