Mariners @ Sox Game Thread (4/17, 2:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Getting kicked out is overrated.

No, but sticking up for your players is underrated. Ozzie left Everett out alone on the field there. Carl doesn't exactly have the best reputation for maintaining his cool. That call was awful, but it was bulls*** that Ozzie just sat on his ass

It's going to be a long year offensively if we don't start drawing more walks. Too many easy outs in our lineup on a daily basis is trouble (BTW, I've been saying that even after games that we won. Smallball = low scoring baseball....not exactly something that works well in a hitter's park).

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
No, but sticking up for your players is underrated.  Ozzie left Everett out alone on the field there.  Carl doesn't exactly have the best reputation for maintaining his cool.  That call was awful, but it was bulls*** that Ozzie just sat on his ass

Players seem to love Ozzie. I don't think there is much of a doubt that Ozzie backs his players. If Ozzie needs to handle that situation for Carl, then Carl needs to grow up. But, I do think Carl kept his cool there for the most part.

Personally, I don't see what good it would have done for Ozzie to go out there. He either goes out, yells his ass off and gets kicked out, or talks about it and walks back to the dougout.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
Players seem to love Ozzie.  I don't think there is much of a doubt that Ozzie backs his players.  If Ozzie needs to handle that situation for Carl, then Carl needs to grow up.  But, I do think Carl kept his cool there for the most part.

I just don't like Ozzie risking Everett getting tossed out of the game by just sitting there in the dugout. We're not exactly loaded with offensive talent in our lineup right now. Everett's one of our few dangerous hitters right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
It's going to be a long year offensively if we don't start drawing more walks.  Too many easy outs in our lineup on a daily basis is trouble (BTW, I've been saying that even after games that we won.  Smallball = low scoring baseball....not exactly something that works well in a hitter's park).

especially when the other team is taking that advantage of playing here....in the hitters park.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
I just don't like Ozzie risking Everett getting tossed out of the game by just sitting there in the dugout.  We're not exactly loaded with offensive talent in our lineup right now.  Everett's one of our few dangerous hitters right now.

I get the feeling that Carl is the type of guy that if he went nuts about that call, there wouldn't be much that Ozzie could do about it.

Agree to disagree, I guess. Lets just hope we pull this one out. Winning the series is great and all, but I'd sure like to get a sweep for once, especially with the Twinkies losing.

This is exactly what I was talking about in regards to too many easy outs in the lineup. Crede weakly pops up a hanging curve on the first pitch, and then Uribe grounds out 2 pitches later. Thus, you have 2 outs on 3 pitches by the bottom of our order. Not exactly the type of at-bats you want to see by your 8/9 hitters.