Rockies @ White Sox Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawk, while not mentioning Manuel, is still giving him shots about the make up of the roster when Ozzie took over. I like the Hawk a lot, but he needs to stop with the subtle and not so subtle Manuel bashing. If Manuel was responsible for the Sox roster, then there is a problem with the way this organization is put together. I'll be first in line saying JM had to go, and it probably was 2 years too late when he did, but the man was a class act, and doesn't deserve the Marriotti- like hatchet job Hawk has been doing on him since his firing. Hawk never seemed to have a problem with the roster until Manuel was gone.

Edited by Dick Allen

only if Joe Borchard could play 3B  :ph34r:

The only backup 3rd baseman we have on our roster is Uribe. Jamie Burke can play a little 3B but he will likely be at Charlotte. I don't see how adding Ozuna would interfere with that since Uribe is are only backup option at 3B.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
El Duque looks really good. Hitting his spots.

He looks ALOT better after his first inning of work. His fastball seems like it is just under 90, along with sharp break and movement on his offspeed stuff.

On a side note, Jeff Francsis has looked solid, but not all world like he has been advertised. He has pitched from behind a decent amount, and guys have been getting good swings on him.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
Hawk, while not mentioning Manuel, is still giving him shots about the make up of the roster when Ozzie took over. I like the Hawk a lot, but he needs to stop with the subtle and not so subtle Manuel bashing. If Manuel was responsible for the Sox roster, then there is a problem with the way this organization is put together. I'll be first in line saying JM had to go, and it probably was 2 years too late when he did, but the man was a class act, and doesn't deserve the Marriotti- like hatchet job Hawk has been doing on him since his firing. Hawk never seemed to have a problem with the roster until Manuel was gone.

That's because Hawk is a company guy, he doesn't talk bad about anyone until they are gone.