Gameday! Seattle vs. ChiSox 4-15-05

Capn12

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
We got one run.

Yet is anyone besides me really dissappointed?  There's a case where bunting totally f***ed us over.  Normally, I wouldn't b**** like this, but we just totally gave Pineiro a break there.

Oh yes, that was terrible f***ing managing. Not only that, but if A.J. got the bunt down, we were giving up an easy out to a pitcher that had walked the first 2 batters. If we had the heart of our order coming up after A.J., that would be one thing. But we had 8 and 9 batters batting after him.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
Iguchi hits a check swing nubber back to Pinero.  1 out.

Iguchi's going to have some difficult games against tough righties. I wouldn't mind Harris getting some more playing time against RHP until Iguchi gets used to inside fastballs.

I'm sorry, but that's a pretty pathetic effort through the first three innings by Sox hitters. Pineiro has been absolutely nowhere near the plate, and these guys are swinging at the second pitch. I don't think I've seen Joel throw three pitches in one AB that were over the plate.

I don't mean to b****, but I don't like what I'm seeing. That's a real poor job of hitting there...

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
Iguchi's going to have some difficult games against tough righties.  I wouldn't mind Harris getting some more playing time against RHP until Iguchi gets used to inside fastballs.

The more he plays, the more he'll get used to them, IMHO. Ozzie did say that Harris would get his share of playing time against them, though.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
I'm sorry, but that's a pretty pathetic effort through the first three innings by Sox hitters.  Pineiro has been absolutely nowhere near the plate, and these guys are swinging at the second pitch.  I don't think I've seen Joel throw three pitches in one AB that were over the plate.

I don't mean to b****, but I don't like what I'm seeing.  That's a real poor job of hitting there...

We don't have a lot of real tough outs in our lineup. I said this a few days ago, but we're a very easy team to pitch to. I'm thrilled with our 6-3 record right now, considering we could easily be like 2-7.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
We don't have a lot of real tough outs in our lineup.  I said this a few days ago, but we're a very easy team to pitch to.  I'm thrilled with our 6-3 record right now, considering we could easily be like 2-7.

Still, though. Paully gets walked on four pitches, and the first pitch to Dye is a ball. Pineiro is nowhere near the plate, and he swings at the second pitch?

Garland pitching awesome tonight. Why can't he pitch like this all the time? He is the most inconsistent pitcher that I can remember. Somehow I anticipate that one big inning by the Mariners coming.

Edited by robinventura23