Mariners @ Sox Game Thread (4/17, 2:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Am i the only one that wanted willie to tag on the fly ball to the warning track?

He probably should have. I have to eat one though. I called for him to steal in the chat and he did.

f***!!!!!!!

Now lets go get Minny.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
Just so all of you people that b**** at Ozzie for bunting Iguchi did it on his own in the 1st

What Willie is trying to say here is:

Just so all of you (people that b**** at Ozzie for bunting) know, Iguchi did it on his own in the 1st.

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
Actually, if the Sox hold true to form, their next loss will be Thursday vs. Det.

I think it will be next Sunday. They win the first two games of ther series, so since there isn't a third game in the Twins and Tigers series....... can you say "6 game winning streak?" :cheers :pray

I hate ot overreact after a bad outing and his numbers this year are still good, but I'm starting to believe the Baseball Prospectus about Garcia not really being a whole lot better than average as a starter. I think it's clear now after 4-5 months of season on this team that he isn't a number one starter and maybe he's better as a third starter

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
I hate ot overreact after a bad outing and his numbers this year are still good, but I'm starting to believe the Baseball Prospectus about Garcia not really being a whole lot better than average as a starter. I think it's clear now after 4-5 months of season on this team that he isn't a number one starter and maybe he's better as a third starter

Career 116 ERA+ isn't a number one starter but I think two is fair.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 06:11 PM)

I said that awhile back.

Garcia is average. Not a #1.

I can see 12-13 wins, with an ERA of 3.90-4.30.

And, that is optomistic.