Buehrle 1-0 Crede 0-1

valponick

Game was completely his fault. I have no idea what he was thinking when he tried to barehand that ball, that was the wrong thing to do defensively. You have fat ass Lecroy chugging down the basepaths and one of the strongest arms in the league behind you but you try to barehand stab the ball from your belly? Completely f***ing ridiculous. I have had it with Crede, I would be more than happy to see a replacement at 3B.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HIs eye was on the ball.

Juan was not right behind Crede. Juan was sliding to stay in front of that ball. Even Juan would have had a hard time throwing him out.

Since Crede's eye was on the ball, and Juan was ALMOST behind him, he figured that no one was behind him so he tried to stop the ball from going into the outfield.

Was it Crede who gave up the 3 run shot??

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
Game was completely his fault.  I have no idea what he was thinking when he tried to barehand that ball, that was the wrong thing to do defensively.  You have fat ass Lecroy chugging down the basepaths and one of the strongest arms in the league behind you but you try to barehand stab the ball from your belly?  Completely f***ing ridiculous.  I have had it with Crede, I would be more than happy to see a replacement at 3B.

He was thinking "Stop the ball and keep it in the infield" which is EXACTLY what he should be thinking.

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 03:26 AM)
HIs eye was on the ball.

Juan was not right behind Crede. Juan was sliding to stay in front of that ball. Even Juan would have had a hard time throwing him out.

Since Crede's eye was on the ball, and Juan was ALMOST behind him, he figured that no one was behind him so he tried to stop the ball from going into the outfield.

Was it Crede who gave up the 3 run shot??

That is the incorrect baseball analysis. First of all Uribe was in a position to make the play, even if his momentum was going in the other direction he was still in a MUCH better position to make the play than Crede was from his belly. At that point as a third basemen you have to know that if you can't make the play the fact that it goes into the outfield makes no difference given the situation. Of course he did not give up the homerum but his misplay brought about the situation, he let down his pitcher defensively, so shifting the blame on him is not unfair.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 03:29 AM)
He was thinking "Stop the ball and keep it in the infield" which is EXACTLY what he should be thinking.

No, given the runners on base, it does not matter if the ball goes into the outfield at this point. You aren't always thinking about keeping the ball in the infield. The same is said if a groundball is hit slightly to the left or right of the mound...you have to know that in certain situations letting the ball go is the right play, this was a case where he should have let the ball go, EVEN IF it meant it went into the outfield.

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
Game was completely his fault.  I have no idea what he was thinking when he tried to barehand that ball, that was the wrong thing to do defensively.  You have fat ass Lecroy chugging down the basepaths and one of the strongest arms in the league behind you but you try to barehand stab the ball from your belly?  Completely f***ing ridiculous.  I have had it with Crede, I would be more than happy to see a replacement at 3B.

He was thinking "maybe I can ruin everyone's day by hitting the ball away from Juan because I'm 100 percent sure he's right behind me, if I were smart I'd let the ball go and maybe we can win this game." That's what he was thinking, leave him alone, he tripped and he did his best to keep the ball in the infield and it didn't work out, s*** happens over the course of 162 games.

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
No, given the runners on base, it does not matter if the ball goes into the outfield at this point.  You aren't always thinking about keeping the ball in the infield.  The same is said if a groundball is hit slightly to the left or right of the mound...you have to know that in certain situations letting the ball go is the right play, this was a case where he should have let the ball go, EVEN IF it meant it went into the outfield.

No. His job is to keep the ball in the infield. Always. Every f***ing time.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 03:31 AM)
He was thinking "maybe I can ruin everyone's day by hitting the ball away from Juan because I'm 100 percent sure he's right behind me, if I were smart I'd let the ball go and maybe we can win this game."  That's what he was thinking, leave him alone, he tripped and he did his best to keep the ball in the infield and it didn't work out, s*** happens over the course of 162 games.

Yea, I understand that. I'm just frustrated with this guy. He hasn't even come close to his potential and I just think it is time to move on at his position.

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 03:29 AM)
That is the incorrect baseball analysis.  First of all Uribe was in a position to make the play, even if his momentum was going in the other direction he was still in a MUCH better position to make the play than Crede was from his belly.  At that point as a third basemen you have to know that if you can't make the play the fact that it goes into the outfield makes no difference given the situation.  Of course he did not give up the homerum but his misplay brought about the situation, he let down his pitcher defensively, so shifting the blame on him is not unfair.

He tripped unintenionally. And, if the ball goes into the OF, the runners would have advanced a base.

Sheesh. There's always gotta be a scapegoat, huh? It's never that we just got beat, someone's always gotta take the blame. Geez, move on...

From the time a kid steps onto a ballfield he is taught knock it down, get in front of the ball, don't let the ball get by you. It's driven into your brain year after year. Yet, some of you are saying that Crede was wrong for doing exactly that. No. You're wrong.

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
That is the incorrect baseball analysis.  First of all Uribe was in a position to make the play, even if his momentum was going in the other direction he was still in a MUCH better position to make the play than Crede was from his belly.  At that point as a third basemen you have to know that if you can't make the play the fact that it goes into the outfield makes no difference given the situation.  Of course he did not give up the homerum but his misplay brought about the situation, he let down his pitcher defensively, so shifting the blame on him is not unfair.

Does Crede have eyes in the back of his head. :huh

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
You've obviously never played competitive baseball, because that is completely wrong.

What the f*** are you talking about? You always always always try and keep the ball in the infield. It's one of the most basic things in baseball.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 03:34 AM)
From the time a kid steps onto a ballfield he is taught knock it down, get in front of the ball, don't let the ball get by you.  It's driven into your brain year after year.  Yet, some of you are saying that Crede was wrong for doing exactly that.  No.  You're wrong.

Obviously going to be differing opinions on this, but as a player this is an incorrect play, bottom line, as a fan it might seem correct. Just fed up with Crede is all, I would be happy to see a change, we could do alot better at 3B.