Injuries...

Whitewashed in '05

Out of all our starting position players how many are 100% healthy, 3? This is very bad, I don't care that we lost but if those injuries we took today are serious we are f***ed. With everyone else I will be very mad if that is the case because the sox overall are doing a great job. How serious are our injuries and should we worry??

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
Uribe's looked to be the most serious.  Remember, Podsednik was out for about a week with a minor groin strain.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if Uribe plays this weekend.

I think they held Pods out for the MIN series. I believe he could have played sooner

IMO you need to worry most about Uribes groin pull/strain/whatever. Not that I don't have faith in Ozuna playing SS if need be, but that only leaves us with Harris on the bench in terms of infielders and Ozuna took a shot off the forearm already, and makes us play a semi-gimpy Crede at 3rd until Uribe is ready. Gooch is getting worn down a bit also, so Harris will spell him tomorrow or next game I'm almost certain. That would leave us with nothing but a non-100% Gooch on the bench and he can only play 2B.

Lets hope Herm and the crew can get Uribe back and ready for the game friday, as I don't really expect to see him play tomorrow.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
IMO you need to worry most about Uribes groin pull/strain/whatever. Not that I don't have faith in Ozuna playing SS if need be, but that only leaves us with Harris on the bench in terms of infielders and Ozuna took a shot off the forearm already, and makes us play a semi-gimpy Crede at 3rd until Uribe is ready. Gooch is getting worn down a bit also, so Harris will spell him tomorrow or next game I'm almost certain. That would leave us with nothing but a non-100% Gooch on the bench and he can only play 2B.

Lets hope Herm and the crew can get Uribe back and ready for the game friday, as I don't really expect to see him play tomorrow.

Thank god we have a day off on Thursday.

Injuries are how the squad is tested. Don't forget that the Twinkies had multiple major injuries last year and were able to get production out of their second-line guys. That's what the Sox need to do, since it's is impossible to go through a season unscathed.

They'll pick each other up. They have to.

If Uribe has to miss time or gets hurt for an extended period of time in the future, we are screwed. Neither Ozuna nor Willie can play SS effectively or consistently. There would be alot of balls going through that hole.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:21 AM)
If Uribe has to miss time or gets hurt for an extended period of time in the future, we are screwed.  Neither Ozuna nor Willie can play SS effectively or consistently.  There would be alot of balls going through that hole.

Ozuna looked OK at SS in ST.

Look for Ozzie to play Willie at short today. Ozuna's arm (if not fractured) will be extremely bruised. And I can garuntee you we wont be seeing Uribe at least for a week, they never want to rush a groin pull. With Dye's mental mistakes out in RF I can see Ozzie playing Timo today. So look for a lineup like this today:

Podsednick LF

Iguchi 2B

Everett DH

Konerko 1B

Perez RF

Rowand 2B

Crede 3B

Widger C

Harris SS

We will need a big game out of Freddy today! Our streak for winning the first two games in each series may be over, but our streak with winning every series is still alive.

C'mon Freddy!! Lets start a new winning streak. 7-1 on this road trip would be might excellent. Lets forget about last night's train wreck and start fresh.

Look for Ozzie to play Willie at short today. Ozuna's arm (if not fractured) will be extremely bruised. And I can garuntee you we wont be seeing Uribe at least for a week, they never want to rush a groin pull.  With Dye's mental mistakes out in RF I can see Ozzie playing Timo today. So look for a lineup like this today:

Podsednick LF

Iguchi 2B

Everett DH

Konerko 1B

Perez RF

Rowand 2B

Crede 3B

Widger C

Harris SS

We will need a big game out of Freddy today! Our streak for winning the first two games in each series may be over, but our streak with winning every series is still alive.

C'mon Freddy!! Lets start a new winning streak. 7-1 on this road trip would be might excellent. Lets forget about last night's train wreck and start fresh.

I'm going to puke if Uribe is going to miss time and I have to watch Willie start at SS. :puke

Willie Harris should never be anywhere near SS. Iguchi played some SS in Japan, I'd put him there and let Willie play 2B.

And I'd only do that if Uribe and Ozuna are both in body casts. Otherwise one of them needs to be out there.

QUOTE(ISF @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
Willie Harris should never be anywhere near SS. Iguchi played some SS in Japan, I'd put him there and let Willie play 2B.

And I'd only do that if Uribe and Ozuna are both in body casts. Otherwise one of them needs to be out there.

Have you noticed Iguchi's arm? He can't play short. We're f***ed if Uribe is out for long.