Sox @ A's 4-27-05

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
:fyou ESPN!!!

Who cares what those "analysts" think, anyway.

i understnad, but this is what they were saying. Not agreeing with them, I'm just pointing out that these are the ings they were pointing out. We were hot, now we are not. We have a man on third in a tight ballgame, with one of our better veteran hitters up. We didn't get it done. its too bad, we may not get another chance.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
And they were correct with what they said.  We're designed to play smallball, yet we don't do anything to back it up besides the occasional bunt.  Instead, it seems like we're just playing for the 3 run homer every game, but our power personnel is not close to the level that it was in year's past.  Like I said, thankfully we have those 16 wins as a great foundation.

Even though we haven't bunted and played real "smallball" we still have had some high score games without the homer.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
I actually disagree ftahom but either way it wasn't a bad move by Oz this time anyways.

You think it was the proper move to bring in Marte to face Thomas/Byrnes? Of course, maybe Garcia told Ozzie he was finished, which makes my argument void.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
I did check the splits and you are right about his numbers being even with runners on and off but I'm goign to go with what I've seen over stats in this case.

Thats simply this season and obviously he isn't dominating thus far, minus his homers. When Paulie is on, he's driving the ball to right field. f***, aside from Crede I haven't seen any of the Sox right handed hitters even using right field. Its disgusting.

This team is in the most awful fundemental funk I've ever seen. They are having a hell of a time picking up pitches and on top of it are being way to greedy at the plate trying to pull everything.

If you notice the only times Rowand has done much anything, he has been going opposite field, but thus far its been not near enough.

As far as Dye goes, Ozzie better get the memo and move Crede into Rowands spot, Rowand up into Dye's spot and Dye down into the 8/9 spot. I'd give Dye friday off too and then let Dye get back on Saturday.

Wow Byrnes got lucky there, Dye had a nice throw but it hit Byrnes.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Oakland doesn't really sacrifice. Ever.

That's what they should have done with a catcher playing third base on a slippery infield. JMO.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
Come on Dye, you have to be able to throw him out there.  Byrnes wasn't even at 2nd base by the time Dye got it.  Dye didn't get himself set behind the throw.

What are you talking about, Dye made a good throw.

I wouldn't say the sky is falling, but I really hope that our hot start wasn't a smoke screen for what this team really is, and what it needs to improve on. I'm just happy we had the 16 wins in our first 20 games though, as easily half of those could have been won by the opposition without any flukes.

[/quote

I won't the same thing either....I mean they had to play Crede at SS cuz of injuries and yet, they still had a chance to blow this game wide open if they simply executed simply things and that makes me :angry: And now, Dye makes his 4th miscue of this series :banghead

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
Thats simply this season and obviously he isn't dominating thus far, minus his homers.  When Paulie is on, he's driving the ball to right field.  f***, aside from Crede I haven't seen any of the Sox right handed hitters even using right field.  Its disgusting. 

This team is in the most awful fundemental funk I've ever seen.  They are having a hell of a time picking up pitches and on top of it are being way to greedy at the plate trying to pull everything.

If you notice the only times Rowand has done much anything, he has been going opposite field, but thus far its been not near enough.

As far as Dye goes, Ozzie better get the memo and move Crede into Rowands spot, Rowand up into Dye's spot and Dye down into the 8/9 spot.  I'd give Dye friday off too and then let Dye get back on Saturday. 

Wow Byrnes got lucky there, Dye had a nice throw but it hit Byrnes.

Dye needs a day off. This crazy Sammy Sosa overthrowing the cutoff guy is annoying as hell. Stop trying to be the hero and play defense.

Aaron needs to move down to 5th. Dye is pressing.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
What are you talking about, Dye made a good throw.

He took forever to get rid of that. I thought there was no way Byrnes was going to be safe at 3rd. Dye acted surprised that he was running, as he had to regroup to throw it to 3rd base. No matter what, Dye should have came up firing right away to 3rd base. Thankfully, someone was backing up 3rd base though. That would have been an awful, yet fitting, way for the A's to get the go-ahead run.