Bulls vs Hawks Game Thread

Eddy returns as well. With 9 points in the 1st quarter.

This is a healthy bulls club. THey have some nagging injuries but hopefully they'll get nearer to 100% and like spiff said in some thread, no team is 100% at this point in the NBA season. You just got to play through it.

Bulls are up by 9 with 5:50 left in the 2nd quarter. Bulls are looking good offensively and shockingly have committed only a few turnovers thus far.

Curry was just put in and he had 9 points in the 1st quarter (pretty much right as the quarter started).

And oh yes the Magic aren't going to make the playoffs, I'm a realist, I can see that, and I'm quite happy with it. I'd prefer a lottery pick to a 1st round exit anyways against Shaq and Wade. So the Bulls should have a playoff spot pretty locked up, especially with their April Schedule.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Nice game tonight.  It always helps when you're playing the Hawks.  Curry was dominant.  It was great to see Deng back.

Ekezie blows... but it was not a bad game for curry for once.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
lol i still believe earlier in the season when you were going about how much better Orlando was than the bulls  :D.....i think you guys might of still had a chance b4 that trade of yours...

I still believe talent wise the Magic have some better players. But right now they're just not playing well as a team, especially defensively. And even now, I don't mind the Christie trade. Mobley wasn't going to resign here anyways, plus now it'll be easier to move Steve Francis, probably to Denver for Andre Miller and Nene, and Christie's deal is up at the end of next season along with Kelvin Cato and Tony Battie. That's about $20 million in salaries right there, making the Magic a real player in FA for the likes of Yao Ming and Amare Stoudemire.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
Ekezie blows... but it was not a bad game for curry for once.

The Bogut watch has begun....... unless they're stoo-pid and take Chris Paul instead. (Trade for Francis damnit!!!).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
I still believe talent wise the Magic have some better players. But right now they're just not playing well as a team, especially defensively. And even now, I don't mind the Christie trade. Mobley wasn't going to resign here anyways, plus now it'll be easier to move Steve Francis, probably to Denver for Andre Miller and Nene, and Christie's deal is up at the end of next season along with Kelvin Cato and Tony Battie. That's about $20 million in salaries right there, making the Magic a real player in FA for the likes of Yao Ming and Amare Stoudemire.

Ming stays and amare eithers stays or goes to l.a. A lot of rumors that the lakers want amare bad as hell and are willing to dish out whatever it takes to get him.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Ming stays and amare eithers stays or goes to l.a. A lot of rumors that the lakers want amare bad as hell and are willing to dish out whatever it takes to get him.

With what money? The Lakers would have to give up Odom and probably Butler to have any shot at Amare. I also can't see Amare wanting to play with a ball hog like Kobe over Nash.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)

Amare did come from Orlando in High School ya know. It'd be a great story if he did come home.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
With what money?  The Lakers would have to give up Odom and probably Butler to have any shot at Amare.  I also can't see Amare wanting to play with a ball hog like Kobe over Nash.

Is he an unrestricted fa? I don't see him going anywhere. I can see joe johnson leaving, but Amare is the Suns right now. I doubt they'll be dumb enough to lose him.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
Very few people turn down the bigger money, no matter what profession...

And yes, there are exceptions to that.

It not like one team will offer him 100 dollars and another team 10 million. All the offers for him will be similar.