Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/25 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit of concern though as Garland took a stinger winger off his leg for the 2nd out to Guch. Hopefully it won't be anything more than a bruise.

I kid you not though. When you watch the Garland starts just keep watching as the inning ends. He waits for Uribe to thank him. That's the kind of team chemistry you want to see. That's the kind of thing that makes it more fun for both & gives them that little extra to give a little more next time.

You don't see that on all teams. I never see Prior do it.

The radio guys I think have it nailed. Both El Duque & Garland are throwing similar stuff. They are keeping the ball down which generates more GBs but making good use of high fastballs to keep the hitters honest.

Both AJ & Widger seem adept at putting a target out there for them to keep it down. These are not wimpy grounders either. There pretty hard hit balls which is why there aren't many easy plays for Uribe. His arm is really making the difference on some of these.

I'll look for it in the stats but I bet the Sox are among the league leaders in preventing SF's & SH's.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
A little bit of concern though as Garland took a stinger winger off his leg for the 2nd out to Guch.  Hopefully it won't be anything more than a bruise.

I kid you not though.  When you watch the Garland starts just keep watching as the inning ends.  He waits for Uribe to thank him.  That's the kind of team chemistry you want to see.  That's the kind of thing that makes it more fun for both & gives them that little extra to give a little more next time. 

You don't see that on all teams.  I never see Prior do it.

The sad thing was that ESPN showed highlights of the game and followed it up with a segment on how well Barry Zito pitched (until the 7th of course), completely ignoring Garland's performance.

16-4. Hot stuff. Let's keep it going, boys! Buehrle/Harden tomorrow should be a tough one. :bringit

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
Welcome to Soxtalk Mamoscott  :cheers

I don't look for 6 runs from us tomorrow, lets hope Buehrle can grind through 7 IP or so, and we scrape a run or 2 out for him.

Thanks. :)

Yeah, Buerhle's gonna have to throw a gem tomorrow. I'd be more than happy with 2 runs from the Sox offense against Harden, but failing that, maybe our hitters can work some counts for a change to get to their bullpen sooner rather than later.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
Welcome to Soxtalk Mamoscott  :cheers

I don't look for 6 runs from us tomorrow, lets hope Buehrle can grind through 7 IP or so, and we scrape a run or 2 out for him.

As long as MB is on his game 1-2 runs should be plenty.

They are talking about Uribe on the radio right now. They said that when they saw him in the ml's they felt he was a can't miss prospect because of his cannon arm & his stick.

Ok now how many of you thought we would be 5 gms up on Minny after 20 gms? I sure didn't. This is a great story. If/When the Sox earn their 20th win on or before May 1st the national media is going to open it's eye & start picking up on the story.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
They are talking about Uribe on the radio right now.  They said that when they saw him in the ml's they felt he was a can't miss prospect because of his cannon arm & his stick. 

Ok now how many of you thought we would be 5 gms up on Minny after 20 gms?  I sure didn't. This is a great story. If/When the Sox earn their 20th win on or before May 1st the national media is going to open it's eye & start picking up on the story.

I thought we'd be 5 games back of the Twins if anything.

QUOTE(Mamoscott @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
Thanks. :)

Yeah, Buerhle's gonna have to throw a gem tomorrow. I'd be more than happy with 2 runs from the Sox offense against Harden, but failing that, maybe our hitters can work some counts for a change to get to their bullpen sooner rather than later.

Welcome Mamoscott! Tomorrow should be the perfect example of the need to play Ozzie/little ball. Hopefully we will be able to squeak out a couple of runs via the steal/sacrifice. Our past futilities against pitchers like Harden came from trying to string together 3 hits or hitting a long one. Here's to the burlymon. :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
"start picking up the story". That's just not accurate. Look around. We may not be story #1 and some experts feel we'll fade but they ARE covering the Sox.

I like the coverage and all but I hope we don't get too much attention. As much as I don't like hearing about the Yankees and Red Sox constantly, I don't want to hear the White Sox like that. But I'm superstitious.

Why is it that every time Ozzie makes a substitution to the starting lineup, somebody has to throw a f***ing fit. If you want Ozzie to play the same 9 guys day in and day out, they'll burn out in August. Just ask any member of the '69 Cubs.

Great game by Jon Garland!

Why is it that every time Ozzie makes a substitution to the starting lineup, somebody has to throw a f***ing fit.  If you want Ozzie to play the same 9 guys day in and day out, they'll burn out in August.  Just ask any member of the '69 Cubs. 

Great game by Jon Garland!

Good point. I think some posters here must think that baseball players are robots that never get tired or wear down. People also seem to forget that every manager in the MLB plays different lineups based on the pitching matchup.