Game Thread 4-21 Sox .vs. Detoilet

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
What happened in the top of the 2nd where Crede was forced at second yet Pods makes it there safe?

Ground ball to the pitcher ... Crede caught in a pickle ... kept it going long enough for Pods to get to 2nd.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 01:51 AM)
In addition, I don't think "Ozzie is too stupid to change the lineup" as qwerty so delicately put it.  I think Ozzie is trying to keep some stability and consistency in the lineup while getting his bench some playing and keeping his starters rested.

I think about more than just the current game when I'm evaluating Ozzie's decisions.  That's beyond some people.

I am sorry but it makes no sense to just plop in whoever you are replacing in the field in the same exact spot in the line-up. I have no problems with him giving guys days off. But timo batting lead-off? Batting fifth? Can't wait until he learns to play first and he bats clean up for us.

This should strike fear in the rest of the ALC. This team has only begun to fight!

RISP ALC:

MIN: .224OBPA .377SLGA .221BAA 15RA (unbelievable!)

WSX: .327OBPA .319SLGA .222BAA 32RA (distorted by two gms)

DET: .362OBPA .487SLGA .286BAA 33RA (much improved)

CLE: .363OBPA .451SLGA .294BAA 31RA (unexpectantly poor)

KAN: .378OBPA .471SLGA .304BAA 52RA (really bad)

MIN: .309BA .400OBP .547SLG 61R (very good w RISP)

DET: .333BA .373OBP .500SLG 71R (surprisingly good)

CLE: .226BA .336OBP .304SLG 41R (surprisingly weak)

KAN: .233BA .271OBP .353SLG 39R (expectantly weak)

WSX: .202BA .234OBP .292SLG 39R (shockingly worst in the ALC)

And yet we lead MIN by 2gms, & DET, CLE by 5 gms. Does anybody really think the WSX will remain dead last w RISP in the ALC this year? I sure don't. Especially when Thomas returns.

For the naysayers, it's inevitable the offense will start firing on all cylinders. But there's no reason to think the defense will tail off. We are living on the DP right now & a team only gets better with practice & more experience in that dept. Not worse. I'm not shy in saying that we may have the best IF in all of the AL right now. That greatly helps any pitching staff.

We have KW to thank for that. He got us Uribe, & Guch. Two guys none of us thought or even dreamed of being White Sos before KW brought them here.

SOX 1, DET 1 RON 1,2 1 out, B3rd

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
I am sorry but it makes no sense to just plop in whoever you are replacing in the field in the same exact spot in the line-up. I have no problems with him giving guys days off. But timo batting lead-off? Batting fifth? Can't wait until he learns to play first and he bats clean up for us.

As I said, sometimes you have to think about more than today's game. Keeping consistency with your line up is important too. We don't want to go back to the tinkering days of Jerry Manuel.