Borchard to Nationals?

Jabroni

USA Today sports weekly says the Giants have been looking at  Borchard all spring (seriously. Maybe because he's a stanford guy.)

With Bonds out, he's just the solution.

Maybe they could give us another Lorenzo Barcelo or Felix Diaz. We love their AAAA right-handers.

Yep, there are a couple blurbs at USATODAY.com:

Bob Nightengale's THE BUZZ 3/23 column...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/bbw/columni...-hearings_x.htm

The Giants have shown interest in White Sox outfielder Joe Borchard.
White Sox rookie Brandon McCarthy has torn up the Cactus League and could be called up by May.
Scouts are raving about White Sox rookie outfielder Ryan Sweeney.

What's the RF foul line distance at SBC Park? 309 feet? Maybe the Giants think that Borchard would be able to knock out a bunch of homers down that line while batting lefty. :huh:

Edited by Jabroni

I hope he hits a couple bombs tomorrow and further tricks the Giants into thinking that he's good. Maybe then we could get a good prospect for him. :lol: With guys like Brian Anderson and Ryan Sweeney who will be ready soon, we don't need to hang on to Borchard any longer to find out if he is truly or a bust or not.

Edited by Jabroni

The Giants seem to have some good pitching depth, a lot of guys just outside their rotation and bullpen, but they've got some good scrappers in the AAA lineup as well, which could give the Sox some possible trade options there.

Of course if KW lied and said JB was in his 40's, Sabean would be all over him.

The Giants seem to have some good pitching depth, a lot of guys just outside their rotation and bullpen, but they've got some good scrappers in the AAA lineup as well, which could give the Sox some possible trade options there.

Of course if KW lied and said JB was in his 40's, Sabean would be all over him.

It would be nice to get Merkin Valdez for Borchard. :lol:

Edited by Jabroni

I don't take much consideration into what Hawk says because he never rips any Sox player.

Amen.

Ala the reason why I as well as numerous sox fans i know of mute the television and listen to the radio when they watch games. It's a shame we won't get stone. How about a Steve Stone/Robin Ventura broadcasts. Thatd be fun even though thered be no play by play guy :D