Who's going to the sox-brewers games?

smalls2598

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
I am going, don't know where the seats are but going and also checking out Wisconsin-Madison for college.  That will be fun.

HELL YEAH!!! GO BADGERS!!! Once you come to Madison you won't be able to leave! Check out State St. check out down on Lakeshore, go walking on the lake. Come back to campus though when its warm and everythings alive. Than you will truly see how great the neighbor to the north is. And we are the #1 college sports town in America!

Edited by KWs OK for Me

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 08:25 AM)
I'll be at both.

Fri section 117 I think.  Sat. section 125 Row 1.

Staying at the Hyatt Regency

I've heard that Hyatt is terrible. Taht the noise from the street is very loud.. :huh:

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
I'll be at Saturday's game.

Anyone know of a good music venue in Milwaukee.   Not a sports bar or hole in the wall tavern.   More along the lines of a bar that has live bands, more underground 'indie rock' kinda stuff.

Anyone?

The only club I know of in MIL is the Eagles Ballroom/The Rave.

Two clubs in the same building, one smaller capacity, the other obviously larger.

They host a lot of metal/alternative/emo/punk stuff.

Last time I was there was for the Wildhearts, opening for the Darkness.

The same night they had Ben Kweller ( I think that's his name ) in the Rave.

Not sure of the proximity to the ballpark, though.

Edited to add that so far the only show listed for April 2nd is Dark Star Orchestra, an 8pm show. I didn't check ticket prices, sorry.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
The only club I know of in MIL is the Eagles Ballroom/The Rave.

Two clubs in the same building, one smaller capacity, the other obviously larger.

They host a lot of metal/alternative/emo/punk stuff.

Last time I was there was for the Wildhearts, opening for the Darkness.

The same night they had Ben Kweller ( I think that's his name ) in the Rave.

Not sure of the proximity to the ballpark, though.

Edited to add that so far the only show listed for April 2nd is Dark Star Orchestra, an 8pm show. I didn't check ticket prices, sorry.

I've spent a lot of time up there and the Rave is the only place I ever went to for shows. http://www.therave.com/calendar.asp

Looks like Dark Star is playing on the 2nd. They are a Greatful Dead coverband. Last time I saw them they did an encore that consisted of the entire Dark Side of the Moon album by Pink Floyd.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
I've spent a lot of time up there and the Rave is the only place I ever went to for shows.  http://www.therave.com/calendar.asp

Looks like Dark Star is playing on the 2nd.  They are a Greatful Dead coverband.  Last time I saw them they did an encore that consisted of the entire Dark Side of the Moon album by Pink Floyd.

Dark Star is better than the Dead are now. Ive seen them three times in the last year, one of my friends is cousins with one of the drummers. They rock. Went backstage once, funny experience.

OMG, I'm sorry you guys, but I'd rather punch myself in the face 600 times than watch a Grateful Dead/Pink Floyd cover band.

Two of my least favorite bands ever......I honestly can't find ONE song I like between the two groups.

If you go, have a great time, I mean that sincerely. But I would NEVER.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
OMG, I'm sorry you guys, but I'd rather punch myself in the face 600 times than watch a Grateful Dead/Pink Floyd cover band.

Two of my least favorite bands ever......I honestly can't find ONE song I like between the two groups.

Out of curiousity who do you like than?

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 12:38 PM)
Out of curiousity who do you like than?

recent favorites include:

The Wildhearts

The Methadones

Face To Face

Rise Against

The Riverboat Gamblers

Superchrist

All time favorites include:

Motorhead

Ramones

Sex Pistols

Metallica until and including ...And Justice For All

Suicidal Tendencies

The Angels ( known in the US as Angel City )

...so you can see where the Grateful Dead would hold no appeal to me. Just not my kind of music whatsoever

...and no, 2K5, you must've seen someone at the ABBA concert who LOOKED like me.....but it wasn't me. :D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)

I doubt I'm going, enjoy the punches though. :P