White Sox v. A's Spring Training game

AddisonStSox

I've lost a lot of faith in Marte.

He used to be automatic. When he came in, you would know it would be a short inning.

Now, he takes a few lumps before getting those three outs. I'm hoping Hermanson and Vizcaino can come in and shut things down like Marte did two years ago.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

K. 3 outs. 9-7. Marte looked alright when he mixed in breaking balls to the last two outs. But most everything else was fastball in, fastball in, fastball in, making me think that he's still using ST to work on hitting that spot and not worrying much about the results.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)

He used to be automatic.  When he came in, you would know it would be a short inning.

Now, he takes a few lumps before getting those three outs.  I'm hoping Hermanson and Vizcaino can come in and shut things down like Marte did two years ago.

He was still pretty damn good last year. (2 years ago, just sick.) I think it's early to lose faith in someone who's been as regular as Damaso.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)

He used to be automatic.  When he came in, you would know it would be a short inning.

Now, he takes a few lumps before getting those three outs.  I'm hoping Hermanson and Vizcaino can come in and shut things down like Marte did two years ago.

It's spring training. I wouldn't worry about Marte until he starts really getting pounded when the game starts. In that inning, again, it looked like he was just focusing on hitting that spot on the inside to righties.

Didnt Jimenez lose a pop fly with the bags juiced and allowed 2 runs to score one time? Also, didnt maggs hit a homer but bounced inside the fence and came back in and called it a double? We've had some bad luck against them...

Yes, Jimenez did do that but I think all 3 runs actually scored. :chair

Speaking of Jimenez. The Astros just traded Tim Redding to the Padres for C Humberto Quintero. We drafted Quintero and traded him to the Padres in 2002 for Jimenez. :bang

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oD...ov=ap&type=lgns

The Padres got Quintero in July 2002 as part of a trade that sent infielder D'Angelo Jimenez to the Chicago White Sox.
Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
I don't recall many games against Oakland which were blowout wins, or where our pitching simply dominated.  Whether our bullpen surrenders the lead, offense is shutdown, or some fluke occurence (Magg losing flyball in fog two seasons ago) there's always been a reoccuring theme of futility. Our troubles against Oakland disgust me becuase I take personal pleasure in watching Oakland lose, and Billy Bean supporters covering his ass. Nothing would satisfy me more than Oakland losing 90+ games this year. However, I'll probably hear" this is a rebuilding effort" in response.

Flash, do you remember (two years ago, I think it was) the two duels that Mark Mulder in Mark Buehrle had, one at the Cell, and one at the Colleseum?

I'm not old enough to remember any really great classics, but those two games were probably the best two games I've ever seen in my lifetime. Both games were under or close to two hours long, and both games saw Buehrle and Mulder dominate. I remember Oakland winning one, forgot who won the other, but man -- those games were beautiful, win or loss.

Anyone else remember those?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
Flash, do you remember (two years ago, I think it was) the two duels that Mark Mulder in Mark Buehrle had, one at the Cell, and one at the Colleseum?

I'm not old enough to remember any really great classics, but those two games were probably the best two games I've ever seen in my lifetime.  Both games were under or close to two hours long, and both games saw Buehrle and Mulder dominate.  I remember Oakland winning one, forgot who won the other, but man -- those games were beautiful, win or loss.

Anyone else remember those?

Yeah we lost 1-0 the first and 2nd we lost too but dont remember the score. All I know is that on the third try Buehrle outduled Mulder in a CG shutout.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
Hawk on Pablo Ozuna:

"Is he awesome or what?"

Yes, Hawk, he has been awesome this spring.

I'd like to be the first to officially welcome Pablo to the big leagues this season! :cheers

Jabroni may have beaten you to it. :D

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
i think were gonna se lots of pablo Ozuna playing third base this year.  Crede is on his way out.

Crede has been playing his way out. But, I think the writing has been on the wall for a while now. He'll get a shot to turn things around this year, but he is on a short leash.

I think he has till' the All-star break to make things happen.

Shingo just serves up a HR.

12-8 Sox.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
i cant wait till spring training is over.  Can i get a hell yeah for the regular season!

Hell yeah! :cheers

I've enjoyed having all these games on TV, but I'm completely sick of exhibition play. Time for the games to count.