AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

9-1 in 1 run games. Stayin alive in 2005! Hell yeah!

Every day someone new comes up big, what a team! Time to go to the dreaded Oakland Colleseum where the Sox have been brutal over the past 6 seasons. If they can take 2 out of 3 there than I'll be extremely happy. Gotta keep it going....

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
And, for those who don't check into the minor league board, it was a good day on the farm today, too.  Brian Anderson was a single short of the cycle, and B-Mac went six, allowing two (one earned).  Great day all around...  :headbang

Except for the Injury to the Bull which looked bad

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
Anytime you have Contreras or Duque on the mound you know its gonna be ugly but I'll take a win any way I can get it.

thats a bunch of crap, they've both been good for us this year and kept us in the games and yeah, for the last couple outings they've gotten high pitch counts fast, but chill, its the beginning of the season and so far things are working out for us. COUNT and DUKE.... YES!

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
thats a bunch of crap, they've both been good for us this year and kept us in the games and yeah, for the last couple outings they've gotten high pitch counts fast, but chill, its the beginning of the season and so far things are working out for us.  COUNT and DUKE.... YES!

No, what he said is fact. Doing well and doing it pretty are 2 entirely different things. El Duque has a 1.70 WHIP and Contreras is averaging more than 5 walks per 9 innings. That's ugly. With that said both have ERAs under 3.5 so I can't complain.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
Sox win and are in 1st place w/ the best record in the MLB also riding a 7 game winning streak AND the Bulls win a playoff game!!!!!! AM I f***ING DREAMING???

Speaking of dreams, does anyone ever dream about the Sox? There's a few times I can remember dreaming of being at White Sox playoff games.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 06:46 PM)
thats a bunch of crap, they've both been good for us this year and kept us in the games and yeah, for the last couple outings they've gotten high pitch counts fast, but chill, its the beginning of the season and so far things are working out for us.  COUNT and DUKE.... YES!

One earned run or not a start where a guy walks 6 batters and throws 110 pitches and barely squeaks through 5 innings is NOT a quality start at all. He better tighten his s*** up or he's gonna have a real bad day and sooner rather than later.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
One earned run or not a start where a guy walks 6 batters and throws 110 pitches and barely squeaks through 5 innings is NOT a quality start at all.  He better tighten his s*** up or he's gonna have a real bad day and sooner rather than later.

im just saying that until he has that day why dont we just support our guy?

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
Speaking of dreams, does anyone ever dream about the Sox?  There's a few times I can remember dreaming of being at White Sox playoff games.

You need to find yourself a girl, mate. I'd recommend starting wtih your avatar.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
im just saying that until he has that day why dont we just support our guy?

I'm not saying he sucks overall but he certainly sucked today. He was just lucky to get by with a minimum of actual run damage done to him.