Sox @ A's 4-27-05

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
Paulie pops it up. inning over

Paulie needs to hit that into right field. He rolled his wrists over and popped it up. We did a lot of this last year. This year we have been good at getting the clutch hit.

Man WTF with this offense. It's like they are trying to suck.

The sky is falling. I wish I could feel otherwise, sitting pretty at 16-5 but what the hell...how do you hit a guy with a 0.33 era and not hit a guy with a 7+ era.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
we had our chance right there

ITs just yet another time they have had a shot. Of coruse to be honest, this was the worse shot of all of them. The double plays have killed this team. That and they are not going in motion to get out of them. Its obvious the offense is stalling so you got to force the issue a bit.

Nice job by Carl to do it. He'd of been gunned on a good throw but job was done. You put the pressure on Kendall to make a good throw and more times than not Kendall won't come through.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
HIde hte women and children, Pop Up Paulie is back

I'm not watching the game today, but yesterday he was swinging so hard I thought he was gonna hurt himself. wtf is wrong with him.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Man WTF with this offense.  It's like they are trying to suck.

The sky is falling.  I wish I could feel otherwise, sitting pretty at 16-5 but what the hell...how do you hit a guy with a 0.33 era and not hit a guy with a 7+ era.

The timely hitting that we were getting is no longer.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Man WTF with this offense.  It's like they are trying to suck.

The sky is falling.  I wish I could feel otherwise, sitting pretty at 16-5 but what the hell...how do you hit a guy with a 0.33 era and not hit a guy with a 7+ era.

I wouldn't say the sky is falling, but I really hope that our hot start wasn't a smoke screen for what this team really is, and what it needs to improve on. I'm just happy we had the 16 wins in our first 20 games though, as easily half of those could have been won by the opposition without any flukes.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
I wouldn't say the sky is falling, but I really hope that our hot start wasn't a smoke screen for what this team really is, and what it needs to improve on.  I'm just happy we had the 16 wins in our first 20 games though, as easily half of those could have been won by the opposition without any flukes.

You mean like all those ESPN guys were saying?

I actually would have left Garcia in to face the leadoff batter Thomas here. He's one for f***ing 25 on the season. However, bringing in Marte allowed them to hit the much better Byrnes instead. Marte should have been brought in for Kotsay.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
The timely hitting that we were getting is no longer.

What killed us last year with soft tossers and sinkerballers with plus 6 ERA's is we get pull crazy. We hit harden well because we looked to hit it to right field . When we look to launch against these types of pitchers we foul off the first 2 pitches(usually home run distance) then we reach on the outside pitch and either roll the wrists over for a GIDP or we pop up lazily. Walk needs to get these guys back to basics.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
Paulie has been like this all season in critical spots. Some guys are better off with the bases empty or a non-close game.  Don't know why but a lot of big name players who put up nice stats are like that.

Although in most years Paulie is as good as it gets with runners on. He's never selfish and always willing to do the little things. I know Hawk said he changed his stance a bit yesterday, moving his hands a bit outside.

Cotts is getting up in the pen. I'd guess Marte is a little tired, he's been used quite a bit lately. A's are going to try and put some pressure on Widger here.

Come on Marte, lets get out of this one unscaved.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
You mean like all those ESPN guys were saying?

And they were correct with what they said. We're designed to play smallball, yet we don't do anything to back it up besides the occasional bunt. Instead, it seems like we're just playing for the 3 run homer every game, but our power personnel is not close to the level that it was in year's past. Like I said, thankfully we have those 16 wins as a great foundation.